March 12 Final Scores

29 points for Brandon Rose of Gilmour Academy in the win over St Marys

Tusky your sentiments are echoed! The competitive balance argument is a open book again. Bifurcation is coming unless the powers that be truly distribute balance.
I was talking with an OHSAA director today after the game. He also echoed this. He said they agree but can't do nothing because the vote doesn't pass. He claimed that basically Columbus principals are what causes it not to pass. He said they don't care because in C-bus you have to go to the the Parish elementary to go to the High School so they don't care because their kids aren't jumping ship.

All in all I have a lot more respect for a Regional runner up with classy kids who all know each other then an assembled team that doesn't. To me they have a trophy case full of meaningless trophies.

Don’t see any whining here. But it sounds like he struck a nerve.
My nerves are just fine... Look, I have never denied that STVM (even more so than other private schools) has an advantage. I have always agreed that they should be playing in the D1 tournament. I have always promoted the idea that idea that strength of schedule should be a metric in determining which tournament a team should be in. If you play a D1 schedule, you should play in the D1 tournament. However, I guess I can see why OHSAA is hesitant to change its rules over one team. What amuses me, though, is the way posters from a certain area in Ohio predictably and dismissively ring the "4-county" all-star team bell. A little originality would be appreciated.

I was talking with an OHSAA director today after the game. He also echoed this. He said they agree but can't do nothing because the vote doesn't pass. He claimed that basically Columbus principals are what causes it not to pass. He said they don't care because in C-bus you have to go to the the Parish elementary to go to the High School so they don't care because their kids aren't jumping ship.

All in all I have a lot more respect for a Regional runner up with classy kids who all know each other then an assembled team that doesn't. To me they have a trophy case full of meaningless trophies.
I think it is a stretch to say or imply SVSM, or other private school teams like Ed's, Moeller etc aren't classy and don't know each other. Many of the private school players know each other too.

Also I just watched the documentary on SVSM/ Roger Bacon 2002.

From what I understand those SVSM teammates are still very close 20 years later, and Roger Bacon another team of assembled players seem to have that same lifelong bond.

If you watch the documentary you get the impression that the 2002 state championship trophy is definitely not meaningless. I also get the impression losing that final had meaning to LBJ and that 2002 SVSM squad and I bet still does.

Personally I have a lot respect for both teams. That is just me.

By the way……Not from T County. Not by any means is that a bad thing! One of the great Ohio families of hops hails from Gnadenhutten. Just sayin!