2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Garbage. Wait to pull the flags till the last drive.
Defensive holding was questionable. PI was legit. You have to turn your head to the ball or they will call it every time. Especially when you run up under the guy. Monroe D played well. Gotta be able to put up more than 7 points.

Defensive holding was questionable. PI was legit. You have to turn your head to the ball or they will call it every time. Especially when you run up under the guy. Monroe D played well. Gotta be able to put up more than 7 points.
Didn’t turn his head yes. Did he touch him though? Outside of drive 1 Monroe outplayed Bellbrook, just didn’t capitalize on opportunities. Bellbrook has the look of a team that will get bounced in the second round. Maybe the hornets get that opportunity. Impressed how much better Monroe is compared to weeks 3 & 4.

Didn’t turn his head yes. Did he touch him though? Outside of drive 1 Monroe outplayed Bellbrook, just didn’t capitalize on opportunities. Bellbrook has the look of a team that will get bounced in the second round. Maybe the hornets get that opportunity. Impressed how much better Monroe is compared to weeks 3 & 4.
Monroe have improved drastically on defense. They've only given up 17 points in their last 3 games. After the Carlisle game, I was worried about the direction the team was headed but I've been pleasantly surprised by what they've done the last weeks.

We had back to back regional final teams , I don’t think this team is of that caliber but for them to put together this season with losing so many great players to the previous 2 classes is nothing short of amazing . A down year in the brook indeed but a good one , congrats champs 3 peat

I’ll take valley view by 10 next week at home

I just think this is a special Valley View team. They have had 3 coaches in 3 years and are still this good. Impressive. Bellbrook has never been a doormat in football, since my youth when they entered the SWBL and beat Milton that first year, until now they’ve been a great program. I think this will be a war but, Valley View doesn’t lose at home that much.
Valley View 28-14. Best of luck to both schools.

I was surprised waynesville got beat by Franklin, haven’t seen them but have watched Franklin a couple times and they looked horrible, however bigger school with numbers leaning on a smaller school all night sometimes is the difference.

football seasons are funny , some teams peak early and fizzle out and some teams progressively get better as the year goes and peak at the right time . Waynesville played several schools bigger then them, they had a rough go at it , I think as the weeks went on it wore on them for sure

I just think this is a special Valley View team. They have had 3 coaches in 3 years and are still this good. Impressive. Bellbrook has never been a doormat in football, since my youth when they entered the SWBL and beat Milton that first year, until now they’ve been a great program. I think this will be a war but, Valley View doesn’t lose at home that much.
Valley View 28-14. Best of luck to both schools.
This will be a knock down drag out and I would name it the Classy versus Nasty. VV, nasty, is going to spread you, run you, throw you and beat on you while BB, classy (check out the diamond rings on those hands), is well, going to run you and limit your offensive production. WingT versus Spread. Ultimately, I like Henson and Clark (he gets better with more carries) both will be the difference. However, if BB can control the clock , keep VV offense off the field, they can win this 21-17, they must limit VV possessions. If BB fails in this, IMO, this could turn into a beat down with VV winning 35-14. I think VV wins in a good hard fought game.
Best of luck to both teams and represent your conference well in the playoffs...both have earned it.

I was surprised waynesville got beat by Franklin, haven’t seen them but have watched Franklin a couple times and they looked horrible, however bigger school with numbers leaning on a smaller school all night sometimes is the difference.
Franklin has battled several injuries and have several Freshman and sophs playing all year. They looked much better Friday and may give Brookville a game this week on Senior night at Franklin.

The Tribe has spoken. The Indians keep the River Carp Trophy for the 2nd year in a row. Will the once proud nations of Carlisle and Madison fight for their freedom or accept their fate in the bowels of the SWBL?

Franklin has battled several injuries and have several Freshman and sophs playing all year. They looked much better Friday and may give Brookville a game this week on Senior night at Franklin.
So pretty much like everybody else in the SWBL playing young kids out of necessity, but instead of having 10 kids a class and 40 on the roster Franklin has 20 kids a class and 80 on the roster.

