Another school shooting

bob99

It is very sad that school shootings are starting to become the norm and isn't even front page news anymore. These copycat killers are not going away. Is everything just a real life video game to them? Maybe not making a big deal out of it is the answer. Are they into it for the plublicity and notoriety? This case has a lot of layers to it.
Michigan high school shooting: Investigators reveal ...

One of my customers is father of Tate Myre. Just two weeks ago Tate's father had dinner with a mutual business friend and Tate's father said that Tate was known as the "school protector"...defending kids who were getting bullied etc.

Two weeks later and he loses his life protecting others, probably at the hand of someone he protected.

It is very sad that school shootings are starting to become the norm and isn't even front page news anymore. These copycat killers are not going away. Is everything just a real life video game to them? Maybe not making a big deal out of it is the answer. Are they into it for the plublicity and notoriety? This case has a lot of layers to it.
Michigan high school shooting: Investigators reveal ...
"The norm"? How so ? I see outliers.

Spoiled, troubled white kids with semi-engaged parents providing LOTS more material stuff than emotional guidance and stability. Parents on their chosen treadmill of life or in over their heads as the product of a similar dynamic themselves. Raising disaffected boys that feel ignored, helpless, marginalized, devalued as white males, and then more influenced by entertainment and pop culture nihilism than anything else in their lives - to the point of mental illness characterized by a feeling of despair and futility. Many kids have the symptoms, some few turn such self-loathing outwardly, assigning blame to others. I believe that happens as a perversion of the pop-psych "self-love doctrines" presented as a cheap ego booster in the godless attempts to gin up self-esteem.

Genuine self-esteem is actually a product of self-acceptance, something religion USED TO provide within 95 percent of American culture. "Stuart Smalley" ain't filling that void. Neither is some dumb-aszed pop psychology formula.

Maybe CRT-sourced SEL and some divorced families with dads driven away by mom (or just plain loser "sperm donors") will "create" more at a fast enough pace that we can call it "the norm"? Time will tell.

Anyway, that seems to be the common thread among school shooters, as I observe. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm all for the second amendment and own plenty of guns, but if you have children and you don't keep them in a safe you're a moron IMHO.
Not a moron but equally guilty of the act committed with the gun. Our laws are moronic and until they change, this will never end.

Meanwhile, gun safe manufactures are thrilled with the idea that the parents might get charged.
I'm all for the second amendment and own plenty of guns, but if you have children and you don't keep them in a safe you're a moron IMHO.
You need at least 1 gun not in a safe if you are going to use it for self defense…
The real issue is why are kids killing their classmates.
There was none of these school shooting in the 1980’s that wasn’t connected to gang or drug activity.
The Columbine trench coat goofs pretty much started it all.
But as Cab has put it.. our current society is the main issue.
Of course the authoritarians say disarm everyone. Same old same old.

You need at least 1 gun not in a safe if you are going to use it for self defense…
The real issue is why are kids killing their classmates.
There was none of these school shooting in the 1980’s that wasn’t connected to gang or drug activity.
The Columbine trench coat goofs pretty much started it all.
But as Cab has put it.. our current society is the main issue.
Of course the authoritarians say disarm everyone. Same old same old.

No you don't. My 38 S&W Bodyguard is my home defense gun and it's in a safe.

Spoiled, troubled white kids with semi-engaged parents providing LOTS more material stuff than emotional guidance and stability. Parents on their chosen treadmill of life or in over their heads as the product of a similar dynamic themselves. Raising disaffected boys that feel ignored, helpless, marginalized, devalued as white males, and then more influenced by entertainment and pop culture nihilism than anything else in their lives - to the point of mental illness characterized by a feeling of despair and futility. Maybe CRT-sourced SEL and some divorced families with dads driven away by mom (or just plain loser "sperm donors") will "create" more at a fast enough that we can call it "the norm"? Time will tell.

Anyway, that seems to be the common thread among school shooters, as I observe. ?‍♂️
Not semi engaged...MAGA engaged.

“A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f*cked in the a** and would rather be grabbed by the p*ssy.”

Oh the tragedy of it all. Ignored, helpless devalued white males who are pushed to the point of mental illness fueled despair and futility. It must be the CRT and BLM that did it. I think the Wisconsin killer is trying out a variant of this excuse, too.

“A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting f*cked in the a** and would rather be grabbed by the p*ssy.”

Oh the tragedy of it all. Ignored, helpless devalued white males who are pushed to the point of mental illness fueled despair and futility. It must be the CRT and BLM that did it. I think the Wisconsin killer is trying out a variant of this excuse, too.
??:poop:?

Spoiled, troubled white kids with semi-engaged parents providing LOTS more material stuff than emotional guidance and stability. Parents on their chosen treadmill of life or in over their heads as the product of a similar dynamic themselves. Raising disaffected boys that feel ignored, helpless, marginalized, devalued as white males, and then more influenced by entertainment and pop culture nihilism than anything else in their lives - to the point of mental illness characterized by a feeling of despair and futility. Many kids have the symptoms, some few turn such self-loathing outwardly, assigning blame to others. I believe that happens as a perversion of the pop-psych "self-love doctrines" presented as a cheap ego booster in the godless attempts to gin up self-esteem.

Genuine self-esteem is actually a product of self-acceptance, something religion USED TO provide within 95 percent of American culture. "Stuart Smalley" ain't filling that void. Neither is some dumb-aszed pop psychology formula.

Maybe CRT-sourced SEL and some divorced families with dads driven away by mom (or just plain loser "sperm donors") will "create" more at a fast enough pace that we can call it "the norm"? Time will tell.

amen. Another example of how liberalism has decimated this country.

I was awaiting this stupidity from you.

Meanwhile, gun safe manufactures are thrilled with the idea that the parents might get charged.
Welp, if one needs a "program" to understand one's kid, it's a great idea.

That stupid teacher woman, that bought a rifle and shooting lessons for her profoundly affected autistic son that shot up her school place of employment, is she in jail still ? She ever go ? She should just be thinking about a parole hearing at this point. His medical evaluations should have informed her decisions, and she just crossed her fingers and hoped in some perverse denial. I blame her. Maybe I blame this kid's dad as much as him ? What did dad know about Jr ?

Punishment is a fine deterrent for sane, even half-sane people, sometimes the punishment of others most of all. All law needs to return to that baseline. There is a place for grace, for adjustments for genuine individual short-comings of a defendant, but cause/effect when social responsibility is not met as a cause must come as the first and dominant consideration or it's all a joke.

Last edited:
It's a Barska Large Biometric safe. Looks like it was $220 when I bought it back in 2011. Wally World has them for $330 now. Money well spent IMO.
A reasonable size for a quick-access location, too. Child-proofing will return to my home someday. Gonna follow his one for a deal. Thanks

After you disregard the parts of your post that you realize are just trolling, I hope you realize that I meant "semi-engaged in the job of parenting". I can't always tell when you're faking stupid for fun.

A reasonable size for a quick-access location, too. Child-proofing will return to my home someday. Gonna follow his one for a deal. Thanks

No problem. If you have more than a handful of guns I recommend buying hangers. I keep my 38 on the top shelf so I know exactly where it is and the rest hang from the other two. You'd be surprised how many that safe holds if you go that route.