2022 EBC

Hopefully a win or two for the Lions confidence
Minerva Will not win a game until the current 7th graders are in High School.

Minerva is a Running school. They have probably one of the best Track/Xc coach in the state and she does amazing. If they was supported more then the Sky would be the limit for them. Minerva just needs to accept that they are not a football program school like they was in the 80s, 90s, and some bits of early 2000s. My kid is on the team, Im just being real. Wrestling, Cross and Track are Minervas best sports and they need to adopt to that way of life.

Minerva Will not win a game until the current 7th graders are in High School.

Minerva is a Running school. They have probably one of the best Track/Xc coach in the state and she does amazing. If they was supported more then the Sky would be the limit for them. Minerva just needs to accept that they are not a football program school like they was in the 80s, 90s, and some bits of early 2000s. My kid is on the team, Im just being real. Wrestling, Cross and Track are Minervas best sports and they need to adopt to that way of life.
Great take! The Minerva teams all play hard, hopefully Speakman can bring some energy and put a respectable team in the field. We have good hard working kids, just need them on the field like the other sports you mentioned. Good luck to your son!

Great take! The Minerva teams all play hard, hopefully Speakman can bring some energy and put a respectable team in the field. We have good hard working kids, just need them on the field like the other sports you mentioned. Good luck to your son!

Wouldn't want to be anywhere else or have my kids in any other district. Minerva is a great place. Kids are hard workers, and some good athletes that put up a fight. I am hoping Speakman can do something. And i hope all the Minerva Boys he hired back on staff help bring life back into the program. But doing some reading on Speakman last few years have been ruff on him with records. But I wasn't at the other schools so idk what factors played in that. I am interested to see what Qb gets the snaps this year. Dietrich or Miller. I have heard though no Kaiden Haines this fall, was told he's very upset that he didn't get anything from the league like first team, second team, etc.... Said he was focusing on wrestling.

Marlington will be a wildcard though with coach Phil Mauro back in the league.
West Branch should be favorite to win it all again
Alliance and Carrollton will be up there as well
Salem I think will struggle a little bit with missing #24
Minerva will be other reloading year. But had a alot of young players with Friday Night Lights experience already.

Wouldn't want to be anywhere else or have my kids in any other district. Minerva is a great place. Kids are hard workers, and some good athletes that put up a fight. I am hoping Speakman can do something. And i hope all the Minerva Boys he hired back on staff help bring life back into the program. But doing some reading on Speakman last few years have been ruff on him with records. But I wasn't at the other schools so idk what factors played in that. I am interested to see what Qb gets the snaps this year. Dietrich or Miller. I have heard though no Kaiden Haines this fall, was told he's very upset that he didn't get anything from the league like first team, second team, etc.... Said he was focusing on wrestling.

Minerva will be other reloading year. But had a alot of young players with Friday Night Lights experience already.
I agree with most of your takes, but I just don’t see Salem struggling. That is not to say they could not lose to Alliance, Carrollton, and West Branch. However, they could also beat all those teams. As long as they have the Johnson kid at QB they will compete with anyone. They do lose 24 but they also have some nice skill coming up. There are going to be 4 very good football teams in this league. The last 2, sorry but not so much.

I agree with most of your takes, but I just don’t see Salem struggling. That is not to say they could not lose to Alliance, Carrollton, and West Branch. However, they could also beat all those teams. As long as they have the Johnson kid at QB they will compete with anyone. They do lose 24 but they also have some nice skill coming up. There are going to be 4 very good football teams in this league. The last 2, sorry but not so much.
salem does loses a lot but love him or hate him, Johnson manages to put good teams on the field every year recently.

Kaiden Haines was the best player on the field on both sides of the ball for Minerva. In my opinion he (and maybe freshman Gropp) was the only one that deserved any kind of post season awards from Mineva's football team and he had every right to be upset. He did place at state at 215 and is a very good wrestler and the program is very good. I can see why he would just want ot wrestle but I have a feeling he will play football again. T

I think honestly you can look at this in 2 ways.

The Haves
-West Branch (Return a good amount back. Could they repeat?)
-Salem (Johnson and some starters are back)
-Carrollton (Have become the Perry of the EBC with their power run offense. tough out for anyone)
-Alliance (Return a great amount of skill, can they block and win the LOS?)

