OHSAA Suspends Multiple Massillon Players - Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Massillon had 13 transfers in the last 2 seasons. That is impressive. Are you saying Massillon is obsessed with getting transfers?
Funny coming from a Walsh Jesuit fan….
Actually 13 isn’t impressive at all considering how many have transferred out of WHS. But of course you don’t know anything about that, it doesn’t fit your agenda.

10 is impressive or should I say obsessive. ??‍♂️
Next time have a clue about what you are talking about when you reply to a post, I would hate for you to look like a dumba… ah never mind you do a great job of that already.
Next time maybe make a rational post. This thread is about ineligible transfers, so excuse me for thinking your vague post was about transfers.

Wow, a Massillon graduate calling someone dumb. It doesn't get more ironic than that.

Next time maybe make a rational post. This thread is about ineligible transfers, so excuse me for thinking your vague post was about transfers.

Wow, a Massillon graduate calling someone dumb. It doesn't get more ironic than that.
Why would you reply to something that you clearly had no idea what it was about, oh wait this is a thread about Massillon you just can’t help yourself. Not to mention you say the thread is about ineligible transfers then you bring up Massillon has had 13 transfers in the last 2 years, are those 13 ineligible ? Can you name all 13 ? Can you name all of the football players who transferred out of Massillon over the last 2 years ?
That Massillon education enabled me to get a bachelors and masters degree and you are where serving lunch in Cuyahoga Falls ? The ignorant “everyone that graduates from Massillon is dumb”…. you really thought long and hard about that one.

I love when Massillon fans complain about privates. The book of recruiting was written by St Paul Brown. The history of Massillon is built on the practice.
I don’t why you have to mention Paul Brown—The Best Football Coach, at every level of football. More jealously from one of New Berlin’s football fans.

I think you are confused. Wasn’t the book of recruiting written by NCH’s girls softball coaches?

I don’t why you have to mention Paul Brown—The Best Football Coach, at every level of football. More jealously from one of New Berlin’s football fans.

I think you are confused. Wasn’t the book of recruiting written by NCH’s girls softball coaches?
What's with your fascination with calling North Canton by its old name, New Berlin? That name was changed more than 100 years ago.
Do you want everyone to refer to Massillon as Kendal?

Definitely written by Paul Brown, he invented getting star football players daddies jobs.

How many times has Hoover softball been in trouble with OHSAA?

Where is New Berlin anyway?

What's with your fascination with calling North Canton by its old name, New Berlin? That name was changed more than 100 years ago.
Do you want everyone to refer to Massillon as Kendal?
Well thanks for clearing that up for me. I honestly had no clue what the he!! he was talking about. LOL.

Because if you open enroll in a way you described, you’d have to miss half the season for not meeting any transfer exceptions.

move into the district, that’s an exception, get to play the whole season.
Is that every season of just the first season of enrollment?

If ineligible players played in those games they would have to. They would also have to forfeit games from last year that they player in as well.
The players were ruled ineligible only beginning last week. So far. The OHSAA can put a player into an ineligible status for up to 30 days while they investigate a possible problem. It sounds like they're pretty sure something wrong has happened and, in the meantime, the players can't play while they check it out.

I do understand the tiger fans frustration. There is still not a competitive balance between parochial and public schools like the OHSAA would like everyone to believe, especially in the heavy populated areas of NEO, SWO, and Columbus. Tigers did a great job on the road against a quality Fitch team minus several key players..need to build from that and not let current distractions alter the course of the team and season

Only suggestion I would have for Massillon school officials is to make sure all incoming transfers live with a legal parent or guardian inside or outside of the district. Also if the transfers are in there first year and do not reside in the district with a parent or legal guardian make sure they do not see the field after week five

Very difficult to get away with things these days. Everyone knows everyone's business in the city. Only takes one player or parent to be upset with incoming transfers especially if they feel rules are not being followed..then the OHSSA is contacted and a investigation is launched

Transfers in public schools if not done properly can be risky and possibly set programs back..Best of luck to Massillon moving forward
Not sure what you are looking for, in the way of competitive balance-- In Columbus, the top teams (at the moment) are New Albany, Upper Arlington, Pick North, Pick Central-- not a private in sight; in NEO, the top teams are Ed and Medina (one of each); in SWO, the top teams are X and Lakota West (one of each); in NWO, the top teams are Springfield, Marysville, and (for the moment) Centerville-- not one private.

