best team you’ve seen in person

1971 Steubenville Catholic*
2005 Steubenville
2006 Steubenville
2006 Cardinal Mooney
2018 Kirtland

All unbeaten state champions
* I was a little less than 5 years old so I remember nothing about the game.

2001 Elder

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
The defense on that 2001 Elder team was truly something. To hold a RB of the caliber of Maurice Clarrett under 100 yards for the game and not allow WGH to gain a single first down in the second half was something I don't think we'll ever see again. If the Panthers had been able to get over the hump of beating St. X in the region 4 finals, I think they could have three-peated as D1 champs.

Colerain’s 2004 squad. Call me crazy but I think St. X’s 2005 team was better than their 2007 squad. I only saw each of these teams play 1 game each though.
Best half of football I ever saw was 2006 Moeller coming back from 28-0 vs Colerain to send it to OT. Moeller was 5-5 that year but had one of the hardest schedules in the nation. I think if they pull that one out in OT they go on to win state. That second half was the most dominant football I’ve seen at the HS level vs an opponent of Colerain’s caliber

1997 McKinley. Not Just Mike Doss even though he was a freak athlete. Kenny Peterson was virtually unguardable. Demarlo Rozier was a tank. Andre Hooks was only a sophomore but had elite speed and route running. Their running game was insane but their defense was even better. Doss was a ball hawk. Rozier too. They just smothered you. McK will never see another team like that again.

I think 2001 St. Xavier is the only team I've seen that advanced to a title game. Saw them beat Princeton 6-0 in the regional semi at Paul Brown Stadium, one of the darndest games I've ever witnessed.

1997 McKinley. Not Just Mike Doss even though he was a freak athlete. Kenny Peterson was virtually unguardable. Demarlo Rozier was a tank. Andre Hooks was only a sophomore but had elite speed and route running. Their running game was insane but their defense was even better. Doss was a ball hawk. Rozier too. They just smothered you. McK will never see another team like that again.
Team was great, Andre Hooks didn't even play all that much but kicking?.... They Had Gamble, Curry, Wilcox, and Fox ahead of him

and 2004 Colerain is similar

1997 Defiance. That defense was lights out.

2002 Kenton led by Ben Mauk.

2003 Avon Lake. We went 10-3 and played a really solid game against them. We still lost by 21.

Those 3 stand out to me.

Team was great, Andre Hooks didn't even play all that much but kicking?.... They Had Gamble, Curry, Wilcox, and Fox ahead of him

and 2004 Colerain is similar
Hooks still got PT tho.. he was the most electric of that group.

97 Semis.. McKinley and Ignatius. Kenny Peterson vs Lecharles Bentley was a great matchup. Looked like 2 grown men competing out there.

2014 Marion Local, best high school team I've ever seen.

D7 champs, beat the D5 champs 20-0 for their only loss, and the D6 champs 56-28. Won the state championship game 41-0. Had 8 shutouts, and 4 games that they only gave up 1 score. They made our team that year look like a junior high team in the state semi's

1978 Cincinnati Princeton Vikings-Team wasn't that big but had a lot of heart. One of the fastest teams in the state!
2004-Colerain Cardinals

2019 Anna when they rocked Coldwater. Their combination of size, quickness, and athleticism on the o-line was something I have almost never seen in the MAC. Their QB/RB combination was absolutely filthy.
coach marino is a good dude and knows his stuff. i’m sure that was apart of their success too. especially them coming in as like a 13 or 14 seed last year i think..? but yeah. i didn’t get to see them in person would’ve been really cool

2019 Anna when they rocked Coldwater. Their combination of size, quickness, and athleticism on the o-line was something I have almost never seen in the MAC. Their QB/RB combination was absolutely filthy.
I remember watching them dismantle Archbold and a good Mechanicsburg on consecutive weeks and the thing that stuck out to me is that I have never seen offensive linemen hustle for downfield blocks the way Anna's did. There was one play where the ball carrier reversed field a couple of times vs Archbold and the o-linemen caught up to and beat him to the goal line. There were two guys that blocked their man all the way out of the back of the end zone, I had never seen that before. Their kickoff team was also something to behold, when blockers engaged them they were literally lifting kids off their feet. It was a clinic on effort.

2004 Colerain. Maybe 2005 or 2007 St. X could be second, but that Colerain team was the best this state has seen in decades.

As for my team, it's 2014 La Salle.

1981 Canton McKinley....There defense was the best in the history of Ohio football. They shut out Big Moe 13-0 to win the State Championship. They were also 2nd in the Nation. Big Moe only crossed the 50 yard line once in the entire game! Can someone give Big Moe's record coming into the game? I think they won 56 out of there last 57 games?

McKinley's defense had a ton of shut outs. Iggy blocked a punt into the endzone for there only score. McKinley's 2nd string gave up a TD for another TD for there only score. I forget who the team was. I believe they shut out 11 of 13 games!