Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could argue #BLM #DEFUNDPOLICE had an impact on the police response. The psychological damage done to the people that serve is immeasurable. Police used to be looked up to and admired. Huge numbers of good officers retired. Police are being murdered and it's not a big deal. Liberals could care less and we all are paying the price. FJB

Terrible.
Here's more on this. IMO the on sight commander should face criminal charges for gross negligence leading to the death of children.

1655863782914.png

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Our gun laws our comically insane

In a society that is no longer moral and has zero sense of objective truth, yes gun laws don’t prevent gun violence.
But this is all the reason more to arm yourself against those who have zero moral compass.

In a society that is no longer moral and has zero sense of objective truth, yes gun laws don’t prevent gun violence.
But this is all the reason more to arm yourself against those who have zero moral compass.
Basic common sense that liberals cannot comprehend

You really are disturbed. You try to say all politicians but this little piece from Mellencamp is typical how the left only looks at one side. I agree with him Politicians don't give a f@%k. But that's R or D politician. We've allowed this BS to occur because of the "career politician" Our Republic was suppose to have people be public servants for a few years and then go back to his regular job.
Gotta love the Pro-life comment thrown in there too. You sure have a way of throwing in non-related ridiculous comments.

Why do you have guns? Surveys of gun owners show that for hunting is not the #1 reason. It's to protect themselves from other people with guns. Circular logic. A because of B... B because of A. Owning a gun has nothing to do with the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

Alexander Hamilton, writing in the Federalist Papers, called a well-regulated militia “the most natural defense of a free country.” His anti-Federalist critics agreed with the need for a citizens’ militia, writing that “a well regulated militia, composed of the Yeomanry of the country, have ever been considered as the bulwark of a free people.”

The amendment’s primary justification was to prevent the United States from needing a standing army.

Preventing the United States from starting a professional army, in fact, was the single most important goal of the Second Amendment. It is hard to recapture this fear today, but during the 18th century few boogeymen were as scary as the standing army — an army made up of professional, full-time soldiers.

By the logic of the 18th century, any society with a professional army could never be truly free. The men in charge of that army could order it to attack the citizens themselves, who, unarmed and unorganized, would be unable to fight back. This was why a well-regulated militia was necessary to the security of a free state: To be secure, a society needed to be able to defend itself; to be free, it could not exist merely at the whim of a standing army and its generals.

The authors of the Bill of Rights were not concerned with an “individual” or “personal” right to bear arms.
Before the landmark 2008 Supreme Court case District of Columbia v. Heller, courts had ruled that the right of individual citizens to bear arms existed only within the context of participation in the militia. In Heller, the Supreme Court overturned that precedent, delivering gun rights advocates their biggest legal victory.

This was not, however, a return to an “original understanding” of the Second Amendment, as Justice Antonin Scalia claimed for the majority. It’s not that the Founding Fathers were against the idea of an individual right to bear arms. It just was not an issue that concerned them.

Again, the militia was all important: The men writing the Bill of Rights wanted every citizen to be in the militia, and they wanted everyone in the militia to be armed. If someone was prohibited from participating in the militia, the leaders of the Founders’ generation would not have wanted them to have access to weapons. In fact, the 18th-century regulations that required citizens to participate in the militia also prohibited blacks and Indians from participating as arms-bearing members.

The Founding Fathers were very concerned about who should, or should not, be armed.
These restrictions on militia membership are critically important to understand. Because despite the words of the Second Amendment, 18th-century laws did infringe on Americans’ right to bear arms.

Laws rarely allowed free blacks to have weapons. It was even rarer for African Americans living in slavery to be allowed them. In slave states, militias inspected slave quarters and confiscated weapons they found. (There were also laws against selling firearms to Native Americans, although these were more ambiguous.)

These restrictions were no mere footnote to the gun politics of 18th-century America. White Americans were armed so that they could maintain control over nonwhites. Nonwhites were disarmed so that they would not pose a threat to white control of American society.
The restrictions underscore a key point about militias: They were more effective as domestic police forces than they were on the battlefield against enemy nations; and they were most effective when they were policing the African American population.
The other people with guns is the government. But thanks for pointing that the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting.

"The men in charge of that army could order it to attack the citizens themselves, who, unarmed and unorganized, would be unable to fight back."

Again thanks for making the point.

"but during the 18th century few boogeymen were as scary as the standing army"

You know what else was scary...tyranny like the one they were breaking away from.

"Nonwhites were disarmed so that they would not pose a threat to white control of American society"

Man you just love making our point for us.

"courts had ruled that the right of individual citizens to bear arms existed only within the context of participation in the militia."

So before Heller in 2008 only people who belonged to the militia could own guns? That doesn't seem historically accurate.

Last edited:
What the fu— are you talking about?
The question was how are you going to put up a fight against the US with your ARs? You dont have a chance.. I pointed out all the AK wielding goat herders that the US military could not defeat and eventually gave up.
That's what these people never understand. You don't have to beat the military straight up as in seize DC or something. Just drag it out long enough and costly enough in blood and treasure that the government no longer has the stomach for it.

Dear god you are the poster child. Afraid of Social unrest and morally depraved nation. How many times have you had to use that hand gun in the last two years to protect you and your family? Who do you think was targeting the assistant director of the health department two years ago? Again, not the purpose of the 2nd amendment. You have not put you and your family more at risk than if you did not have a hand gun. That is a statistical fact.
How many times have you used your smoke detector or fire extinguisher?