Not sure what you are looking for, in the way of competitive balance-- In Columbus, the top teams (at the moment) are New Albany, Upper Arlington, Pick North, Pick Central-- not a private in sight; in NEO, the top teams are Ed and Medina (one of each); in SWO, the top teams are X and Lakota West (one of each); in NWO, the top teams are Springfield, Marysville, and (for the moment) Centerville-- not one private.
How dare you attempt to interject facts into this p!$$!n9 contest!

You forgot to mention that all the teams you mentioned are comprised of kids that have played football together since grade school.

You forgot to mention that all the teams you mentioned are comprised of kids that have played football together since grade school.
1) That's NOT true-- X and Ed players come from more than a dozen different school districts. I'd also bet that every one of those public schools has kids who have transferred into the district in 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade, so even the publics probably don't meet that description.
2) I don't know why it matters at all-- that doesn't matter to Ohio State, when it brings together kids from 50 different High schools-- it is an irrelevant observation, along with not being true. A good football coaching staff can take a group of kids that have never played together and mold them into a winning team, regardless of their playing provenance.

Wow - where has this been reported and by whom? Do you have a link or names to report or are you just wearing a tinfoil hat and creating boogeymen?

TINFOIL ~~~

Depends on who he considers to be an arch-rival...
(Dalton? Austintown Fitch?)

There hasn't been a Canton connection to the OHSAA central office since Armstrong left (many years ago)

:>---

SALT

Reactions: y2h
1) That's NOT true-- X and Ed players come from more than a dozen different school districts. I'd also bet that every one of those public schools has kids who have transferred into the district in 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade, so even the publics probably don't meet that description.
2) I don't know why it matters at all-- that doesn't matter to Ohio State, when it brings together kids from 50 different High schools-- it is an irrelevant observation, along with not being true. A good football coaching staff can take a group of kids that have never played together and mold them into a winning team, regardless of their playing provenance.
I agree, why does any of this matter? Kids go play where they want to - I don't understand why adults, other schools, the OHSAA, Yappi posters, get so bent about it. Who cares about Hobans QB, Jacksons backfield, Massillon transfers?? Shut up, line up, and play. If you win great, if you get smoked - cry about it.

I agree, why does any of this matter? Kids go play where they want to - I don't understand why adults, other schools, the OHSAA, Yappi posters, get so bent about it. Who cares about Hobans QB, Jacksons backfield, Massillon transfers?? Shut up, line up, and play. If you win great, if you get smoked - cry about it.
Oh, we can't have that. We need to adhere to the philosophy of y2h, town vs. town.
Why in the world would you want to progress and get with the times??

TINFOIL ~~~

Depends on who he considers to be an arch-rival...
(Dalton? Austintown Fitch?)

There hasn't been a Canton connection to the OHSAA central office since Armstrong left (many years ago)

:>---

SALT
I’d also like to know who he considers the arch-rival for this purpose. The OHSAA staff had a lot of turnover and is pretty small now. The compliance department is only two people, so is he saying one of those two has it out for Massillon?

Definitely written by Paul Brown, he invented getting star football players daddies jobs.

How many times has Hoover softball been in trouble with OHSAA?

Where is New Berlin anyway?
How many transfers have occurred at NCH in girls sports throughout the years? Just answer the question?

I’d also like to know who he considers the arch-rival for this purpose. The OHSAA staff had a lot of turnover and is pretty small now. The compliance department is only two people, so is he saying one of those two has it out for Massillon?
I think its pretty clear he doesn't know what he is saying

How many transfers have occurred at NCH in girls sports throughout the years? Just answer the question?
Maxie Maxie Maxie, when will you ever learn that Massillon is the only school that gets transfers. For every other school it’s all about “he was born here”…”his mom still lives here”… “he went to school here until 3rd grade and then moved and came back in 10th”…. “Yes the current HC coached those boys at his previous school and the Dad just happened to get a job here”… and on and on.
It’s cute to read about how all of these other schools play with nobody but kids that have been together since grade school. Or so they think ??‍♂️?

Status
Not open for further replies.