The have nots
- Marlington (Normally I would be defending them. But I honestly don’t see much from the Dukes. Mauro bounces after one or two years tops)
-Minerva (I’d like for them to win a few Non League games. Let’s see how Speakman does year one. They have kids coming in younger grades)

I got a feeling Speakman is only here for 2 years, not going to lie. I was just told his upcoming freshmen son isnt coming to Minerva by my son. So dont see him missing his sons senior year of sports

I think Salem/Carrollton/Alliance will be competitive. Not sure about the Dukes and Lions.
Minerva will still be bad, Marlington may be worse this year though. Salem has the offensive skill guys to keep up with West Branch, Alliance has the best DC in the conference and usually they find a way to keep a game close when the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, and Carrollton plays a style that is really hard to stop consistently. I think West Branch will be down this year from where they were last season but still are a top team in the conference. If I was going to project it right now I think we'll see a very tight title race with the top 4 trading wins

1a. West Branch (5-1) (Loss: Salem)
1b. Salem (5-1) (Loss: Carrollton)
1c. Carrollton (4-2) (Loss: Alliance, West Branch)
2. Alliance (4-2) (Loss: West Branch, Salem)
3. Minerva (1-5)
4. Marlington (0-6)

Now to sit back and watch none of this be even close in three months time

Minerva will still be bad, Marlington may be worse this year though. Salem has the offensive skill guys to keep up with West Branch, Alliance has the best DC in the conference and usually they find a way to keep a game close when the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, and Carrollton plays a style that is really hard to stop consistently. I think West Branch will be down this year from where they were last season but still are a top team in the conference. If I was going to project it right now I think we'll see a very tight title race with the top 4 trading wins

3. Minerva (1-5)
4. Marlington (0-6)

I feel west branch lost more all around skill then Salem I would give Salem the nod right now. What happened to marlington for years they were in the playoffs consistently

I feel west branch lost more all around skill then Salem I would give Salem the nod right now. What happened to marlington for years they were in the playoffs consistently
There's talk about the future of the district being in jeopardy, my guess is that got around the community over the past few years and those able to get their kids out of the district did. They also just have a few exceptionally bad classes coming through in a row, it all ebbs and flows but this feels a bit more like a trend than just a couple down years

They still may be a year away. Seems like Speakman is bringing a new energy and focusing on middle school levels. If he can keep those kids playing they will more competitive in the futureh.
We (Steubenville) have Minerva on our jr high schedule this year. Was honestly a bit of a head scratcher for me when I saw it but if the coach is focusing on the middle school levels it’s a smart move. One of the main reasons for Big Reds success is how they develop kids at the lower level. Good luck to the lions.

3. Minerva (1-5)
4. Marlington (0-6)

I think this is pretty good guess but there are only 6 teams in the league so hence only 5 league games. I'd still put Marlington ahead of the lions

The dukes are going through a dry cycle at the moment. They will be back in a few years. Only issue is that the school is out of money and some people wonder if they will even exist in 5-10 years. I personally think they will find a way.

Who has the toughest non-conference schedule?
Alliance
Lake, Niles McKinley, Bedford, Norwalk, and Canton Central Catholic
Carrollton
Manchester, Philo, St. Thomas Aquinas, Garaway, Kenmore-Garfield
Marlington
Coventry, Northwest, Ridgewood, Chaney, JFK
Minerva
East Liverpool, Crestwood, Beaver Local, Sandy Valley, Southeast
Salem
Crestview, Bever Local, East Liverpool, Canton Central Catholic, Padua Franciscan
West Branch
Canfield, Woodridge, Revere, Ridgewood, Howland

Who has the toughest non-conference schedule?
Alliance
Lake, Niles McKinley, Bedford, Norwalk, and Canton Central Catholic
Carrollton
Manchester, Philo, St. Thomas Aquinas, Garaway, Kenmore-Garfield
Marlington
Coventry, Northwest, Ridgewood, Chaney, JFK
Minerva
East Liverpool, Crestwood, Beaver Local, Sandy Valley, Southeast
Salem
Crestview, Bever Local, East Liverpool, Canton Central Catholic, Padua Franciscan
West Branch
Canfield, Woodridge, Revere, Ridgewood, Howland
West branch by a lot

3. Minerva (1-5)
4. Marlington (0-6)

I dont see Minerva getting a Win anytime soon alot of "rebuilding" there

Minervas problem is they dont think anyones who "doesnt know the history of the program" isnt the answer. They just cycle threw the same coaches or bring back former players.

I dont see Minerva getting a Win anytime soon alot of "rebuilding" there

Minervas problem is they dont think anyones who "doesnt know the history of the program" isnt the answer. They just cycle threw the same coaches or bring back former players.
Minerva can get crestwood, they lost a ton

Lake will be pretty good probably and Padua might be good, I figure if Salem is going to play Padua they may as well play Canfield amd it would be a shorter trip and bigger gate.
Simkon, I figured you would be the person to ask. Has Lake and Canfield ever played?

Simkon, I figured you would be the person to ask. Has Lake and Canfield ever played?
They have competed against each other in baseball, boys basketball, boys soccer, boys and girls lacross, track, cross country, and softball.
They have never played in football however, the only Federal League teams they have played are as follows Canton McKinley, Austintown-Fitch, Alliance, Boardman, Fairless, Louisville, Marlington, New Philadelphia, Canton South, Canton Timken, Wooster, and Hoover.