It's not misinterpreted by me. You served in the US Military in one of it's branches. You did not serve in the Ohio Militia, or any other state Militia. The US army, Navy, Marines etc... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The need for a State militia was the predicate of the "right" guarantee, so as to protect the security of the State. The very large National Defense establishment in which you served has taken over the responsibilities of the State Militias. You have the right to defend your home. You have the right to hunt and fish. I'm not saying you can't have guns. You can have fishing equipment as well. You are able to own a car. People aren't crying about the governments ability to regulate automobiles or to regulate the purchase and transfer of them and the right to license the vehicle and the driver with reasonable standards. Why is it that it is unreasonable for the State to have reasonable regulations for the ownership and use of a firearm in an effort to stop mindless homicidal carnage? Or, drive by shootings that scare you into buying a handgun that you didn't feel the need for before? So, you and I are on the same side. I chose not to have a gun. I do not rely on the police any more or less than you do. You believe as do I that it should be a requirement for anyone owning a firearm to be educated on handling, cleaning, storing and firing. You have admitted that you were scared because of a shooting and that is what prompted you to buy a hand gun. Were you required to take a safety course and show you knew how to handle, clean, store and fire it? What should happen if you don't store it correctly? I think you and I are 99% on the same page. You think you need a gun and I don't think I need one. That's not that big of a deal.
Laws don't stop mindless homicidal carnage, they punish the perpetrator afterwards. Murderers don't care about laws. How many guns did McVeigh need? Or the Boston Marathon bombers? Or 9/11 hijackers?

People get murdered every day by means other than gun. The best remedy is culturally but your side doesn't want to go there.

So, why is " well regulated Militia" in the 2A? It was there for a reason. It does not say that there cannot be gun laws. It does not say there can't be any regulations or stipulations. It's outdated and the supreme court said as much in 2008. All of a sudden you guys are OK with reasonable regulations. The problem is that there are no regulations that are reasonable to gun nut republicans. It's ok to have to spend hundreds of millions on fortifying schools and Billions on law enforcement to combat guns, but can't regulate guns in any way.
Because your side will take an inch and go for the mile.

Yeah, by a vote of 5-4. 200 years later. When State Militias are no longer a thing. Obsolete. They had also ruled years before that Abortion is also a right. Things can change. You know what was meant by the 2A. You know Militia was in there for a reason.
Militia is the people. You and me. It's not military.

But going by your logic, no one has a right to bear arms because militias "are no longer a thing".

And you wonder why there can't be compromise on this issue.

Last edited:
You really are disturbed. You try to say all politicians but this little piece from Mellencamp is typical how the left only looks at one side. I agree with him Politicians don't give a f@%k. But that's R or D politician. We've allowed this BS to occur because of the "career politician" Our Republic was suppose to have people be public servants for a few years and then go back to his regular job.
Gotta love the Pro-life comment thrown in there too. You sure have a way of throwing in non-related ridiculous comments.
Multi personality disorder. Claims to be a Troll, but often post comments of his political ideology.

The other people with guns is the government. But thanks for pointing that the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting.

"The men in charge of that army could order it to attack the citizens themselves, who, unarmed and unorganized, would be unable to fight back."

Again thanks for making the point.

"but during the 18th century few boogeymen were as scary as the standing army"

You know what else was scary...tyranny like the one they were breaking away from.

"Nonwhites were disarmed so that they would not pose a threat to white control of American society"

Man you just love making our point for us.

"courts had ruled that the right of individual citizens to bear arms existed only within the context of participation in the militia."

So before Heller in 2008 only people who belonged to the militia could own guns? That doesn't seem historically accurate.
All your points are at least a hundred years obsolete. People own guns because they are afraid of other people with guns. Not as a check on the Federal Government. There is a standing Army. A standing Army that is bigger and badder every single minute of every single day of ever single year. Do we need to keep increasing the standing army, or is it the big bad boogeyman that you need guns to go up against? Don't really see you guys crying about the military.

So, what is reasonable? The problem is that NOTHING is reasonable to republicans. You come up with reasonable regulations and I'll listen. I have no problem with that. I do not own guns. I am from a military family. No one in my family that has been in the military has guns once out of the military. One of my sons is active duty right now. He is stationed in the same place he was born. We don't hunt. No one is at risk because of me or my family. My guns can't be stolen and used against anyone else. A child can't find one in my house and accidentally shoot themselves. I won't go out and protest for or against gun reform. The second amendment does not say my idiot friends should have 21st century assault weapons. IMO.
It's unlikely you have friends with full auto weapons but if you do I'd like to go shooting with them sometime.

All your points are at least a hundred years obsolete. People own guns because they are afraid of other people with guns. Not as a check on the Federal Government. There is a standing Army. A standing Army that is bigger and badder every single minute of every single day of ever single year. Do we need to keep increasing the standing army, or is it the big bad boogeyman that you need guns to go up against? Don't really see you guys crying about the military.
It's absolutely intended as a check on tyranny...you know the thing the guys who wrote the document were escaping?

Guns protect us against criminals & maniacs with axes or knives or who are much bigger then the people they're attacking. A frail 80 year old facing a 300 pound 22 year old bent on beating him to a pulp would find a gun a fantastic leveling factor. And yes guns also protect us against those that attack us with guns.

As for your point on the regular army are you arguing that the military can step in and protect us domestically? Is that what you want you really want? Or are you arguing that our military is so big & bad that gun ownership could do nothing to any tyranny established in the US which was protected by the military? Well just ask the Taliban about that.

All your points are at least a hundred years obsolete. People own guns because they are afraid of other people with guns.
Stop coaching kids, You are a problem. Imo I carry a gun for protecting me and my loved ones. I believe in de escalation of any conflict. I am trained to use my weapons for self-defense. Look up self-defense. You despise the gun because it guarantees my future freedom.

I asked you two days ago and you still have not developed a response.

Does my wife carry became she is afraid of people with guns or because she is afraid of being sexually assaulted by a man bigger and stronger than her?

Status
Not open for further replies.