2022 Mahoning Valley Scrimmage Schedule

I went to see the Lowellville/LaBrae scrimmage Friday night, and "MAN" did Lowellville look good. They would have scored all night long with the offense they have(and did). A lot of speed for a public D-7 program. A see them making a "run" in the playoffs. Vinny Ballone is a hell of an athlete as a QB, and talented receivers like Burnofsky, Lucente, and Mike Ballone catching the football. Two nice RB'S which will keep the defense honest with the run and pass scheme. I was impressed how they handled LaBrae last Friday night. I see them going 9-1 at worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if they "run the table."
I just read on the r25 thread that the scrimmage was even with Labrae?

I actually see this a lot, where different people have different scores, views and so forth on scrimmages.
Some people don’t know what to look for as well as counting scores on Jv teams. Some teams substitute quicker then others as well

I went to see the Lowellville/LaBrae scrimmage Friday night, and "MAN" did Lowellville look good. They would have scored all night long with the offense they have(and did). A lot of speed for a public D-7 program. A see them making a "run" in the playoffs. Vinny Ballone is a hell of an athlete as a QB, and talented receivers like Burnofsky, Lucente, and Mike Ballone catching the football. Two nice RB'S which will keep the defense honest with the run and pass scheme. I was impressed how they handled LaBrae last Friday night. I see them going 9-1 at worse, but it wouldn't surprise me if they "run the table."
I have no dog in this fight but having watched both last year and knowing what both have back Springfield still running clocks them. Lowellville can win upwards of 9 games with that schedule but they will get drilled in the playoffs. Malvern was a very good but not great team and they beat them 34-0. Rockets might get past round 1 depending on who they draw but will get handled by the top teams in that region.

I think they were one of the first teams in the area with turf small schools at least
I think you're right, that turf has to be around 20 years old or close to it. I was on that turf about 6 years ago and it was getting in bad shape then. I hope they replace it pretty soon before someone gets hurt on it. It has drains around the whole perimeter of the field if I'm not mistaken just like YSU. YSU has blacktop under their turf with a slight crown in the middle for drainage, I wonder if Girard has the same thing.

He hasn't played in any scrimmages. His name is listed on the Campbell roster online but never came to one practice. I believe he was contemplating going over to Kennedy Catholic for basketball.

My Red Devils can't catch a break!
Campbell was best bball team in the valley last year by a mile...you guys will be okay

I think you're right, that turf has to be around 20 years old or close to it. I was on that turf about 6 years ago and it was getting in bad shape then. I hope they replace it pretty soon before someone gets hurt on it. It has drains around the whole perimeter of the field if I'm not mistaken just like YSU. YSU has blacktop under their turf with a slight crown in the middle for drainage, I wonder if Girard has the same thing.
2008 they put it in.

Actual game with the "Sticks," it wouldn't have been close. And i am talking when both teams had their first teamers in.
This is supposed to be Labrae’s worst year in a long long time. Their coach left for another school for a reason. But as long as L ville has that quarterback they will score points.

As I recall, when they put it in, the base was three sizes of gravel for drainage. A 3/4-1 inch, then smaller and fine graded with a fine agricultural slag with an underground drain pipe system to collect and expell the water. It was flat, not crowned. I was told they kept it flat because the rubber pellets migrated to the side of the field over time on a crowned field. The 8 lane track and any excess off the field drains through the metal grates along its edge.
Even in bad shape, it’s better than a grass field by the end of the season. Watched and played in too many games where the field was a swamp and a week later, it dried out with all the four inch deep footprints in the mud still remained. Nothing like playing on a rutted frozen field at seasons end.

So Girard's turf is14 years old, thank you.

What's the average life span of turf, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was around 8-10 years.
The warranty usually covers 8-10, not sure why they haven’t gotten it redone, maybe money is an issue I’m not sure

So Girard's turf is14 years old, thank you.

What's the average life span of turf, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was around 8-10 years.
Coming up with close to half a million dollars every 8-10 years isn’t easy.

I think the 8-10 years is the companies recommendation. The more frequently you change it, the more money they make. So they’re a little biased.

I think the 8-10 years is the companies recommendation. The more frequently you change it, the more money they make. So they’re a little biased.
You would think every school would know when it's time to replace their turf by the condition of it. Every school is different and so is the type of turf that was installed at that time.

You would think every school would know when it's time to replace their turf by the condition of it. Every school is different and so is the type of turf that was installed at that time.
I agree. Mooney has had their turf for awhile, haven’t they?