OHSAA Competitive Balance Count 2022

26881867-11A8-4EE3-9FCB-25008D3A858F.jpeg

Who said anything about St Joan of Arc ?
Except that even in your example above that is still defined as a transfer.
It’s just an example I made up. The kid isn’t really “transferring” from one school to another. Just enrolling at a new school once his time at his school ends. But the student is treated as a tier 2 student anyway based on where his parent lives. If you want to call that a transfer, fine but no where in the language is that called a transfer.
What is your definition of a transfer ?
I’d call a transfer student one who goes from 1 high school to another. I don’t really care what you want to call kids who change schools during middle school. I have better things to do and I’m not Mackinbiner lol
But again, what I view as a transfer, vs what you view as a transfer doesn’t really matter for CB purposes.

Ok, answer this question. What about the non public whose school is 7-12th grade. Does that school have to claim their junior high students in the building as their feeder school, or can they use another Jr high? And does it matter if the students are physically in the same building. For example Warren JFK has the upper campus for 9-12 and lower campus a few miles away for junior high

That will be a topic of conversation later.
-Canton McKinley————(Closed—Open Enrollment)
Last Year
872———Base Enrollment
3———CB
875———Total

This Year
907———Base Enrollment
71———CB
978———Total

This post is not meant to criticize the Canton City School District. Just for information.

Lol, last year, as FW stated, they (the trolls) went crazy with Massillon's CB #....THIS year....McKinley has a higher than (what most would call) normal cb#, and they have graph's and charts defining what a transfer is and how the CB works....lol.

Ya cant make it up.

Right I wouldn’t say Steve is a “transfer”, but is a tier 2 for athletics and will add 6 “students” to your enrollment for football division purposes
I’m not Mackinbiner
No kidding! You're not me because I'm not spreading misinformation about CB. I also haven't been posting about it for months yet still don't even know how it works.

Do your homework first.

No kidding! You're not me because I'm not spreading misinformation about CB. I also haven't been posting about it for months yet still don't even know how it works.

Do your homework first.
I’ve posted all my sources chief. I must’ve missed the part where I’ve been posting about it for months lol

I’ve posted all my sources chief. I must’ve missed the part where I’ve been posting about it for months lol
It's not hard to see your last 120 posts over 2+ months.

And who was your source for the tidbit about Tier 2 and adding 6 to a school's enrollment?

It's not hard to see your last 120 posts over 2+ months.

And who was your source for the tidbit about Tier 2 and adding 6 to a school's enrollment?
and none of those until today have been about competitive balance calculations.

Mass82 posted the image provided by the OHSAA in post #181 that discusses the amount tiers are worth per sport under the “Explanation of tiers” section.

I also said in post #176 that it might be incorrect so this isn’t the zing you think it is lol.

Lol, last year, as FW stated, they (the trolls) went crazy with Massillon's CB #....THIS year....McKinley has a higher than (what most would call) normal cb#, and they have graph's and charts defining what a transfer is and how the CB works....lol.

Ya cant make it up.
mckinley has the highest CB# in the State for a public school.

If we’d like to dive into the numbers;
McKinley has 1 CB addition per 12.77 boys, while Massillon has 1 addition per 12.48 boys.
So technically, Massillon has a slightly higher CB # when looking at it proportionally to the size of the school.
Nah that can't be right. Even then that would put McKinley on the SAME RATE as Massillon. And Massillon is a bunch of no good cheaters. McKinley couldn't be on the same level as no good cheaters. There has to be a misprint. They must really have zero like Jackson. They couldn't possibly be the same as Massillon cheaters. That would go against everything my2sense (who ironically liked your post like it's some sort of validation) stands for, and would make him a hypocrite. So.. no.. it's gotta be wrong. McKinley couldn't possible have a higher CB # that's even on rate with Massillons. Bc that would just make McKinley cheaters too, And we couldn't have that,

Nah that can't be right. Even then that would put McKinley on the SAME RATE as Massillon. And Massillon is a bunch of no good cheaters. McKinley couldn't be on the same level as no good cheaters. There has to be a misprint. They must really have zero like Jackson. They couldn't possibly be the same as Massillon cheaters. That would go against everything my2sense (who ironically liked your post like it's some sort of validation) stands for, and would make him a hypocrite. So.. no.. it's gotta be wrong. McKinley couldn't possible have a higher CB # that's even on rate with Massillons. Bc that would just make McKinley cheaters too, And we couldn't have that,
Somebody's having a rough morning. Were your Wheaties stale today?

unfortunately for you, you put your heart and soul into everything Massillon so you'll probably never hear the story about McKinley.
I have an affinity for dirt.

It's sorta like the answer famous bank robber, "Slick" Willie Sutton, had for the question of why he robbed banks. He said, "Because that's where the money is."

Ok, answer this question. What about the non public whose school is 7-12th grade. Does that school have to claim their junior high students in the building as their feeder school, or can they use another Jr high? And does it matter if the students are physically in the same building. For example Warren JFK has the upper campus for 9-12 and lower campus a few miles away for junior high
JFK houses grades 6th-12th at the Upper Campus
K-5th is at Blessed Sacrament

Nice thread until the loons showed up :rolleyes:

And by loons I mean every single person on both sides of the Massillon/McKinley/Fed issues. You people are insufferable.
In my defense.. I thought you had to say his name 3 times to summon Mack, not just once.