#5 Walsh Jesuit @ #1 Cleveland Benedictine

Well, at least it isn't Ravenna. Old Walsh fans have nightmares from that place, namely an ugly upset by Cortland Lakeview in 2007.
Maybe, but m uch easier in and out and good food places on the way ( not sure Rt 14 construction near Boro Hs is done though) that would be not good

They should seek a trade with Avon vs Olmsted Falls at Strongsville. Easy drive for Benny and an easy Turnpike trip to Strongsville for Walsh. Elyria is an easy trip for Avon and Olmsted Falls. Seriously, it makes more sense than what the OHSAA did.

They should seek a trade with Avon vs Olmsted Falls at Strongsville. Easy drive for Benny and an easy Turnpike trip to Strongsville for Walsh. Elyria is an easy trip for Avon and Olmsted Falls. Seriously, it makes more sense than what the OHSAA did.

Has the OHSAA ever switched locations? Who do we mail our complaints to?

Has the OHSAA ever switched locations? Who do we mail our complaints to?
I;ve seen them switch when there was an unexpected problem at a site but not otherwise.

Solon would have been nice. They used to publish a list of approved sites/sites that had applied but I haven't seen one in a while.

Yikes, I just mentioned Solon. Don't tell AJM.

I;ve seen them switch when there was an unexpected problem at a site but not otherwise.

Solon would have been nice. They used to publish a list of approved sites/sites that had applied but I haven't seen one in a while.

Here you go again, Aurora game twice, one was a blizzard, OMG!

Just body blows out of you today!!!

I need a 3 day rest from Yappi after all these comments ?

Here you go again, Aurora game twice, one was a blizzard, OMG!
I remember sitting with my back against the back wall of the home stands completely bundled with a golf umbrella pulled down over me as far as possible with the wet snow coming down. Aaah memories.

After speaking to a couple folks it looks like they maybe had something a little more convenient lined up that made sense and they had to back out at the last minute due to staffing. The OHSAA probably only had Ely as a back up at that point. Kind of stinks that nobody wants to host games but to have this game basically in the heart of Region 6 is a big head scratcher and I would not think the OHSAA was doing it on purpose.

Walsh to make sure the ball boys stay in line this week.
They should also try to keep their coaches off the field during play too. I am fairly certain the below coach got a bench warning during the playoff game LY which contributed to the infamous ball boy penalty. He actually made it out to the numbers a couple times week 1 when Benny was signaling in the play before that water boy was finally able to pull him back to closer to the sideline.

A Walsh Coach.JPG

They should also try to keep their coaches off the field during play too. I am fairly certain the below coach got a bench warning during the playoff game LY which contributed to the infamous ball boy penalty. He actually made it out to the numbers a couple times week 1 when Benny was signaling in the play before that water boy was finally able to pull him back to closer to the sideline.

View attachment 23258
That's what refs are for. No need to worry what Walsh is doing

That's what refs are for. No need to worry what Walsh is doing
Agree, just pointing out that the the ball boy fiasco was compounded by this kind of behavior. For how tight a ship Coach Alexander runs on the field his sideline personnel don't seem to have the same discipline.

Let's just hope the game is decided by coaching & on the field play.

These 2 teams have a long history of playing each other... This may be the biggest game between them.

Hoban is licking their chops knowing these 2 teams are going to beat each other up!

Let's just hope the game is decided by coaching & on the field play.

These 2 teams have a long history of playing each other... This may be the biggest game between them.

Hoban is licking their chops knowing these 2 teams are going to beat each other up!
Hoban has to beat Nordonia first. The one dimensional Hoban offense might catch up with them this week.

View attachment 23258
This pales in comparison to a Rotsky sideline view and foul mouth!
I'm sure if we had a cameras there was never a hudson coach anywhere near the field OMG!

Agree, just pointing out that the the ball boy fiasco was compounded by this kind of behavior. For how tight a ship Coach Alexander runs on the field his sideline personnel don't seem to have the same discipline.
Coach Alexander has a personal "hold back" coach and i've witnessed their emphasis the last couple weeks of keeping the players back on the sideline behind lines that are even further behind the line they need to be behind. I guess that is an added benefit of so many different sports fields being painted on one set of artificial turf. Hopefully there shouldn't be any issues, but who knows what goes on all the way up in Elyria, there could be different rules to the game for all i know.

Nordonia sure has looked good since the loss to Stow.
But this is where that run ends. Nordonia has a chance if they can pass as I like their WRs but I just don't see their OL being able to contain an aggressive pass rush from Hoban. Those screen passes they love will work every once in a while but Hoban's LBs are too athletic to get beat by those multiple times. It also looks like the weather will stink which may effect the Nordonia passing game. When Hoban has the ball Nordonia will just get pounded to death, maybe they can be in it for the 1st half but will probably get warn down.

The bottom line is Hoban is built this year for November football and will be a tough out as we get deeper into the month.

Just thought of this...

Maybe the Jesuits can call up John Carroll and see if they can move the game there. Closer for Benedictine but it's not like Walsh doesn't draw from that part of Cuyahoga County, especially with Gesu just on the other side of the JCU campus. But then again the college Jesuits aren't too worried about taking care of their secondary school brothers, they are more worried about keeping up on the woke side of education.

The OHSSA could mess up a 1 car funeral. Let's go down the list of possible sites closer than Elyria.
Hudson
Kent State
University of Akron
North Royalton
Brecksville
Nordonia
Bedford
Stow
Revere
John Carroll
Solon
Twinsburg
Ravenna
Streetsboro
Strongsville
Cuyahoga Falls
Woodridge on the grass
Byers Field
Let's all drive 120 miles round trip for a Region 5 Quarterfinal match up. Thanks State of Ohio! Way to look out for the fans of these 2 teams.
Heck gas is only $3.40 a gallon.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

As I recall, sites apply to host in advance of the playoffs and OHSAA only looks as those sites that have applied. They used to publish that list. I saw them go off the list occasionally back in the day when they expected a huge crowd but it was pretty rare. I suspect that some fine facilities have decided that the headache of rounding up the volunteers, etc. isn't worth the financial gain.