Is this PreK Playoffs?

BlueBomber94

Hello boys and girls. We're going to let everyone in the playoffs so that no one feels left out. Isn't that nice?

Why are there 0-10 teams in the playoffs? What's the point? Oak Hills will get rolled by Moeller and maybe even hurt and have the first 0-11 season ever. It's like adding insult to injury. Are there teams not participating in the playoffs this year? IMHO, no team with less than 5 quality wins belongs in the playoffs. It does no one any benefit to have their 0-10 or 1-9 team to play the top notch 9-1 or 10-0 team and get stomped. It serves no purpose. Can someone please explain the rationale?

BTW, where are all the CPS schools? They had winning teams better than a 2-8 Walnut Hills.

Why are people so bent out of shape over this? It’s been like catnip for the for the “back in my day” crowd.

Pay attention to Week 11 or do not. I’m pretty happy to have an added week each year now.
I'm cool with the added week, but there are better teams being left out who won more games than 0.

I'm cool with the added week, but there are better teams being left out who won more games than 0.
Oak Hills would have been out if West Hi hadn’t opted out. There are only 17 DI teams I’m the region, so there you have it. I think the dumbness here is West Hi just saying nah.

Everyone cries about this but says nothing come February when everyone makes the basketball tournament. And no, that's not different. There are a LOT of early round blowouts there too.
I don’t hate the 16 team setup, but to be fair, it IS different in that it adds one week to a season that is already longer than any other sport’s season. Lopping off half the basketball or baseball teams wouldn’t save a week.

Second year in a row that WHills opted out. It now holds the dubious honor of the longest playoff drought (2000).

Why are people so bent out of shape over this? It’s been like catnip for the for the “back in my day” crowd.

Pay attention to Week 11 or do not. I’m pretty happy to have an added week each year now.
Agrees…..time to get on with it….used to be against it but can now see the benefits or at least some…..look thru Joe’s site there are some very interesting match ups that wouldn’t have existed without the expansion….looking forward to a good tournament good luck to All teams….

I watched an 0-9 team play a #5 seed 6-3 team last Friday night, which was a total mismatch, and no one got hurt. O'fer teams play 7-10 win teams throughout the season, what is the difference? Plus I think teams can still opt out of the playoffs if they want to.

people looking for a reason to complain will always find one and this new 16 team playoff format seems to be red meat for those types.

I think it’s not terrible but I think a lot of the complaints trickle down from D1. Across the four regions in D1 there are a total of 6 teams that didn’t make playoffs. Didn’t count Reg 4 as there were only 17 teams with one opting out. So three from Reg 3, two from Reg 2 and one from Reg 1. Sort of makes the regular season somewhat pointless imo. I haven’t looked through other divisions but I feel like there are 20 or more teams in most other regions, could be wrong.

BTW, where are all the CPS schools? They had winning teams better than a 2-8 Walnut Hills.

Walnut Hills and Western Hills are the only two CPS schools that are D1. The others are in other divisions:

Withrow - #8 in D2
Hughes - #8 in D3
Shroder - #11 in D4
Taft - #1 in D5
Gamble - #9 in D6
CCPA - #5 in D7

Did not qualify: Aiken & Woodward (D3), Clark (D5), Hillcrest (D7).

I never realized until just now they have at least one team in every division.

As someone said elsewhere on this board, how many different topics that complain about this are going to be created?

With the low number of D1 schools there is no need to expand to 16 teams. Only 7 teams will not qualify. Leave D1 at 8 teams per region and let the other Divisions have 16.

Hello boys and girls. We're going to let everyone in the playoffs so that no one feels left out. Isn't that nice?

Why are there 0-10 teams in the playoffs? What's the point? Oak Hills will get rolled by Moeller and maybe even hurt and have the first 0-11 season ever. It's like adding insult to injury. Are there teams not participating in the playoffs this year? IMHO, no team with less than 5 quality wins belongs in the playoffs. It does no one any benefit to have their 0-10 or 1-9 team to play the top notch 9-1 or 10-0 team and get stomped. It serves no purpose. Can someone please explain the rationale?

Are you seriously worried about Oak Hills getting hurt against mighty Moe? Ha. Oak Hills played Lakota West and survived. Give me a flippin break.