2022 Elder Football

Since you continue to bring it up, this 45-60 minute bus ride will not disrupt anything because that type of commute is typical of any away game. This is PART of their regular routine. There is no lack of structure. Again, this is typical of any high school football team going to an away game that is local.

Now, Springboro will try to disrupt things on their end up there from a logistics prospective...... They like to make the opposing team's locker room all the way across the property in the back of the elementary school and make the teams walk what seems like forever to get to the field.

But that won't matter as every team does something similar to try to disrupt the visiting team's focus. Elder is the better team and will prevail.
It will take more than 60 minutes to get from Elder to Springboro on a Friday afternoon. There goes your excuse. You and Omar will pull out the travel bs stuff as soon as the 90 minute ride messes up routine. What a bunch of absolute hog wash. Sure glad the Players are not as wussified as you 2 goons. Elder travel to Ed’s this year? If so might as well just tell them, hey you guys won that bus ride to long for 16 yr olds.

It will take more than 60 minutes to get from Elder to Springboro on a Friday afternoon. There goes your excuse. You and Omar will pull out the travel bs stuff as soon as the 90 minute ride messes up routine. What a bunch of absolute hog wash. Sure glad the Players are not as wussified as you 2 goons. Elder travel to Ed’s this year? If so might as well just tell them, hey you guys won that bus ride to long for 16 yr olds.
What excuse???

I'm quite concerned as to the quality of education at Elder since so many graduates have zero reading comprehension ability.

Still think they need to evaluate all potential options on the OL. They did well run blocking but there were still issues in pass protection.

I could understand if they had to get off the bus after a 4-5 hour drive and hit the field. Or if they were traveling multiple time zones by plane.

They're also not really children - young men starting the peak of their athletic lives. I think all the other stuff (routine, fatigue) is overblown. I just don't believe it had anything to do with anything.

Besides the travel, St. Xavier had a devastating loss last Tuesday night. Their long-time offensive line coach, Steve Carpenter, died. Only 58 years old. An article on cincinnati.com explains it. This certainly affected the play and coaching Sunday. Prayers to St. Xavier.

They had an entire preseason to do that. St. Ed's will be the ultimate test.
And sometimes it still doesn’t workout. Don’t get me wrong, the OL is infinitely better than last season. However, they still gave up 3 sacks vs PC. PC’s DL is huge, so it might not be that big of a deal, but it’s still a concern.

Besides the travel, St. Xavier had a devastating loss last Tuesday night. Their long-time offensive line coach, Steve Carpenter, died. Only 58 years old. An article on cincinnati.com explains it. This certainly affected the play and coaching Sunday. Prayers to St. Xavier.

Come on, losing long time coaching suddenly doesn't have any effect on these young athletes. They are premier athletes in their absolute prime, they learned long ago to have zero emotion because emotion equals weakness. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, that is heartbreaking to hear and like you said, devastating for the team. Their O-line had always been extremely well coached and a huge strength each year.

Still think they need to evaluate all potential options on the OL. They did well run blocking but there were still issues in pass protection.
They're 2-0, likely to be 3-0 after tomorrow. PC was one of the better DL units Elder will see all season and the OL did a nice job against them. Not all sacks fall on the shoulders of the OL.

What other potential options are there? What or who are you referring to specifically?

They're 2-0, likely to be 3-0 after tomorrow. PC was one of the better DL units Elder will see all season and the OL did a nice job against them. Not all sacks fall on the shoulders of the OL.

What other potential options are there? What or who are you referring to specifically?
I don’t want to single a player out. And I understand not all sacks are the fault of the OL, but there were times Schoster had immediate pressure in his face right off the snap.

I don’t want to single a player out. And I understand not all sacks are the fault of the OL, but there were times Schoster had immediate pressure in his face right off the snap.
If there were better options at any position, don't you think the coaches would have made that change already or figured that out in the preseason? I know it's HS football, not nearly as cutthroat as higher levels of football, but they're still competitive and still playing/coaching to win. They best players are already playing, not sure what other options you're expecting them to explore.

If there were better options at any position, don't you think the coaches would have made that change already or figured that out in the preseason? I know it's HS football, not nearly as cutthroat as higher levels of football, but they're still competitive and still playing/coaching to win. They best players are already playing, not sure what other options you're expecting them to explore.
Maybe they’re waiting on some of the reserves to improve their technique?

Not sure if this the right thread but best of health to Coach Grippa! Saw on fox 19 that he has had some heart issues. They seem to have corrected those issues. He always been a Great Teacher,Coach and person!

If that's his first offer...oh boy, he's probably gonna end up somewhere HUGE
Let's hope so but not sure he has the size to end up at OSU, Alabama, etc.

Purdue is quite an impressive first offer. Usually it is a MAC school. Maddox is a sophomore and still VERY raw. As his experience improves so will his understanding of assignments and his ability to read the play. Great things in store for this young man.

Let's hope so but not sure he has the size to end up at OSU, Alabama, etc.

Purdue is quite an impressive first offer. Usually it is a MAC school. Maddox is a sophomore and still VERY raw. As his experience improves so will his understanding of assignments and his ability to read the play. Great things in store for this young man.
I mean, he’s listed as 6’2”, so just continuing to put on muscle will help

Very true. Although I am not sure traveling 4-5 hrs on a road trip only 4 weeks into the season to Eds is a true barometer? I think Elder will get beat, maybe by 2-3 scores.

I think a truer test will be when Elder plays the gcl teams.

I think we can all agree, 8-2 with a 2 seed in the playoffs is a very successful season relative to the expectations coming into this yr.