Longest 1st Round Bus Rides: 2022 edition

Personally I enjoy this thread quite a bit. My teams longest trips have been roughly about an hour. (Woodridge & Perry)
Seems a bit shocking the 3 or 4+ hour trips some teams make. Makes you think the teams aren't in correct regions. Have to wonder the thinking that does or doesn't go on when deciding regions by the inept OHSAA.

Personally I enjoy this thread quite a bit. My teams longest trips have been roughly about an hour. (Woodridge & Perry)
Seems a bit shocking the 3 or 4+ hour trips some teams make. Makes you think the teams aren't in correct regions. Have to wonder the thinking that does or doesn't go on when deciding regions by the inept OHSAA.
there’s no thinking involved. they just keep the same ones from the years prior

The longest trips I recall for Canfield have been around 3½ hours by car. Canfield at various times was in the same region as all the Columbus/Central Ohio teams. At times the closest team in their region geographically was Louisville or Alliance, and then all the rest Columbus area schools.

Looks like No. 13 (D3, R10) Defiance is heading to No. 4 Cloverleaf. Google has that at 2 hours and 36 minutes. ... and has Defiance (which is already north of Cloverleaf) going even more north through Toledo, before then going east (turnpike) and then south (I-71) to get to Cloverleaf. Long and weird trip for a No. 13 that will likely knock off the No. 4.
Same length with no tolls if we go to Lima and take 30 east to 71.

These maps got me wondering if Google bought the turnpike.

the thread is titled “longest first round bus rides 2022 edition”. sorry if the thread getting off topic bothered you.
I like this annual thread as there are no opinions involved regarding the topic, just facts about distance and time.

Eventually, maybe next week, we should be seeing the annual spinoff thread to either
  • Keep the divisions but abolish regions
  • Implement a district model.

I like this annual thread as there are no opinions involved regarding the topic, just facts about distance and time.

Eventually, maybe next week, we should be seeing the annual spinoff thread to either
i always thought it would be cool if they took the top 64 teams (according to harbins), divide them into 8 regions of 8 teams geographically, then seed them accordingly. then rebracket starting with the final 16.

Harrison HS to Conneaut HS = 325mi, 4:36 (likely longest distance within Ohio)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Harrison HS to Montgomery Bell Academy (Nashville) = 295mi, 4:15
Harrison HS to Loyola Academy HS (Chicago) = 293mi, 4:21
Archb Moeller HS to Detroit MLK = 259mi, 3:50
Steubenville HS to St. Joseph's Prep (Philadelphia) = 341mi, 5:13
Steubenville HS to Our Lady of Good Counsel HS (Olney MD) = 271mi, 4:14
Massillon Washington HS to Canisius Prep (Buffalo) = 245mi, 3:55
Edon OH HS to West HS (Davenport Iowa) = 348mi, 5:09
Sylvania Southview HS to St Ignace HS (Mackinaw MI) = 323mi, 4:22
Ironton HS to Mallard Creek HS (Charlotte, NC) = 327mi, 5:07
Austintown Fitch HS to Salisbury HS (Allentown PA) = 341mi, 5:01

It's amazing how far Ohio High Schools could travel if you set a radius of 350 miles
Dude did some math! And research

I only complain about this discussion because the regions are a total sacred cow in Ohio. I have always hated him.

Of course, I do hate them a lot less since half the teams get into the playoffs now. That also doesn't help the two undefeated teams who missed the playoffs in 2019--they missed because of the regions.

lol, Lima is closer even to the R6 near Cleveland, let alone Toledo than they are to schools in their assigned region. They're closer to almost ALL the R7 schools too. Hell, I'm pretty sure they're closer to some in R5. Maybe they can ask Indiana to play in their tournaments?

Someday, Lima is going to get payback. Then we'll all wish we'd been nicer.

A district model will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever be done in Ohio. Period.

What’s the longest someone is going to take a yellow school bus? A lot of teams will charter a bus if it is extreme distances

What’s the longest someone is going to take a yellow school bus? A lot of teams will charter a bus if it is extreme distances
True whenever Canfield played teams in Columbus they always got charter busses for the players and coaches. The cheerleaders, majorettes and band were relegated to regular school buses however.

True whenever Canfield played teams in Columbus they always got charter busses for the players and coaches. The cheerleaders, majorettes and band were relegated to regular school buses however.
Right cause it isn’t about them.

chartered bus is much more comfortable on a long trip.

we are talking about 2022 playoff games only on this thread.

to end the “longest potential in ohio” debate, i believe that is North Central High school (Pioneer) to Fairland High school (Proctorville). total time: 5 hours 28 minutes
Nothing like having to take a Vacation day to see your kid play

When I lived in Florida there was a team in the Panhandle that had to travel down by Miami they had to take 10 to 75 to 95 South just to get to their game

Got an over/under on how many total posts are made in the various playoff region and individual game threads of "Well, I guess (insert team name here) shouldn't bother showing up."?

How about an over/under on "Team A got screwed because they have to drive 70 miles to neutral game site while Team B only has to drive 65 miles." posts?

How about an over/under on "Team A got screwed because they have to drive 70 miles to neutral game site while Team B only has to drive 65 miles." posts?
Cannot prognosticate an over/under, but we know from this will come the "[Site X] makes more sense" followed by "Did [Site X] put in a bid?" banter.

May want to check this but I believe its Harrison Central to Conneaut-
Harrison Central is a different school in Harrison County rather than the Harrison that is located in Cincinnati Area.
Travel is much less than the above 325 for Harrison Central to Conneaut.
Um. Nope. Thanks for playing. It's Harrison High School that's actually in Harrison Ohio. Duh?

1666496123311.png