DIV Region 16 Clinton-Massie vs Wyoming

ChemH20

Seems like the new norm with this playoff rivalry starting to heat up. I love the falcons this year with all of their experience they have on both sides of the ball. Should be a good one Friday night @ Little Miami High School.

Both teams are extremely sound overall, and more times that not, the region runs through one of these two. Wyoming has a very solid defense. They're league as a whole was probably improved with Mariemont and Reading being up, but having rival Indian Hill be down hurts. Clinton Massie on the other hand has played a really strong schedule. I'm expecting this one to be a close game throughout and probably played in the 20's. I believe Clinton Massie will win this game. I'll go with:

Clinton Massie 28
Wyoming 21

Two very talented teams. I think Massie wins this one easily. I'm not sold on wyoming this year like past years.
Still a very talented program.
Clinton Massie 42
Wyoming 21
Very surprised if Massie puts 42 on that Wyoming Defense. Not a lot of talk about this game, don't think your going to get much trash talking from programs like the 2 of them. Everyone is keeping it real. Wyoming knocked Massie out last year at home, This year playing at Little Miami HS. nice place, easy parking, nice turf ,big stands. Massie will need to find a way to slow down CJ Hester. Massie will need to show something different than last year, Coach Hancock will load the box and make this about O lines vs D lines. Hester broke free for 2 or 3 big runs. Going to be a good one.

This is from Tristatefootball.com
Best Bets Week 13

It was only a matter of time before these teams took the field in the battle of Division IV powers. Wyoming continues to prove they are the cream of the crop from their competition. They come into this game undefeated, and have only played two close games in their 12 wins.

The defense has been a real strength for the Cowboys as they have allowed single digits in nine of their contests this season which includes six consecutive games and they have pitched four shutouts.

The offense runs through superstar back C.J. Hester and Quaid Hauer, both of which play both sides of the ball. Hauer is the signal caller and has been excellent, but more importantly efficient. He is coming off a playoff win where he completed 15-of-16 passes for 227 yards and two total touchdowns. He also had 10 total tackles at linebacker. Hester continues to shine which surprises nobody at this point. He is averaging over 200 yards per game on the ground and has tallied an eye-popping 35 rushing touchdowns and four receiving touchdowns.

Clinton-Massie has been on fire as well, winning 10 in a row and scoring points in bunches. They’ve been led by running back Carson Vanhoose, who averages 135 rushing yards per game and 24 total touchdowns. He is coming off his best game of the season, where he ran for 200 yards for the first time this season on 17 carries. They also got a huge game from senior Colton Trampler, who ran for 166 yards on 24 carries. It’s obvious that the running game and line play will be the key in this game. Clinton Massie doesn’t throw the ball at all, as they have a discrepancy of averaging 356 rushing yards per game and only 50 passing yards per game.

The Cowboys average 257 rushing yards per game and 110 passing yards per game. This could ultimately come back to bite the Falcons. When these teams played last year the Cowboys won 28-9. Both teams ran the ball effectively, but Wyoming outgained Clinton Massie 97-39 through the air.

Wyoming has a better defense and a more versatile offense. The Falcons won’t go down easy and their defense is good enough to keep them in the game, but until we see otherwise, the Cowboys are the favorite.

I see things differently. Massie is more physical than Wyoming is. Massie has played much tougher schools in ooc games that has prepared them.
I Massie winning by 21.

I see things differently. Massie is more physical than Wyoming is. Massie has played much tougher schools in ooc games that has prepared them.
I Massie winning by 21.
How do you make a judgement on “more physical” before they play each other?

Wyoming D is pretty good. But Massie is going to be their biggest test by far

Massie hung with a 9 win Anderson team week 1 only lost by 1 score and beat DeSales week 3 by 2 scores.

If Massie Keys in on Hester (60% of their offensive production) it could be A LONG night for wyoming

Both Massie and Wyoming have a like opponent (Harrison)
Wyoming won 26-21
Massie won 42-10

Ill say
massie 31
Wyoming 24

I Massie winning by 21.
they both played Harrison (both beat harrison)

Massie had Fenwick and DeSales. Fenwick is always up and down DEF down this year DeSales was legit and MAssie held them to 7 pts

Wyoming has played taft (D5 R20 #1 seed) the last few years and beat them pretty easily this year (and taft is 9-2 no slouch)
No idea why Wyoming plays/played Norwood.

How do you make a judgement on “more physical” before they play each other?
While Massie may be the favorite, there is simply no way they will beat Wyoming by 3 touchdowns. Their defense is too good for that. Keying on Hester is a good strategy. But he has seen 8 in the box all year designed specifically to stop him, and no one has! With the diverse nature of Wyomings offense, and a solid defense, I'll take Wyoming by 12 to win. IMHO.

