Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a legit contender for a state title every 3-5 years is completely unrealistic for any team in R4.
Is it though? R4 is tough sure, but there have only been 5 different Regional Winners in the last 25 years - Elder, Moeller, St X, Wayne and Colerain before Bolden left.

Now the Fairfield's, Mason's, Princeton's and recently Springboro's and Milford's of the Region have stepped up their programs and closed the gap between the top teams, but none of them have even made the Regional Final in recent memory.

I am completely convinced you dont have any real idea what you write 95% of the time, or simply don't care because you just want to pick a fight.
There are 8 teams left in Ohio D1, not all 8 are legit contenders. Whoever loses the R4 final is obviously not a legit contender. Webster's defines contender as someone who competes for a championship. If they are a legit state contender, they are in the title game.

Again, these are your own words.
It’s a subjective metric. Not all final 8 teams are legitimate contenders, but it’s stupid to think the loser of West vs Moe wouldn’t have been able to win a state title.

Is it though? R4 is tough sure, but there have only been 5 different Regional Winners in the last 25 years - Elder, Moeller, St X, Wayne and Colerain before Bolden left.

Now the Fairfield's, Mason's, Princeton's and recently Springboro's and Milford's of the Region have stepped up their programs and closed the gap between the top teams, but none of them have even made the Regional Final in recent memory.
It’s not unrealistic. For Elder, you’d just like to see them level up on skill talent & speed so they’re not outclassed by the elite teams in R4.

Omar is a clown! He continually bashes coaches and high school student athletes. He offers nothing but negativity. He can give zero , absolutely zero things that are positive to anything. This is High School sports not anything more than that!
Who am I bashing? I’ve said a lot of positive things, you’re just being a d bag.

Last edited:
On the bright side, Elder junior class is very good and the sophomores have some players too. Elder will be really good again next season.
They will, but again, how do they get past Moeller? I don’t know how they stop Marshall next yr, even with a pretty loaded front 7.

Olentangy Liberty is not a good team, but they are playing in a Regional Final. Not all Regions are equal. R1 and R4 have about four times as much talent at R2 and R3.
R3 is more competitive most years. R1 has just been Eds the past few yrs with Ignatius & Mentor being down. R2 was so bad they had to move Springfield there just so there’d be some team that could compete with R1.

It’s a subjective metric. Not all final 8 teams are legitimate contenders, but it’s stupid to think the loser of West vs Moe wouldn’t have been able to win a state title.
Everything is subjective with you to only your thought processes. The loser clearly wouldn't have been able to win a state title, do you seriously read what you type. ..... It literally doesn't make any sense..... "A team in the final 8 that lost could've won the state title"..... Hilarious thinking.

You are correct in the winners of R4 being a select few. But how many of those teams are in the title game consistently every 3-5 years?

None.

You've had a few repeats but nobody is consistently in the title game like they are up in R1.

R4 is just by far the hardest region each year. Even with GMC teams, they'd do some damage in R2 or R3. R4 has great teams and even better coaching. Getting to the state title game consistently every 5 years is impossible out of R4.

Everything is subjective with you to only your thought processes. The loser clearly wouldn't have been able to win a state title, do you seriously read what you type. ..... It literally doesn't make any sense..... "A team in the final 8 that lost could've won the state title"..... Hilarious thinking.
I don’t see how that’s controversial. For example, the ‘03 Colerain team that lost to Elder in the R4 final, wins a state title if they win that game.

You are correct in the winners of R4 being a select few. But how many of those teams are in the title game consistently every 3-5 years?

None.

You've had a few repeats but nobody is consistently in the title game like they are up in R1.

R4 is just by far the hardest region each year. Even with GMC teams, they'd do some damage in R2 or R3. R4 has great teams and even better coaching. Getting to the state title game consistently every 5 years is impossible out of R4.
You’re making my argument for me. Contending doesn’t require winning R4, but you should be competitive with whomever does win R4. It’s no complicated.

You’re making my argument for me. Contending doesn’t require winning R4, but you should be competitive with whomever does win R4. It’s no complicated.
Again please look up the word contender. If you are contending for a STATE title, you have to be in the title game. That's literally what that means.

Again please look up the word contender. If you are contending for a STATE title, you have to be in the title game. That's literally what that means.
No, it doesn’t. By that definition, every top seed that doesn’t get to the SB wasn’t a contender.

No, it doesn’t. By that definition, every top seed that doesn’t get to the SB wasn’t a contender.
Correct, seeding is not the same as contending.

Again, words are important. Unless you are now trying to say Webster's Dictionary is wrong now, because I took the definition of contender directly from the world's most widely used reference book for word definitions.

They will, but again, how do they get past Moeller? I don’t know how they stop Marshall next yr, even with a pretty loaded front 7.
What does Moe bring back on the OL? Marshall is really good, but his OL has done a nice job this year. You also have some speed at the WR spots so you can't completely sell out on the run. Bryant is a senior I believe, but not sure about their other WRs. We'll see, Elder will be breaking in basically an entire new offensive skill unit as well - QB, RB, three WRs, also a couple OL I'm sure.

Correct, seeding is not the same as contending.

