Texas shooting timeline

bigkat

so much information that was said on what was happening, has now (?) been proven to be false, two things that bother me at this point, was why was the door open, where the POS entered, and why was the POS in the school for a hour before the police entered...

The police treat these things as hostage situations. They should engage immediately

Employees of a government school and a government police department failed to do what they are supposed to do and now 21 people are dead.

Some people believe more government will save us.

Others know that is a lie.

Some think easier access to these types of weapons in the hands of teenagers with minimal if any background check or mental evaluation is the answer. Or chs1971 with his trusty 6 shooter. Others know that is a lie.

Some think easier access to these types of weapons in the hands of teenagers with minimal if any background check or mental evaluation is the answer. Or chs1971 with his trusty 6 shooter. Others know that is a lie.
Some think harder access to these types of weapons in the hands of American law abiding citizens is the answer. Other's know, and it's been proven that its a lie.

so much information that was said on what was happening, has now (?) been proven to be false, two things that bother me at this point, was why was the door open, where the POS entered, and why was the POS in the school for a hour before the police entered...

Someone forgot to lock it. Ever do that? It is extremely taxing to be 100% vigilant 100% of the time with 100% of every person who is potentially a mass murderer. It is an obscure elementary school in small town USA, not a prison camp in Iraq. Should we outlaw recess too? Just another small sacrifice at the altar of the 2nd amendment.

Some think harder access to these types of weapons in the hands of American law abiding citizens is the answer. Other's know, and it's been proven that its a lie.

That is part of the answer, yes. Seems to work in other countries. I am a law abiding citizen with weapons who does not mind responsibility and common sense restrictions.

Why prejudice your statement with the term "6 shooter?"

Why are facts not good enough to win your argument?

We know why.

Someone forgot to lock it. Ever do that? It is extremely taxing to be 100% vigilant 100% of the time with 100% of every person who is potentially a mass murderer. It is an obscure elementary school in small town USA, not a prison camp in Iraq. Should we outlaw recess too? Just another small sacrifice at the altar of the 2nd amendment.
usually doors are kept locked, but a person can still open from the inside, but can NOT open from the outside... not sure if I buy your excuse.....

usually doors are kept locked, but a person can still open from the inside, but can NOT open from the outside... not sure if I buy your excuse.....
this is true. Maybe open for fresh air, last few days of school, lax fun environment...human nature takes over.

My biggest question. How many could have been saved if they were able to get immediate medical attention. An hour? How many bled to death?
One shooter? They had to wait for a tactical team to show up before they felt they had him out gunned?

My biggest question. How many could have been saved if they were able to get immediate medical attention. An hour? How many bled to death?
One shooter? They had to wait for a tactical team to show up before they felt they had him out gunned?
the video i have seen , with the police holding back the crowd, were big dudes, with what looked like all the type of armor they need to go after the POS in the school.......and woud like to know what type of training they had , that told them to stand down and wait ......

this is true. Maybe open for fresh air, last few days of school, lax fun environment...human nature takes over.
i call on schools, doors are not left open at least in Ohio, to get fresh air in the schools.... maybe back in the 70's and 80's but not in todays enviroment.... there is only one point of entry to get in schools now a days...

horse-dead.gif

Why is it today's society is always trying to play the blame game but never want to hold individuals responsible for the decisions they make?

i call on schools, doors are not left open at least in Ohio, to get fresh air in the schools.... maybe back in the 70's and 80's but not in todays enviroment.... there is only one point of entry to get in schools now a days...

I drop my kids off or need to be at the school often. I have to be buzzed in. Except when someone is entering or leaving at the same time. Then I waltz in. In fact most will hold the door open. It is in people's nature to be courteous that way. Most are not built to view their fellow citizens as mass shooters. As comfortable as some of you are in that mindset, or barely leave the house unarmed. That's not for everyone, sorry.

I drop my kids off or need to be at the school often. I have to be buzzed in. Except when someone is entering or leaving at the same time. Then I waltz in. In fact most will hold the door open. It is in people's nature to be courteous that way. Most are not built to view their fellow citizens as mass shooters. As comfortable as some of you are in that mindset, or barely leave the house unarmed. That's not for everyone, sorry.
try getting in the back door at a school, when someone doesn't open the door for you...

Happens...think of all of the doors around a school. One will be unlocked. Granted..may take awhile to find one..but there will be one. Loading dock doors etc.

put yourself in their situation. Shooter inside a room..one entrance...what advantage could you or do you have? None. Walk through the door...yer dead.

Sadly, I doubt many or any could have been saved. Shooting a child with a high powered rifle? Horrendous injury.

Happens...think of all of the doors around a school. One will be unlocked. Granted..may take awhile to find one..but there will be one. Loading dock doors etc.

It does. I can tell you when my kid goes to basketball practice the door to that building (connected to school) is held wide open with a doorstop. So they can all get in. And or step in & out for fresh air. Others can believe that or not.

Why is it today's society is always trying to play the blame game but never want to hold individuals responsible for the decisions they make?
Right. Sounds like we need to hold the LEO's responsible for the awful decisions they made. I mean, it's on video. ?‍♂️

put yourself in their situation. Shooter inside a room..one entrance...what advantage could you or do you have? None. Walk through the door...yer dead.

Sadly, I doubt many or any could have been saved. Shooting a child with a high powered rifle? Horrendous injury.

Easy to say from the comfort of an armchair but a well trained officer with a vest who is the better shot bursting a door open should have the advantage imo. But when it comes to someone shooting trapped children to death, I don't necessarily think needing the advantage is a requirement.

Easy to say from the comfort of an armchair but a well trained officer with a vest who is the better shot bursting a door open should have the advantage imo. But when it comes to someone shooting trapped children to death, I don't necessarily think needing the advantage is a requiremen
No way they'd have an advantage.

Was the classroom door locked? no bursting through...