Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

Triad’s old stadium complex was a dump. I can’t find a positive thing about it. however, they’ve completely redone it within the past year or two and it looks absolutely beautiful! looking forward to visiting.

Hallinean Field (Springfield Catholic Central) has bleachers that legitimately may be a safety hazard.

Fairborn Memorial Stadium, home of the Fairborn Skyhawks, has a very unimpressive complex for how large the school is. they are currently D2, but i can name too many D5/6/7 schools with much nicer complexes. however, I will say the grounds crew typically does a nice job with the grass, and i enjoy it being in downtown Fairborn. no reason Fairborn can’t play at the high school where the soccer/track complex is. it is a beautiful complex and they have plenty of room to add more seating on both sides.

Norwood's Shea Stadium, home of the nomadic Moeller Fighting Crusaders. Not due to the physical appearance of the facility or the upkeep per se, but because this distinguished program is unable to date to secure a respectable home field. I feel for the players and coaches who have to take a wait and see attitude before learning where the team will play from one season to the next. Galbraith to UC to Lockland to Princeton to Norwood with some GCL-S games relocated to UC yet again. This program does not know the meaning of the words "home field advantage" :( Maybe someday I hope. GBM

Glad Norton High finally got a new stadium. I remember the old one. Visitor bleachers sat basically over Cleveland- Massillon Rd! They were in such deplorable condition that a few of our Crestwood band members actually fell through the rotten wood!!

Triad’s old stadium complex was a dump. I can’t find a positive thing about it. however, they’ve completely redone it within the past year or two and it looks absolutely beautiful! looking forward to visiting.

Hallinean Field (Springfield Catholic Central) has bleachers that legitimately may be a safety hazard.

Fairborn Memorial Stadium, home of the Fairborn Skyhawks, has a very unimpressive complex for how large the school is. they are currently D2, but i can name too many D5/6/7 schools with much nicer complexes. however, I will say the grounds crew typically does a nice job with the grass, and i enjoy it being in downtown Fairborn. no reason Fairborn can’t play at the high school where the soccer/track complex is. it is a beautiful complex and they have plenty of room to add more seating on both sides.
I believe Fairborn is getting a new whole new facility with the new H.S. that is now being built.

St. Charles High School (Columbus). They use a multi-purpose field with soccer, lacrosse and baseball lines on it. All bleachers are located in left field. Refs sometimes cant find yard lines. Worst field ever.

Fremont"s Don Paul is the worst. Yeah its tall blah blah blah. The visitors side you can't see over the players and the home side has the worst sight lines. You can't see the near corners of the endzone or the near side of the field out to the numbers because the seats are too high and too close to the field.

Triad and ben logan are grade a number 1 in terms of bucolic scenery rolling countryside views that stretch for miles so you get a glimpse of all the messed up hilly, zig zag roads you had to traverse to get to these locations. one advantage of going to ben logan coming from the south as a bus driver is that you can bypass bellfontaine and take a semi circular county road that runs past mad river mountain underneath route 33 through east liberty and up the hill. to the school. ben logans field has the reputation of being uneven and one end. triads field has come along way, but it looks like a motorcycle dirt track from afar and their have been complaints of carbon monoxide leaks when in the pressbox. the semi adequat stands and surrounding hill give excellent views of the field of play. if your coming north on brush lake road you pass a campground and lake that looks like its on the set of friday the 13th and you pass a nursing home with a pond with a gigantic fountain in the middle thats right around the corner. locals call this place fountain park.

Last edited:
the concrete nothingness that surrounds welcome stadium doesnt make the area conductive to heat. You can add the sketchy neighborhood that surrounds springfield catholics stadium, as you hope that your car doesnt get broken in to when you park next to the business's adjacent on route 72.

the concrete nothingness that surrounds welcome stadium doesnt make the area conductive to heat. You can add the sketchy neighborhood that surrounds springfield catholics stadium, as you hope that your car doesnt get broken in to when you park next to the business's adjacent on route 72.
i don’t have any good things to say about Hallinean field, except they have a nice looking football building, at least from the outside. never a good experience going to Hallinean.

west high school in columbus, your in a rectangular fenced in area with the hs being immediately in the north end zone with portable bleachers and a baseball diamond occupying the visitors section. and dont forget about police helicopters that shine their spotlight into the team huddles to see if wayward criminals found their way to the field from time to time.

Triad and ben logan are grade a number 1 in terms of bucolic scenery rolling countryside views that stretch for miles so you get a glimpse of all the messed up zig zag roads you have to traverse to get to these locations. one advantage of going to ben logan coming from the south as a bus driver is that you can bypass bellfontaine and take a semi circular county road that runs past mad river mountain underneath route 33 through east liberty and up the hill. to the school. ben logans field has the reputation of being uneven and one end. triads field has come along way, but it looks like a motorcycle dirt track from afar and their have been complaints of carbon monoxide leaks when in the pressbox. the semi adequat stands and surrounding hill give excellent views of the field of play.
awesome view at Triad with the countryside background. Madison Plains is similar. Paint Vallry is the best setting for a high school football game that i’ve ever been to. i love the view from the home stands at Triad.

fairborn had two high schools at one time and why they never played at the site of the former park hills high school and chose the old baker high school all those years is beyond me.

awesome view at Triad with the countryside background. Madison Plains is similar. Paint Vallry is the best setting for a high school football game that i’ve ever been to. i love the view from the home stands at Triad.
yup love the woods immediately behind triads home stands....yup great views at mphs at the corner of linson and route 38 and speaking of route 38 going north fairbanks has some great country views....miami trace, west liberty salem, northeastern, riverside, johnathan alder, graham, and miami east

yup love the woods immediately behind triads home stands....yup great views at mphs at the corner of linson and route 38 and speaking of route 38 going north fairbanks has some great country views....miami trace, west liberty salem, northeastern, riverside, johnathan alder, graham, and miami east
Miami Trace and West Liberty Salem are two other great ones! Northeastern has a nice view of I70. haven’t gotten to experience Jonathan Alder yet.

Genoas old football stadium which was located along 163 on the west side of town, you couldnt tell that there was a stadium there today. lakota has come a long way but its out in the middle of nothingness location whose detractors think that the athletic complex is just an extension of the neighboring corn field. its so flat and open here that you can literally see the school at least five miles in every direction. same could said for nearby elmwood and otsego. seneca east old football field had the tiniest portable visiting stands you ever seen and you parked in a weedy lot too. there new football complex is an improvement though. hopewell loudons field is down in a hill on a flood plain. thank god they got a new track. arcadias field and tiny visitors side might as well be in a cornfield.

plymouths old field at mary fate park had no locker rooms, and its down the hill, in the woods location made it unique with the killer mosquitos you had to dodge. norwalks whitney field has improved over the years but there are still light poles in front of the bleachers and its unique setting amongst the industrial ghetto it sits next too.

Fremont"s Don Paul is the worst. Yeah its tall blah blah blah. The visitors side you can't see over the players and the home side has the worst sight lines. You can't see the near corners of the endzone or the near side of the field out to the numbers because the seats are too high and too close to the field.
I don't think the Don is anywhere near the worst. But you're not wrong about the horrible visitors side which desperately needs to be replaced. Nor are you wrong about the home side sight line.

But how many stadiums have a Charles Woodson statue? :cool:

I don't know if it's been fixed, but in one end zone of Monroeville's stadium you can throw chest height to a receiver and it will go over his head.

kids fail GIF

More footage of teams with no stadiums. Poor kids?

Last edited by a moderator: