2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Can someone get this guy some medicine please. He's talking kind of crazy.
Look at these two, no one cares about Madison carlisle game. The 2 worst programs in the area. Lets not forget CHS 91 won 4 games in his Jr and SR years. Whos smoking what?

I still spelled it right
Look out Camden is in the house trying to learn how to spell. Hey Big Arrow I got one hot off the press for you. Preble Shawnees head coach thats been there awhile will be at Carlisle next year. He is a Carlisle alumni. Don't worry CHS91 we will slow down so you can keep up.

Look out Camden is in the house trying to learn how to spell. Hey Big Arrow I got one hot off the press for you. Preble Shawnees head coach thats been there awhile will be at Carlisle next year. He is a Carlisle alumni. Don't worry CHS91 we will slow down so you can keep up.
Dave Maddox is Shawnee’s HC graduated from Shawnee in 02 or 03, you must be talking about the OC and I got one hot off the press for you no one would care if he packed up and left tomorrow.

Here's my two cents worth. While this is a football board we need to look at the other sports also. Carlisle is usually good in baseball, will probably win the West division in basketball and is solid in wrestling so they have athletes just need to get them one the football field. Madison has athletes but needs to get them on the football field. New head coaches at both May solve that. I just don't see Carlisle leaving simply because they are basically in the middle of the SWBL. I can't see any league wanting Madison until they get new leadership in the AD office.

I understand why MU and PS left. MU was travel and PS went to a league that was all around their size. It also helped MU in other sports like basketball. Isn't Shawnee the biggest school in their league?

Last thing, whoever said VV won in football in '97 because of an Arrow sure doesn't know what he's talking about. Bundy was an OK player but VV would have won without him.

Here's my two cents worth. While this is a football board we need to look at the other sports also. Carlisle is usually good in baseball, will probably win the West division in basketball and is solid in wrestling so they have athletes just need to get them one the football field. Madison has athletes but needs to get them on the football field. New head coaches at both May solve that. I just don't see Carlisle leaving simply because they are basically in the middle of the SWBL. I can't see any league wanting Madison until they get new leadership in the AD office.

I understand why MU and PS left. MU was travel and PS went to a league that was all around their size. It also helped MU in other sports like basketball. Isn't Shawnee the biggest school in their league?

Last thing, whoever said VV won in football in '97 because of an Arrow sure doesn't know what he's talking about. Bundy was an OK player but VV would have won without him.
The TRC is very strong in basketball. Milton left for all the right reasons. Period.

I don’t know why Poff isn’t still a part of the program last I heard he was Asst coaching perhaps Middletown Christian and a die hard madison guy I would assume he wouldn’t be ok just watching this unless he knows it’s a complete train wreck and looking for another string of deep classes like he had to put it back together. I don’t think Jewell will ever be coaching again at least in state, idk about any legal issues but seemed he was burned out a couple years before he left idk speculation, but at Carlisle if I’m not mistaken Brown is still teaching solid coach and D1 player, he had exceptional teams but took the blame when the well ran dry and it completely ran dry, he was force to play freshman who wouldn’t have started JV 2 years earlier, the only success clod has had was last year when those Brown freshman was seniors and still only hit .500. Maybe see what’s Browns interest he still has twice the SWBL wins than Clod on 1 less year and a 0-10 season, I think Brown went to the playoffs 4 of 6 years at 2 different schools under the old 8 team format, actually pretty surprised his name doesn’t come up more often.
Couldn't agree more about Brown. Was great with the kids, had success and had the numbers close to 50 if I recall. If I'm the current AD at Carlisle, I'm knocking on his door to gauge his interest.

Couldn't agree more about Brown. Was great with the kids, had success and had the numbers close to 50 if I recall. If I'm the current AD at Carlisle, I'm knocking on his door to gauge his interest.
Don't know the details, but the current AD is the one who got rid of Brown. There will be no knocks on Brown's door unless the current AD is spineless or there's a new AD coming to the Indian Nation. :stirthepot:

Brown isn’t a family friend of/hasn’t previously worked with the current AD somewhere else so there’s one reason that’s a reach

Don't know the details, but the current AD is the one who got rid of Brown. There will be no knocks on Brown's door unless the current AD is spineless or there's a new AD coming to the Indian Nation. :stirthepot:
He was a new AD must of had little Johnny and joeys parents in his ear when he got there because mean coach Brown evaluated talent with his D1 eye and explained your son not very good at football is why we aren’t winning games in 2018, got rid of him and got that big win over Dixie in a nail biter the next season to go 1-9 under Clod the rebuilder 😂

Brown stepped down from coaching he said it was family health issues I personally would say it was from mom's and dad's screaming at him from stands every Friday night
He was a new AD must of had little Johnny and joeys parents in his ear when he got there because mean coach Brown evaluated talent with his D1 eye and explained your son not very good at football is why we aren’t winning games in 2018, got rid of him and got that big win over Dixie in a nail biter the next season to go 1-9 under Clod the rebuilder 😂

Couple historic SWBL teams not sure of rivalry but had some of the most exceptional players to ever Grace the field in the league. Excited to watch this one! Go 🔷
I posted on another thread that I favor VV in this game with Benson and Clark being the difference while BB Wing-T tries to play catch up. Glad to see VV kids stepped up considering the past couple of years of coaching uncertainties.
IMO, VV controls Region 20 with a win and a date with a state semi-final. BB, good luck, your Region 12 is not so easy, especially with Badin being there.

