2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I saw where Franklins' 8th graders won the league championship. Several good athletes and good size should boost the program as early as next season.

The only consistent competition for Edgewood on that list is Franklin. Monroe hasn't given them a game in years, Ross is hit and miss. The most consistent competition has come from Harrison and Mt Healthy, just not recently.

I can't wait to see how VV and BB play.
Once Monroe left the Middletown district they were quite a bit smaller than than Edgewood. Add in the revolving door of coaches the last 10 years and they have not been where they should be. The district is growing and will soon be DII in football. Mullins has the program headed in the right direction and numbers are up. They lost 3 games this year and all three teams are 8-1. I see them being in the upper half of the conference consistently for the next 3-4 years at minimum.

Once Monroe left the Middletown district they were quite a bit smaller than than Edgewood. Add in the revolving door of coaches the last 10 years and they have not been where they should be. The district is growing and will soon be DII in football. Mullins has the program headed in the right direction and numbers are up. They lost 3 games this year and all three teams are 8-1. I see them being in the upper half of the conference consistently for the next 3-4 years at minimum.
I agree. When Monroe has had quality teams over the past decade, they've been extremely competitive. I know their boys soccer team is now DI in that sport. I wouldn't be surprised to see Monroe continue to grow.

Love Carlisle with everything in me but I see them losing this week to Waynesville. Waynesville’s quarterback led a huge comeback last week against Franklin from what a buddy of mine at Waynesville said. If they would’ve kicked PATs they win the game. Carlisle will finish at 3-7 and be looking for a head coach next week.

The only consistent competition for Edgewood on that list is Franklin. Monroe hasn't given them a game in years, Ross is hit and miss. The most consistent competition has come from Harrison and Mt Healthy, just not recently.

I can't wait to see how VV and BB play.
Which illustrates my point perfectly. Of the teams listed Franklin is not what I would put at the top of the list as the tougher of those teams and likely loses to all of those teams in recent years. However in any given week any of those teams could jump up and get you.

Which illustrates my point perfectly. Of the teams listed Franklin is not what I would put at the top of the list as the tougher of those teams and likely loses to all of those teams in recent years. However in any given week any of those teams could jump up and get you.
Franklin beat Edgewood last year

Exactly. And both Monroe and BB handled Franklin easily. Ross beat Monroe and VV. Edgewood handled Ross. Quality of depth is what makes this a potentially great conference.
It’s funny to me someone came on here hyping Edgewood up, nobody is scared of Edgewood, they got beat last year by a horrible Franklin team who only had 2 SWBL wins including a 7-0 fist fight with a bottom barrel Carlisle team. Someone acting like Edgewood is trotwood come on now Edgewood would be fortunate on good years to get past VV and D5 Brookville

It’s funny to me someone came on here hyping Edgewood up, nobody is scared of Edgewood, they got beat last year by a horrible Franklin team who only had 2 SWBL wins including a 7-0 fist fight with a bottom barrel Carlisle team. Someone acting like Edgewood is trotwood come on now Edgewood would be fortunate on good years to get past VV and D5 Brookville
Just for my own clarification sake, you are not confusing me as an Edgewood fan correct? I do have standards after all ;)

Just heard that Monroe will have several of their starters out tonight and the rest of the season due to them being ineligible. Their grades are good, behavior is not an issue. There was a mix-up with the students not having enough credits because they are taking college courses, in addition to a high school class or two. Seems to me that Monroe admin, not sure who is responsible for this (AD/Counselor), should have had this figured out.

I guess this is affecting 10-20 fall athletes, not just football players. Really a sad situation for the players and families involved.

Just heard that Monroe will have several of their starters out tonight and the rest of the season due to them being ineligible. Their grades are good, behavior is not an issue. There was a mix-up with the students not having enough credits because they are taking college courses, in addition to a high school class or two. Seems to me that Monroe admin, not sure who is responsible for this (AD/Counselor), should have had this figured out.

I guess this is affecting 10-20 fall athletes, not just football players. Really a sad situation for the players and families involved.
This is true. Apparently, they were taking college courses and some of them were online, but didn't start until the second quarter. First quarter ended last Thursday and they do not have enough core credits to be eligible. I won't name names but at least 3 seniors on the football team that are critical players. Someone should lose their job over this. I'm hearing it was the counselors mistake. I'm guessing the next school board meeting will have several very unhappy parents attending it.

This is true. Apparently, they were taking college courses and some of them were online, but didn't start until the second quarter. First quarter ended last Thursday and they do not have enough core credits to be eligible. I won't name names but at least 3 seniors on the football team that are critical players. Someone should lose their job over this. I'm hearing it was the counselors mistake. I'm guessing the next school board meeting will have several very unhappy parents attending it.
I agree, heads should be rolling. This is someone's job to figure this out.

The sad part about it is that the football players lose out on their senior night and playoff games. Attending a board meeting doesn't help them after the fact. If a girl's tennis player was affected, they still competed in their senior night, etc...

Maybe they will reconsider.....

I agree, heads should be rolling. This is someone's job to figure this out.

The sad part about it is that the football players lose out on their senior night and playoff games. Attending a board meeting doesn't help them after the fact. If a girl's tennis player was affected, they still competed in their senior night, etc...

Maybe they will reconsider.....
I heard it is under appeal, but I'm guessing that has to be done through OHSAA. I highly doubt anything will resolved in time for the game tonight. And I agree 100% attending the board meeting doesn't help them after the fact, but it might force the district to hold somebody accountable. I feel terrible for the kids involved and can only imagine the anger their parents must feel towards the school.

Yikes guessing that will affect winter sports also that’s rough.

Wouldn't this mean Monroe was playing ineligible players all fall? OHSAA rules say all contests they participated in must be forfeited.

Man, that really is awful for those kids. I sure hope that the ruling can be appealed.

I heard it is under appeal, but I'm guessing that has to be done through OHSAA. I highly doubt anything will resolved in time for the game tonight. And I agree 100% attending the board meeting doesn't help them after the fact, but it might force the district to hold somebody accountable. I feel terrible for the kids involved and can only imagine the anger their parents must feel towards the school.
Hopefully OHSAA steps in and cleans this up, this is not the kids fault. I will be surprised if these young men aren't in the lineup next week. Very unfortunate situation to put them in.

Unbelievable. I'm sure it was a mistake, but I hate to hear those players and their team will somehow be held accountable for that mistake. Especially now with the culmination of your season being a playoff birth.