The Tribe has spoken. The Indians keep the River Carp Trophy for the 2nd year in a row. Will the once proud nations of Carlisle and Madison fight for their freedom or accept their fate in the bowels of the SWBL?
Going to a horrible league with no competition is weak and sad, if running from the SWBL is what you’re talking about. The talent level and classes paralleled with coaching who don’t generate excitement in the program is where Carlisle and Madison is. VV, BV BellB Oak Waynesville have all been up and down and historical rivals. These Madison and Carlisle teams couldn’t compete with Madison or Carlisle teams from the 2000s through 2017 so you think the answer is drive another 45 minutes to find a bunch of bottom of barrel programs you can beat.

Gotta agree with with Spartan even if it's out of selfishness. Hate seeing all these programs running away making the issue worse. I have not desire to watch BB v Talawanda. MU leaving will sting for a long time.

Gotta agree with with Spartan even if it's out of selfishness. Hate seeing all these programs running away making the issue worse. I have not desire to watch BB v Talawanda. MU leaving will sting for a long time.
Got some bad news for you it’s coming, but I wouldn’t be worried about Talawanda, I’d be worried about Edgewood they win this league on down year’s and with what they have returning and coming up it’s going to be awhile before it’s a down year.

Going to a horrible league with no competition is weak and sad, if running from the SWBL is what you’re talking about. The talent level and classes paralleled with coaching who don’t generate excitement in the program is where Carlisle and Madison is. VV, BV BellB Oak Waynesville have all been up and down and historical rivals. These Madison and Carlisle teams couldn’t compete with Madison or Carlisle teams from the 2000s through 2017 so you think the answer is drive another 45 minutes to find a bunch of bottom of barrel programs you can beat.
It’s not Madison and Carlisle’s job to make sure Waynesville is in a good spot which they won’t be when they leave and that’s why you have a problem with it. Madison and Carlisle should do what’s best for there schools and what’s best for them is leaving this one.

It’s not Madison and Carlisle’s job to make sure Waynesville is in a good spot which they won’t be when they leave and that’s why you have a problem with it. Madison and Carlisle should do what’s best for there schools and what’s best for them is leaving this one.
BS build the program, no difference than VV stop crying, they was on the right track and was a top team for damn near 20 years. Of course you have this view prebble was never relevant in football except maybe in the late 1980s. Get a coach and a system get kids excited again like Jewell did

Let's get something corrected here. Milton didn't "run away" when they left for the TRC. We left due to the travel that we had playing the SWBL. It' wasn't that we couldn't compete, especially with this class coming up the ranks when that decision was made. Covington was a perennial playoff team, Miami East was as well along with Riverside. Prior to the 2021 season, the TRC would have competed well vs. the Buckeye Division and offered a fraction of the travel and county rivals. I didn't see MU backing down from keeping Valley View and Oakwood on the schedule. I look at VV as one of the top SWBL teams.

BS build the program, no difference than VV stop crying, they was on the right track and was a top team for damn near 20 years. Of course you have this view prebble was never relevant in football except maybe in the late 1980s. Get a coach and a system get kids excited again like Jewell did
I don’t know who Prebble is but Preble Shawnee has been doing fine in there new league had a nice run last year. MU who also left will probably win R20 this year. In other words Madison and Carlisle would be better off just like MU Northridge Shawnee are.

I don’t know who Prebble is but Preble Shawnee has been doing fine in there new league had a nice run last year. MU who also left will probably win R20 this year. In other words Madison and Carlisle would be better off just like MU Northridge Shawnee are.
No PS went to a bottom dweller league no kidding they are doing fine that’s what I’m talking about they ran because they never was relevant. Carlis was a top team for 20 years and Madison was a game away from state championship 3 years ago. Milton is a quality tough opponent nothing but respect, they play anyone. PS 10-0 team would have been 5-5 or 4-6 in the SWBL