ESPN Blasts Bishop Sycamore

Here's the response I received from ESPN-

Hello,

Thank you for contacting ESPN Fan Support.

I understand your concern. We value the comments and opinions of our fans. Your comments in reference to Bishop Sycamore will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

Regards,
Ralph
ESPN Customer Care

I feel much better now. LOL.

Hey, you got a reply from Ralph. Ralph. You're one lucky guy!

If I am a parent at an OHSAA sanctioned school I’d be pissed if they ran 20 year olds on the field. As the story claims. They have kids who have faked IDs for years now

How/why would IMG schedule this team? I'm guessing it's somewhat hard to schedule teams because they are so good, but Bishop Sycamore? That team/school has only been around for 2 years. Hoban beat them 38-0 last week, so it was not surprise what IMG did to them. And for ESPN to air it? Laughable.
Why not? You get to dominate on national TV to get more national recruits.

While I agree that ESPN deserves heavy criticism here, the Bishop Sycamore coaches and athletic department should be ashamed of themselves. Lying to get into a game that they have no business of being in, that could've led to injury to the kids is despicable. Especially give that they just played 2 days before. Rotten people.
Money talks…bull$hit walks

I find it hard to believe that some of the top Ohio schools would turn down a game on ESPN against a top 5 team in the nation. St. Xavier returns around 17 starters from last season's D1 state championship team.

I would like to hear from someone at St. Xavier if they were truly offered this game against IMG on ESPN.
I would really like to know this as well because X knew they were returning a lot and they've been on ESPN a whole lot under Specht, so there's plenty of familiarity there. Just last year they played Brownsburg in an exciting game. Specht also loves playing as difficult a schedule as he can and has traditionally never backed down from these matchups. X was ranked pre-season top 25 in the country. You'd think there would've been some effort to try to feature them if you're going to feature an Ohio school right? Or maybe they really just don't care at all about that angle and would've featured IMG against a wet paper bag. Definitely seems like that may have been the case considering how it ended up going down. It's also very possible that Bishop Sycamore being able to get all these other powerhouses around the country that are also regularly featured on ESPN on the schedule lended credibility to what ESPN and Paragon thought they were getting.

I find it hard to believe that some of the top Ohio schools would turn down a game on ESPN against a top 5 team in the nation. St. Xavier returns around 17 starters from last season's D1 state championship team.

I would like to hear from someone at St. Xavier if they were truly offered this game against IMG on ESPN.
Even if St. Xavier (or Elder/Moeller/Ignatius/Edward/etc.) was offered the chance to play against IMG on ESPN, what were the rest of the details? Home game for the Ohio school or one played at Tom Benson HoF Stadium? What about the financial arrangements? Also I'm sure that the coach of any legitimate team in Ohio would agree to play a game on Sunday only as a last resort.

Jersey Mike always made it out like it was up to Ohio to put up a team to play this game. Why? What does any Ohio school owe to IMG? I get that HoF Village is looking to host a game on ESPN. Their financial struggles have been well documented here. And thankfully, they have yet to take any shrapnel from this.

Still begs the question, why did this game need to take place in Ohio?

Astonishing how this is unfolding. Hilarious too every major sports media getting involved seems like everyone is going to get some $$$ out if this. ESPN air time, all the traffic to these sites posting it

804A5DA6-2742-46A5-A2E5-1610A696F4DB.jpeg

ABC6 reporter needs to call sheriff of Delaware County and ask if he has made any effort to arrest Roy Johnson on his outstanding warrant.

I don't know the answer as to why he stepped down. Honestly I don't really know what to believe and what not to believe of what comes out of there. Yeah I feel bad for the kids in this case. There are a lot of prep schools out there that are big time shady, looking to capitalize on kids dreams to play D1 college football. Unfortunately this is one of them. I will say that I do think there are some good intentions behind what they're doing in giving kids coming out of really bad situations another chance, but they're going about it all wrong, by lying to people and trying to take shortcuts. There are no shortcuts to building a legitimate prep academy. It takes a lot of time and money. IMG academy has been around for over 30 years. Starting as a golf academy, it wasn't until 2010 that they added football as one of their last sports to add. Why? Because legit football programs are expensive. I'm interested to see what if anything comes from Braxton Miller and Troy Smith's venture with the old Urbana University campus. Like I said it can be done, but it has to be done right, and there are no shortcuts.
From what I know his resignation was already internally planned prior to the IMG game. A majority of the staff for the IMG game had been with the team for less than 5 days, because the assistant that is taking over was bringing in his guys.

Apparently Roy and his staff weren't actually having practices, as has been stated in the former player interview. The new Head Coach plans on actually practicing and getting the players coached up.

Source: I talked to coaches at the IMG game in the pressbox.
I don't know the answer as to why he stepped down. Honestly I don't really know what to believe and what not to believe of what comes out of there. Yeah I feel bad for the kids in this case. There are a lot of prep schools out there that are big time shady, looking to capitalize on kids dreams to play D1 college football. Unfortunately this is one of them. I will say that I do think there are some good intentions behind what they're doing in giving kids coming out of really bad situations another chance, but they're going about it all wrong, by lying to people and trying to take shortcuts. There are no shortcuts to building a legitimate prep academy. It takes a lot of time and money. IMG academy has been around for over 30 years. Starting as a golf academy, it wasn't until 2010 that they added football as one of their last sports to add. Why? Because legit football programs are expensive. I'm interested to see what if anything comes from Braxton Miller and Troy Smith's venture with the old Urbana University campus. Like I said it can be done, but it has to be done right, and there are no shortcuts.

Attachments

• 20210829_123837.jpg
    20210829_123837.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 41