I love that my opinion holds so much weight. Everyone that posts on here has as much idea of what's going to happen as the other guy.
If Wyoming wins by 21, then guess what? I'm wrong and the world goes on. None of our opinions will have any bearing on a single down of this game.
I think Massie is more physical based on their almost 99% run game and their history of punching other teams in the throat at the right time. I've seen both play and Massie is much more physical, at least vs DeSales, than Wyoming was vs a Taft team that seemed a little disorganized at times.
It's one opinion that Cincinnati-area fans don't agree with, so, look out.

I hope the refs stay out of deciding this game. I imagine there’s going to be a lot going on in the trenches. I think Massie struggles with comeback ability, so Wyoming will need a slasher first quarter. I got Wyoming 31-28.

How has Massie done at the lower levels this year? They certainly will play anyone - gotta respect that!
From memory. JV was 8-1. Only lost was to DeSales. Wins were (Anderson,Western Brown, Harrison, Lasalle, Eaton)playoff teams. And all wins in league. I would like to think, we have a bright future

I gotta question that LOL.

60% of Wyoming's offensive out put has come from one person. I wouldn't call that a "diverse" offense.
I would agree with that assessment, if it were earlier in the season. However, Their quarterback had 227 yd and 2 touchdown passing in the last game. And he has been trending that way for the last 5 games. But I do see your point. Either way, still way more diverse than Clinton Masaie.

So I just went through and looked closer at the match up (i know it was way back when) to week 1 for MAssie vs Anderson.

Anderson Avg'ed 40 pts per game MAssie held them to just 29 (Anderson still won though)

Anderson only managed 359 yards of total offense that game. the other 2 lower offense out puts for Anderson on the season were Turpin and LaSalle.

after digging a little bit IMO Massie is more of a favorite than I thought.....Im rooting for the cowboys here but I think it could end up being more lopsided than people think.

Reactions: 4GX
Massie's OOC schedule was very impressive and their game against Anderson showed a lot about their team even in a loss. I don't doubt that Wyoming will bring a stout defense tonight. They've been led by an outstanding defense the past few seasons. They've also been on this stage multiple times. I'm really excited about this game. Two great teams capable of making the state championship if they can survive tonight. R16 always produces quality teams and games in DIV, this season is no exception.

Massie's OOC schedule was very impressive and their game against Anderson showed a lot about their team even in a loss. I don't doubt that Wyoming will bring a stout defense tonight. They've been led by an outstanding defense the past few seasons. They've also been on this stage multiple times. I'm really excited about this game. Two great teams capable of making the state championship if they can survive tonight. R16 always produces quality teams and games in DIV, this season is no exception.
Very good assessment. I totally agree.

IMO Massie beats Anderson 7 out of 10 times. When Massie played Anderson Massie was coming off a week or more of covid practice shutdowns right in the important part of two-a-days...., missed important scrimmage games,.....and only had a few short days to prepare as a team for Anderson and to get conditioning back.

The game was played if Africa hot conditions on a Saturday morning due to storm delay preventing game being played Friday night. ResuIted in two long bus rides for Massie players in less than 12 hours....... It was pretty clear during the game that Anderson was more acclimated and in better condition to handle the heat/humidity than Massie. Several Massie players cramping and gassed due to very little time practicing in the heat/humidity leading up to the game.

Also Had 2-3 phantom holding calls on long TD's runs for Massie that negated scores and led to big momentum swings in favor of Anderson.

The water cooler talk from many Massie faithful a few weeks after that game was that we felt pretty confident that if we played Anderson again we would beat them.

Strap them saddle bags on tight and dig in those stirrups Cowboy Fans. The Massie Train is headed down the tracks to Little Miami with a full head of steam.

Massie - 31
Wyoming - 21

I can see 1 if not 2 interceptions by Massie Defense.

IMO Massie beats Anderson 7 out of 10 times. When Massie played Anderson Massie was coming off a week or more of covid practice shutdowns right in the important part of two-a-days...., missed important scrimmage games,.....and only had a few short days to prepare as a team for Anderson and to get conditioning back.

The game was played if Africa hot conditions on a Saturday morning due to storm delay preventing game being played Friday night. ResuIted in two long bus rides for Massie players in less than 12 hours....... It was pretty clear during the game that Anderson was more acclimated and in better condition to handle the heat/humidity than Massie. Several Massie players cramping and gassed due to very little time practicing in the heat/humidity leading up to the game.

Also Had 2-3 phantom holding calls on long TD's runs for Massie that negated scores and led to big momentum swings in favor of Anderson.

The water cooler talk from many Massie faithful a few weeks after that game was that we felt pretty confident that if we played Anderson again we would beat them.

Strap them saddle bags on tight and dig in those stirrups Cowboy Fans. The Massie Train is headed down the tracks to Little Miami with a full head of steam.

Massie - 31
Wyoming - 21

I can see 1 if not 2 interceptions by Massie Defense.
IMO this is Wyoming's game to lose. Won the last 3 regional championships. Wyoming has a lot of experience and knows how to get it done in big games. Should be a good fight and I am expecting a great game.