#5 Walsh Jesuit @ #1 Cleveland Benedictine

But this is where that run ends. Nordonia has a chance if they can pass as I like their WRs but I just don't see their OL being able to contain an aggressive pass rush from Hoban. Those screen passes they love will work every once in a while but Hoban's LBs are too athletic to get beat by those multiple times. It also looks like the weather will stink which may effect the Nordonia passing game. When Hoban has the ball Nordonia will just get pounded to death, maybe they can be in it for the 1st half but will probably get warn down.

The bottom line is Hoban is built this year for November football and will be a tough out as we get deeper into the month.

Nordonia will get Sperlinged.

Just thought of this...

Maybe the Jesuits can call up John Carroll and see if they can move the game there. Closer for Benedictine but it's not like Walsh doesn't draw from that part of Cuyahoga County, especially with Gesu just on the other side of the JCU campus. But then again the college Jesuits aren't too worried about taking care of their secondary school brothers, they are more worried about keeping up on the woke side of education.

As a JCU grad, I take offense to this! LOL

As I recall, sites apply to host in advance of the playoffs and OHSAA only looks as those sites that have applied. They used to publish that list. I saw them go off the list occasionally back in the day when they expected a huge crowd but it was pretty rare. I suspect that some fine facilities have decided that the headache of rounding up the volunteers, etc. isn't worth the financial gain.
This.

Bedford seemed to not want to deal with the head aches of Benedictine regular season games anymore so they made the price high enough that all Benny could say is no. I am guessing it is the same with the playoffs because it really is the perfect location for regional games in Div II on down. I am guessing Solon is thinking along the same lines. My guess is in the near future games up to the Regional finals will be held at the home fields of higher seeds which may not be a bad thing. This will could give incentive to teams to schedule more difficult games so they can secure the home field advantage.

This.

Bedford seemed to not want to deal with the head aches of Benedictine regular season games anymore so they made the price high enough that all Benny could say is no. I am guessing it is the same with the playoffs because it really is the perfect location for regional games in Div II on down. I am guessing Solon is thinking along the same lines. My guess is in the near future games up to the Regional finals will be held at the home fields of higher seeds which may not be a bad thing. This will could give incentive to teams to schedule more difficult games so they can secure the home field advantage.
Just like businesses, I cant imagine there are too many folks lining up at the door to volunteer / get paid very little to operate a football game for 2 schools they generally would not care about. The state asks schools prior to the season. Could be a staffing issue

This.

Wrong again Auggie. We gave NO head aches during games and paid them quickly and on time. You try to give out info that has no credence.

Wrong again Auggie. We gave NO head aches during games and paid them quickly and on time. You try to give out info that has no credence.
Chill out already, you jump to conclusions and get all worked up if anything isn't 100% the Company line. The head aches are not from the Benedictine side but the Bedford District, they could not get the staffing on their end and had to pay OT union wages to get the employees to show up and turn on the lights. Trying to make it work out just wasn't worth the effort getting the staff together so therefore they priced themselves so they could be out of the market, it appears they may be doing the same thing with the OHSAA or just do not want the aggravation of dealing with playoff games. Maybe I was not quite as succinct as I should have been but my info does have credence as it came from a parent volunteer at Bedford who misses the Benny $s from concessions.

Was going to ask....what headaches?

The main headache is rounding up volunteers to work the gate, parking and concessions. You also likely have to get police for security and work with people and programs you have no experience with or knowledge of, some of which warrant the security. All the while you have to try to keep OHSAA happy. Also, sometimes your school may have a team of its own that's competing the same weekend so parents and volunteers end up having to devote two days to the effort rather than just one. That all has to be weighed against the financial gain and many schools decide it isn't worth the bother.

The main headache is rounding up volunteers to work the gate, parking and concessions. You also likely have to get police for security and work with people and programs you have no experience with or knowledge of, some of which warrant the security. All the while you have to try to keep OHSAA happy. Also, sometimes your school may have a team of its own that's competing the same weekend so parents and volunteers end up having to devote two days to the effort rather than just one. That all has to be weighed against the financial gain and many schools decide it isn't worth the bother.
At least for Benedictine regular season, the only volunteers Bedford/Euclid every provided are the concession stand workers. Benedictine has always been in charge of getting people to work the gate, do parking, and getting police.
Might be different at Lakewood/Byers/wherever the nomad Vikings plays and playoff games but those responsibilities have always been on the home team in our experiences.

At least for Benedictine regular season, the only volunteers Bedford/Euclid every provided are the concession stand workers. Benedictine has always been in charge of getting people to work the gate, do parking, and getting police.
Might be different at Lakewood/Byers/wherever the nomad Vikings plays and playoff games but those responsibilities have always been on the home team in our experiences.
I think you provide it all for a neutral site playoff game as there's no established home team to run "your" facilities.

All this location talk has me channeling my inner Mike Francesa: "Who Cayuuuuhs"

I mean that with all due respect, of course. The location is the location. It is what it is.

All this location talk has me channeling my inner Mike Francesa: "Who Cayuuuuhs"

I mean that with all due respect, of course. The location is the location. It is what it is.
Players and families could care less about location, now alumni and friends may be less inclined to truck across the river to the garden spot that is Lorain County...

They should also try to keep their coaches off the field during play too. I am fairly certain the below coach got a bench warning during the playoff game LY which contributed to the infamous ball boy penalty. He actually made it out to the numbers a couple times week 1 when Benny was signaling in the play before that water boy was finally able to pull him back to closer to the sideline.

View attachment 23258
A ball boy got a penalty in that game? I must have missed that

Just thought of this...

Maybe the Jesuits can call up John Carroll and see if they can move the game there. Closer for Benedictine but it's not like Walsh doesn't draw from that part of Cuyahoga County, especially with Gesu just on the other side of the JCU campus. But then again the college Jesuits aren't too worried about taking care of their secondary school brothers, they are more worried about keeping up on the woke side of education.
Has Benedictine ever considered playing at JCU? I think it would be awesome for the fan base

Chill out already, you jump to conclusions and get all worked up if anything isn't 100% the Company line. The head aches are not from the Benedictine side but the Bedford District, they could not get the staffing on their end and had to pay OT union wages to get the employees to show up and turn on the lights. Trying to make it work out just wasn't worth the effort getting the staff together so therefore they priced themselves so they could be out of the market, it appears they may be doing the same thing with the OHSAA or just do not want the aggravation of dealing with playoff games. Maybe I was not quite as succinct as I should have been but my info does have credence as it came from a parent volunteer at Bedford who misses the Benny $s from concessions.
How in the world do you know this for sure? Are you on the Bedford Board of Directors?

Has Benedictine ever considered playing at JCU? I think it would be awesome for the fan base
To make travel easier for D-3 college athletics, when the football team travels, so does the men's soccer team. Whereas i think the Women's soccer team & Field Hockey team plays at the away schools home field the same wee4kend, not leaving room to schedule anything else. This saves on fuel & transportation vehicles. That said. The field is in use Friday & Saturday at both schools. Even if the football field wasn't in use, the school still needs parking for the other events fans & family. To schedule around all of these events makes it near impossible to schedule an entire Benedictine football season . To play one game at JCU might be doable, but it would be a real chore.