2022 Elder Freshman Football

It’s not just westside feeders consolidating for Football.

That is correct but X and Moeller have always drawn and targeted kids from all over SW Ohio at both public and private grade schools so those GCYL programs consolidating on the east side and north sides don’t really affect them at all.

The Feeder system sets a floor where they should never be truly awful (even the 2 win team wasn’t bad talent wise) but the heavy reliance on it also creates a ceiling that makes it incredibly difficult to maintain a high level of competitiveness.
Your main objective is better football teams, which as a fan, I understand.

There's isn't - it's opportunity, in all aspects of life, including sports, for kids vested in a Catholic foundation. Problem is, westsiders have branched out their opportunities. That used to be strictly Elder - a more mobile lifestyle has changed that dynamic.

That is correct but X and Moeller have always drawn and targeted kids from all over SW Ohio at both public and private grade schools so those GCYL programs consolidating on the east side and north sides don’t really affect them at all.
One big difference here - they've always targeted public school kids. Elder never really has.

That’s a good point. I do think Elder has benefited from Victory combining with the Price Hill schools. That’s let Elder bring in kids that might’ve otherwise slipped through the cracks. But again, 1-2 athletes per class makes a world of difference. Elder’s almost always going to find their QB, TE, Slot WR, OL, DL, LB, and even S from the Feeders. The issue is not having a true big play threat at RB, WR and lockdown Corner. Hell, they could probably get by if they just had one big play threat at WR or RB.

It is always such a helpless feeling when the Frosh team is weak because there’s nothing that can be done. There’s no transfer portal like in college, this is the hand you’re dealt and it’s that’s way until they’re done playing Varsity.

The last time they had a truly weak class was ‘15 and that season, they were supported by the Class below them with Ramsey, Kraemer, Hall,etc. I don’t believe this class is at the level of ‘15, but it’s just very worrisome.

It is always such a helpless feeling when the Frosh team is weak because there’s nothing that can be done. There’s no transfer portal like in college, this is the hand you’re dealt and it’s that’s way until they’re done playing Varsity.
Jesus man, go on a vacation or something.

i don't really care what you think, just stating facts. and the facts are that 3-4 of the better kids in the class weren't even playing.

jtk
()
No, one kid wasn’t playing. The other 2 went to different schools.

The last time they had a truly weak class was ‘15 and that season, they were supported by the Class below them with Ramsey, Kraemer, Hall,etc. I don’t believe this class is at the level of ‘15, but it’s just very worrisome.
Wait, so this class isn't as bad as that class, but then Elder went on to play for a state title soon after that? So the sky didn't fall after that bad class came through?

Wait, so this class isn't as bad as that class, but then Elder went on to play for a state title soon after that? So the sky didn't fall after that bad class came through?
What? They class of ‘20 played for a state title, the class of ‘15 got obliterated by Wayne in the 1st round of the class playoffs.

My neighbor who has a kid on the freshman team said they just aren't very talented or big. The bad thing is that the numbers are down. Like 65. You automatically cut that back at least half by the time you get to Varsity.

If you have some 1-9, 2-8 type seasons at the freshman or jv levels the numbers will be much lower as kids will focus on other sports and activities. I have talked to some "elder" families lately that are leaning towards Taylor for their boys as its closer to cleves and north bend where they are living. I know last yrs graduating class lost a handfull of visi kids to Taylor.

Your main objective is better football teams, which as a fan, I understand.

There's isn't - it's opportunity, in all aspects of life, including sports, for kids vested in a Catholic foundation. Problem is, westsiders have branched out their opportunities. That used to be strictly Elder - a more mobile lifestyle has changed that dynamic.
This is true. I have talked to families lately in North Bend/Cleves that are leaning Taylor for their sons that are "Elder" families.

My neighbor who has a kid on the freshman team said they just aren't very talented or big. The bad thing is that the numbers are down. Like 65. You automatically cut that back at least half by the time you get to Varsity.

If you have some 1-9, 2-8 type seasons at the freshman or jv levels the numbers will be much lower as kids will focus on other sports and activities. I have talked to some "elder" families lately that are leaning towards Taylor for their boys as its closer to cleves and north bend where they are living. I know last yrs graduating class lost a handfull of visi kids to Taylor.
That’s their choice, but Taylor is never going to be anything of importance.

Trey is a phag, he only bashes Elder.
No true, at all.

I'm objective. You just don't like how often I'm correct and refuse to acknowledge points you even agree with. Agree more negative than positive, but I've absolutely given kudos for some of their recent enrollment success.

Last edited:
spin it any way you want. just think if those kids were playing how bad it would have been.

jtk
()

spin it any way you want. just think if those kids were playing how bad it would have been.

jtk
()
Yeah, but they aren’t. And after how much OH has sucked over the last 20 yrs, are you really going to run your mouth?

Yeah, but they aren’t. And after how much OH has sucked over the last 20 yrs, are you really going to run your mouth?
im not running my mouth........ i'm really laughing at the meltdown taking place. i know when your mad though b/c you can't help yourself but to try to throw insults. keep them coming, the facts hurt don't they. lol

jtk
()

im not running my mouth........ i'm really laughing at the meltdown taking place. i know when your mad though b/c you can't help yourself but to try to throw insults. keep them coming, the facts hurt don't they. lol

jtk
()
I’m not disputing OH was better. This is an Elder forum, so I’m focusing on the impact it has on Elder.

And by your logic, Elder should count the westside feeder kids that went to other schools.

I’m not disputing OH was better. This is an Elder forum, so I’m focusing on the impact it has on Elder.

And by your logic, Elder should count the westside feeder kids that went to other schools.
And by your logic, Elder kids should be interested in West Hi (because you said Taft kids in the neighborhood should be interested in Elder).

You're still trying to get Rayvon and he's a senior. Who knows, maybe he changes his mind and comes to Elder this week.

Last edited:
And by your logic, Elder kids should be interested in West Hi (because you said Taft kids in the neighborhood should be interested in Elder).

You're still trying to get Rayvon and he's a senior.
No, bc those schools don’t have the same resources for football, basketball is an entirely difft story.