Jefferson out of the NE8 starting 2023.

Interesting. Crestview? Springfield Local?
Sounds like you posters want to make the NE8 a majority small school (D5-D6) conference by maybe adding D5 Liberty, D5 Crestview, and D6 Springfield Local. If that somehow transpires, I could be wrong, but I don't see Hubbard and/or Niles staying in that conference to much longer. My vote is for D3 Howland...

Sounds like you posters want to make the NE8 a majority small school (D5-D6) conference by maybe adding D5 Liberty, D5 Crestview, and D6 Springfield Local. If that somehow transpires, I could be wrong, but I don't see Hubbard and/or Niles staying in that conference to much longer. My vote is for D3 Howland...
Don’t see any of those three applying. I’d think it’s Howland, West Branch or Salem if interested or they just sit at seven

Also, Springfield will be D7 and C-View will likely be D6

Well seeing that Hubbard has played liberty for years before the ne8 I could bet money they wouldn’t leave if a D5 school
Joined, and Hubbard most likely d4 in a few years. It’ll end up being anD4/D5 league. I don’t see Crestview or Springfield ever joining, mainly Springfield, they refuse to even play Struthers and Poland at the low levels let alone when it matters.

also in Hubbard and Niles case they have nowhere else to go

I believe that Howland is not interested. West Branch and Salem would be fine additions.
I don't see either Salem or West Branch joining the NE8, neither one has played any NE8 teams on a regular basis on their OOC schedule. Salem hasn't played one NE8 team on their OOC schedule in the last 5 years and only played them when forced to in the playoffs, whereas West Branch played I think only 2 NE8 teams in the last 5 years on their OOC schedule. I don't think either Salem or West Branch have any interest in joining the NE8 when they had very limited interest playing any NE8 teams on their OOC schedules in the last 5 years. I'm really surprised that neither one of them wanted a 2 year home/away deal with any NE8 team.

Yes they have played each other when they were in the TAC as a conference game but not since then. No interest on Hubbard's part since then.
I don’t agree with it either, but Hubbard wouldn’t leave the conference with nowhere to go and def won’t move up to play the other big schools in the area so they’re in a bad spot and will just deal with it if a smaller school joins

I don't see either Salem or West Branch joining the NE8, neither one has played any NE8 teams on a regular basis on their OOC schedule. Salem hasn't played one NE8 team on their OOC schedule in the last 5 years and only played them when forced to in the playoffs, whereas West Branch played I think only 2 NE8 teams in the last 5 years on their OOC schedule. I don't think either Salem or West Branch have any interest in joining the NE8 when they had very limited interest playing any NE8 teams on their OOC schedules in the last 5 years. I'm really surprised that neither one of them wanted a 2 year home/away deal with any NE8 team.
WB had Struthers and girard on 2 year deals within the last 5 years. One year was cancelled due to Covid

I don’t agree with it either, but Hubbard wouldn’t leave the conference with nowhere to go and def won’t move up to play the other big schools in the area so they’re in a bad spot and will just deal with it if a smaller school joins
If this happens to the NE8, might as well just remake the old TAC, the whole purpose of that break up was over the huge size difference in schools from top to bottom. Adding another small school that won't compete in most sports to the NE8 doesn't make sense at all. The only reason a small school like South Range works is because they are currently competitive in most sports.

If this happens to the NE8, might as well just remake the old TAC, the whole purpose of that break up was over the huge size difference in schools from top to bottom. Adding another small school that won't compete in most sports to the NE8 doesn't make sense at all. The only reason a small school like South Range works is because they are currently competitive in most sports.
Thing is most schools are getting smaller, especially in the Youngstown/Warren areas. Poland was almost double the size back then compared to now. One division difference is nothing

WB had Struthers and girard on 2 year deals within the last 5 years. One year was cancelled due to Covid
...what about Salem? As I've stated on a different post, they haven't played any NE8 team in the last 5 years unless they were forced to in the playoffs. Do any of you actually think they would want to join the NE8? My guess is no...

...what about Salem? As I've stated on a different post, they haven't played any NE8 team in the last 5 years unless they were forced to in the playoffs. Do any of you actually think they would want to join the NE8? My guess is no...
Ron Jon only schedules down out of league. He would never play half of those teams in NE8. Look back at his OOC schedule back to 2016. United, EL, EP, Beaver, etc.. Never schedules up, only down... or a weak equal sized like EL or Beaver.

Not true at all. They were in the same tier of the aac in 2009-2011 I believe as well.
That could actually be true, 2011 is going to be 11 years ago this coming fall.

Didn't Struthers just recently play Liberty for 4 consecutive years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018? Liberty's stadium is very small, Hubbard's band took up almost half of the visiting stands as I remember.

Ron Jon only schedules down out of league. He would never play half of those teams in NE8. Look back at his OOC schedule back to 2016. United, EL, EP, Beaver, etc.. Never schedules up, only down... or a weak equal sized like EL or Beaver.
All good points, that means no to joining the NE8.

New projections for this upcoming season are Boardman and Fitch will be D1, should know soon
Projections from where? Both Fitch and Boardman's base enrollments dropped pretty significantly from last count and neither have much in the way of CB numbers. D1 would have to expand pretty significantly for that to happen.

Didn't Struthers just recently play Liberty for 4 consecutive years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018? Liberty's stadium is very small, Hubbard's band took up almost half of the visiting stands as I remember.
Yup it was great. Beat the dog out of them

Didn't Liberty stadium be bigger? I remember going to a game probably mid 90's when my son's school Mogadore Field played there. Thought seating was pretty big on visitors side.

Travel to Salem and West Branch if both join would be a pain both ways. For them and the current members. One trip to Jefferson was bad enough. Now going to West Branch and/or Salem instead isn’t a plus. At least not for Girard and Niles or Hubbard.

Incidentally for what it is worth West Branch did schedule a home and home with Canfield who is arguably one of the best teams in D-III in recent years.
Whether Salem and/or West Branch are interested or would be good fits remains to be seen.