I posted on another thread that I favor VV in this game with Benson and Clark being the difference while BB Wing-T tries to play catch up. Glad to see VV kids stepped up considering the past couple of years of coaching uncertainties.
IMO, VV controls Region 20 with a win and a date with a state semi-final. BB, good luck, your Region 12 is not so easy, especially with Badin being there.
I think BB's rushing attack can make this a close game, and maybe lower scoring. They have a history the past two seasons of getting into some lower scoring, defensive battles (Badin x2, Tipp City, etc.) in bigger games. I do think that Valley View's rush defense is very strong this season. If BB wants to move the ball consistently, it may come from playaction passing.

To be honest, Brookville and Valley View were 7-0 at halftime and that was on a Pick-6 by VV. Brookville's rushing attack kept the ball from VV most of the first half. Then a special teams TD, a good drive, etc., and VV pulled away in the second half. Led 21-0 at one point but won 28-14. I could see Bellbrook using a similar formula.

Last edited:
Bellbrook with that bigger school depth, but I trying to be unbiased VV by 10

Here the here the court is now in session. How can you tell me that edgewood is not going to win the swbl when they are winning the swoc. The will when in up years and down years they will dominate the swbl just like they did MML. Really...
Well the SWOC is terrible this year, so there's that. There will be no dominating the SWBL, but they will be the biggest school in the conference so that will give them a bit of an edge.

Week 10 Games:
Bellbrook @ Valley View-I think the Spartans win a close one, but it's always tough to pick against Bellbrook. I won't be surprised if it comes down to special teams and someone wins by a FG. Something in the 17-14 range.
Eaton @ Monroe-Monroe pulls it out on senior night. They've played some good D the last several weeks and have cleaned up the penalties and stupid mistakes. They are playing well at the right time and I think they win by a couple of scores.
Brookville @ Franklin-The Wildcats have shown some fight the last couple of weeks, but the Blue Devils are too much. Brookville by 14+.
Waynesville @ Carlisle-Waynesville wins but it might be closer than some think.
Middletown Madison @ Oakwood-The Jacks win by 21+

Well the SWOC is terrible this year, so there's that. There will be no dominating the SWBL, but they will be the biggest school in the conference so that will give them a bit of an edge.
I agree they will not dominate but they will challenge for the title regularly. The thing that makes the SWBL so interesting is the depth of quality. When your schedule includes teams like Monroe, Ross, BB, VV, Eaton, and Franklin rather than Ross, MtH, NW, Harrison, and Talawanda there is a significant chance of upsets because you do not have as many "easy" games. Edgewood will be just fine in FB. Add in the fact that you are getting another small town team and the environment it creates, the fall of 23 will be great for FB.

Got some bad news for you it’s coming, but I wouldn’t be worried about Talawanda, I’d be worried about Edgewood they win this league on down year’s and with what they have returning and coming up it’s going to be awhile before it’s a down year.
Yeah I'm not worried about competition, the comment was on I have no care to watch Talawanda.

Running away. hmmmmm
Dixie and Preble asked to eliminate the crossover game for years. The big schools enjoyed the nice easy wins. So those 2 left. Is that running away? Does anybody think Dixie and Preble are a better fit in the SWBL than they are in the WOAC?

MU sees 2 of their 3 closest games and 2 other schools in the Buckeye leave, at the same time they are invited into a league with county rivals Covington, Miami East, and Bethel. Faced with the choice of playing closer schools, or have even more games on the south side of town they jumped to the TRC. Running away though?

Northridge just saw the writing on the wall. Stay in the 'new' SWBL or go with MU. I bet that decision took 2 seconds.

Now that we see how the SWBL is responding, by inviting in even BIGGER schools, I think all of those schools made the right call.
The league is now 4 DIII, 5 DV, and Eaton in the middle at DIV. So do they find some big and some small schools to add? No, they add DII schools! Should the 5 small schools be happy with that?

The SWBL ignored their smaller schools, and put themselves in the position they are in.
So half of the small schools left? In a conference that was majority small interesting...

I agree they will not dominate but they will challenge for the title regularly. The thing that makes the SWBL so interesting is the depth of quality. When your schedule includes teams like Monroe, Ross, BB, VV, Eaton, and Franklin rather than Ross, MtH, NW, Harrison, and Talawanda there is a significant chance of upsets because you do not have as many "easy" games. Edgewood will be just fine in FB. Add in the fact that you are getting another small town team and the environment it creates, the fall of 23 will be great for FB.
The only consistent competition for Edgewood on that list is Franklin. Monroe hasn't given them a game in years, Ross is hit and miss. The most consistent competition has come from Harrison and Mt Healthy, just not recently.

I can't wait to see how VV and BB play.

I believe the Arrow they were referring to was Tanner. Sounds like there were multiple Preble guys on that team?

Yes, it was Tanner. My mistake. He was the PS guy on that team but Shawnee also had Bundy and Williams transferred for that senior year. Williams went right back to Shawnee for basketball after football was over.

Yes, it was Tanner. My mistake. He was the PS guy on that team but Shawnee also had Bundy and Williams transferred for that senior year. Williams went right back to Shawnee for basketball after football was over.
Williams was the Qb, I thought that’s who he was talking about, nice athlete

Brown stepped down from coaching he said it was family health issues I personally would say it was from mom's and dad's screaming at him from stands every Friday night
If the guy couldn’t get through one bad season then probably not an option. Don’t know anything about the coaches back then but leading a small program in the new SWBL wont be for the faint of heart.

If the guy couldn’t get through one bad season then probably not an option. Don’t know anything about the coaches back then but leading a small program in the new SWBL wont be for the faint of heart
Carlisle would be lucky to get brown back he was a great coach. Who ever takes over better have thick skin it's going to be rough for the next 3 or 4 year's in Carlisle

97 VV won the state title because of an Arrow is laughable. Tanner left because he seen his brothers teams before him didn’t want to get beat 74-0.