Again, words are important. Unless you are now trying to say Webster's Dictionary is wrong now, because I took the definition of contender directly from the world's most widely used reference book for word definitions.
You’re arguing semantics. I’ll rephrase, instead of contending for a Title, it’s being CAPABLE of winning a Title.

West was better. Great year for the Panthers. They stacked the box and played pure Man in the secondary and we couldn't win any one on ones. Defense played well. I am looking forward to Panthers Hoops and Baseball now.

Whoever loses the R4 final is obviously not a legit contender. Webster's defines contender as someone who competes for a championship. If they are a legit state contender, they are in the title game.
I disagree with this premise or the semantics entirely. Both Moeller and Lakota West are obviously legitimate contenders to win the state title. Based on the eye test, both are clearly capable of winning their next three games to bring home the title.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I disagree with this premise or the semantics entirely. Both Moeller and Lakota West are obviously legitimate contenders to win the state title. Based on the eye test, both are clearly capable of winning their next three games to bring home the title.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
His argument make no sense at all. EX.. Olentangy Liberty is not a contender for state and they are sill playing. He knows exactly what Pboy is saying but is trying to be difficult. Moe, West, Springfield, and Ed's are the teams with a chance to win it all. Elder was way more of a contender than Liberty or Mentor but they are done playing because of Region 4.

His argument make no sense at all. EX.. Olentangy Liberty is not a contender for state and they are sill playing. He knows exactly what Pboy is saying but is trying to be difficult. Moe, West, Springfield, and Ed's are the teams with a chance to win it all. Elder was way more of a contender than Liberty or Mentor but they are done playing because of Region 4.
My argument makes no sense? Man it's like words dont have definitions.

Whatever you want to define it as, any time a team reaches the Sweet 16 in any sport it is a big deal. Elder is one of the top football programs in the state of Ohio not just this year, they are period.

Even more to how good this team was, their only 3 losses this season are to teams in the Final 8 of Ohio. Grant it, 2 of the losses I feel should have been closer, but it does show how good this team was.

My argument makes no sense? Man it's like words dont have definitions.
As I said, change the phrase “legit contender” to “capable of winning a state title.” IMO, In the last decade Elder has had 2 teams that were truly capable of winning a state title: 2012 & 2019. The 2013, 2015, 2018, and this yr’s teams were all good, but got throttled by the top teams in the state.

As I said, change the phrase “legit contender” to “capable of winning a state title.” IMO, In the last decade Elder has had 2 teams that were truly capable of winning a state title: 2012 & 2019. The 2013, 2015, 2018, and this yr’s teams were all good, but got throttled by the top teams in the state.
Your wording is better now.

2019 team was in the finals and lost a good game to Pick Central.

I disagree with the 2012 team. They got shellacked a couple of games in the regular season, lost to an OK X team and lost in the round of 8 to a team that didn't win the region.

I'd make the argument that the 2020 team was way more capable than the 2012 team. 2020 lost to the eventual champs, and that game was closer than the actual State championship game.

See this is better, this is how adults debate and have discussion. You bring up points, others bring up counter points and it's constructive. May I even say, it's actually enjoyable.

Your wording is better now.

2019 team was in the finals and lost a good game to Pick Central.

I disagree with the 2012 team. They got shellacked a couple of games in the regular season, lost to an OK X team and lost in the round of 8 to a team that didn't win the region.

I'd make the argument that the 2020 team was way more capable than the 2012 team. 2020 lost to the eventual champs, and that game was closer than the actual State championship game.

See this is better, this is how adults debate and have discussion. You bring up points, others bring up counter points and it's constructive. May I even say, it's actually enjoyable.
The 2012 team got hot at the end of the year. They beat Moe who won state (and got blown out by that same X team) and lost to Colerain in OT in that insane game at Nippert.

The 2012 team got hot at the end of the year. They beat Moe who won state (and got blown out by that same X team) and lost to Colerain in OT in that insane game at Nippert.
I'll agree with that. That Colerain game was a great game. Reminiscent of the playoff games they had with Colerain in the 2000s.

The Pit is open. Why not have those kids take a tour of the school & weight room while they’re visiting? This is how you get kids interested in Elder without having to break recruiting rules. The bottom line is Elder needs a few of these kids each year if they ever want to beat a team like this yr‘s Lakota West or Moeller.

That 2012 was built for success in November also - strong OL and big bruising RB. Their defensive front 7 was strong as well. They should have beaten Colerain that year.

Things also broke extremely odd throughout the state that year. Moeller finished 3rd or 4th in the GCL, but ended up representing R4. The other state rep was Toledo Whitmer, not Ed's, Ignatius or Mentor. It was about as wide open as I can remember with the usual suspects all bowing out early.

The Pit is open. Why not have those kids take a tour of the school & weight room while they’re visiting? This is how you get kids interested in Elder without having to break recruiting rules. The bottom line is Elder needs a few of these kids each year if they ever want to beat a team like this yr‘s Lakota West or Moeller.

You have a strange obsession with Taft. No kids at Taft are making a difference at Elder. Taft will get beaten like a drum by Wyoming this week. I don't think those kids are what Elder needs or wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.