Roe v Wade will be overturned according to SCOTUS draft

"The United States has the highest maternal death rate in the developed world; Mississippi has one of the higher maternal death rates within the United States. The odds are worse for Black women, whose risk of death related to pregnancy and childbirth are nearly triple those for White women in the state."

"When asked this weekend how this track record squares with his avowed pro-life bona fides, Gov. Tate Reeves (R) acknowledged the state’s “problems” and said he was committed to devoting more “resources” to make sure that expectant and new mothers get the “help that they need from a health-care standpoint.”

That would be welcome news if it were true. But it isn’t."

"Mississippi’s legislature recently considered whether to extend Medicaid postpartum coverage from 60 days to a full year after birth, as federal law newly allows states to do. If you care about the lives of new moms (and, by extension, their kids), this is a no-brainer,,,,
Mississippi’s Republican leadership rejected the proposal. Not because the state lacks the funds (which would be partly covered by the federal government); one thing state pols did manage to get through this session was the state’s largest-ever tax cut."

"At the federal level, too, Republican politicians have been asked again and again to support programs that would reduce the likelihood of unplanned pregnancies and improve maternal and infant health. Again and again, they have refused."

Federal Republicans fought the law requiring health insurers to provide no-cost coverage of all Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptives. They likewise continue to block efforts to institute paid parental leave, universal pre-K and an expanded child tax credit that covers the poorest children.
Republicans have been given many opportunities to demonstrate their commitment to promoting the lives and well-being of the most vulnerable mothers, infants and children. They’ve made different choices.
You think cost is the reason dudes don't want to wear a rubber? ?

NY Post

As the U.S. Supreme Court appears ready to strike down Roe v. Wade, New York Democrats want taxpayers to fund abortions for out-of-state women – including illegal migrants – through a proposed state program costing tens of millions of dollars per year. “That’s the goal of this bill – to ensure that everyone can get the care that they need no matter their [immigration] status or their socio-economic conditions, insurance status, all that,” Assemblywoman Jessica González-Rojas (D-Queens), told The Post Monday about the legislation she is sponsoring with state Sen. Cordell Cleare (D-Harlem), The envisioned Reproductive Freedom and Equity Program would cover medical costs and traveling expenses as well as “childcare, lodging, lost wages and more” through nonprofits who would receive public money through the annual budget process, according to the legislative language. People living in New York, as well as out-of-state residents, would be eligible for the program.

Next thing you know, we will be told that this will also help curb inflation.
From come visit the Big Apple, the city that never sleeps to come get a free abortion...that's what they've resorted to attracting tourists with?

Funneling taxpayer money through nonprofits...what could go wrong?

The party attacking FAKE NEWS is the one against the First Amendment. Second is fine let the states decide if an AR is reasonable Arms and whether background checks are necessary etc etc. You said state rights are sooooo important.
No, the party for censorship (see big tech and the gnashing of teeth over Musk owning Twitter) is against the first amendment. And the 2nd is not in the purview of the state. It's an inherent right as a human being (you know the species you are in favor of killing.)

Seems like the Right would be for curbing births for illegal immigrants, would save them the airfare needed to deport them later.
Can't deport them, they are considered citizens when they are born on US soil.

We are in favor of keeping them out in the first place. Come legally or don't come.

Some fun stuff in the crosstabs of this poll. For instance:

On the RvW question - "The Supreme Court's nineteen seventy-three (1973) Roe versus Wade decision established a woman's constitutional right to an abortion, at least in the first three months of pregnancy." ? @ calling it a "constitutional right." No skew on the answers there lol.

Only 10% of the public rate abortion as one of their most important issues. Inflation/economy still way out front.

Uncle Joe's approval in this poll has dipped to 39%. YIkes.

Party favorability - pubs 35 dems 31

Some fun stuff in the crosstabs of this poll. For instance:

On the RvW question - "The Supreme Court's nineteen seventy-three (1973) Roe versus Wade decision established a woman's constitutional right to an abortion, at least in the first three months of pregnancy." ? @ calling it a "constitutional right." No skew on the answers there lol.

Only 10% of the public rate abortion as one of their most important issues. Inflation/economy still way out front.

Uncle Joe's approval in this poll has dipped to 39%. YIkes.

Party favorability - pubs 35 dems 31
Hopefully the GQP is dumb enough to nominate loser Trump. THe nutjobs the GQP is nominating sure aren't going to hurt. Dr. Oz (lol)

1652634866832.png

The more the Legislature push extreme (anti-science) laws and allow for ZERO exceptions for rape incest or health of the mother the more fired up the opposition will get.

1652636022254.png

The senseless loss of innocent human life from Buffalo to California. Tragic. Heart breaking. Contemptible.

Except if the life is still in Mama's belly.

So we have a shrub near our side porch. Every Spring some robins build a next. This year we found three blue eggs. I was going to destroy them since its my yard and my choice and they weren't really birds yet, but I waited. The they hatched but they still weren't viable on their own. We watch mom/dad bring them worms every day. They still don't really count as a life but we chose to leave them alone. Some would be horrified if I killed them. But I chose life.

So we have a shrub near our side porch. Every Spring some robins build a next. This year we found three blue eggs. I was going to destroy them since its my yard and my choice and they weren't really birds yet, but I waited. The they hatched but they still weren't viable on their own. We watch mom/dad bring them worms every day. They still don't really count as a life but we chose to leave them alone. Some would be horrified if I killed them. But I chose life.
If a King Cobra had a nest of eggs under your shrub would you sit back and watch them hatch and leave them alone?

PELOSI SAYS SUPREME COURT DANGEROUS TO OUR FREEDOMS!​

BREITBART:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the current Supreme Court was “dangerous” for families and freedom in America.

When asked about Roe v Wade potentially being overturned by the Supreme Court, Pelosi said, “Who would have ever suspected that a creature like Donald Trump would become president of the United States by waving a list of judges he would appoint, therefore, getting the support of the far-right — and appointing those anti-freedom justices to the court. So, this is not about long game. We played a long game. We won Roe v. Wade a long time ago. We voted to protect it over time.”

She continued, “Let’s not take our eye off the ball. The ball is this court, which is dangerous to the freedoms of our country. Beware in terms of marriage equality, beware in terms of other aspects of it, and so it is. Let’s not waste our time on that. The fact is, this is a dangerous court to families, to freedom in our country. And that is why people have to mobilize. My saying is we don’t agonize. We organize, we go out there and make sure people know that if they, actually elections have consequences.”

• Haha
Reactions: y2h