Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vike16

We got football back baby!!!!

I'm so excited to have some normal back in 2021

Lakota West should be favored coming into this season

Princeton, Colerain, and Hamilton should bang it out for #2,#3, and #4

I think Mason, Lakota East, and Fairfield could be dark horses to interrupt things

I think Middletown and Sycamore should be improved, but need to show it

Oak Hills it's a new year!!!!!

Who do you guys think are the 2 top in each position

QB

RB

WR

DL

LB

CB

Last edited:

I think Mason, Lakota East, and Fairfield could be dark horses to interrupt things

QB

RB

WR

DL

LB

CB
Do you know what Oak Hills has returning?

Oak hill will be improved I know they have been waiting for the underclasmen to step up ,West is somewhat a favorite, defense is strong , Princeton returns a lot on both sides of the ball with a few new additions o line play will come into play on this but new coaching staff , FF will be good , Scyamore will hit hard ,Hamilton/ Middeltown best athletes slinging rock on the streets

Oak hill will be improved I know they have been waiting for the underclasmen to step up ,West is somewhat a favorite, defense is strong , Princeton returns a lot on both sides of the ball with a few new additions o line play will come into play on this but new coaching staff , FF will be good , Scyamore will hit hard ,Hamilton/ Middeltown best athletes slinging rock on the streets
Wow slinging rock on streets smdh

Stay classy, 2's..... Sheesh.

BS. I can't speak for Hamilton, but Middletown no longer has a bunch of dudes walking around that should be playing football that simply are not. It's a false narrative. Middletown may have a class or two here and there that are pretty good, but they will more than likely finish towards the bottom of the league most years. They have become the equivalent of a inner city public school in a smaller urban area. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there were more dudes not playing football back in the 80's and 90's that should have been when Middletown was regularly good than there are now.

Every coach in the GMC will tell you Hamilton and Middletown best players are running the streets it’s a well known fact , slinging rock might be wrong term but best athletes still on the streets

Every coach in the GMC will tell you Hamilton and Middletown best players are running the streets it’s a well known fact , slinging rock might be wrong term but best athletes still on the streets
We all know the best athletes in the GMC somehow transfer to the GCL. ?

Just my thoughts….
1. West
2. Hamilton
3. East
4. Princeton
5. Mason
6. Colerain
7. Fairfield
8. Middletown
9. Sycamore
10. Oak Hills

Hard to predict after the COVID season. I think we can all agree on West at 1 and Oak Hills at 10. The middle will be interesting. I think East may surprise some and Princeton will have some hiccups. The rest is anyone's guess.

QB

RB

WR

DL

LB

CB
Dug in a little

QB

RB

WR

DL

LB

CB
Dug in some these are top returners in GMC.

QB- Mekhi Lynn (Pri)
QB- TJ Kathman (East)
QB- Mitch Bolden (West)

RB- K Stephens (Ham)
RB- MJ Flowers (Col)
RB- Kaleb Johnson (Ham)
RB- Cameron Goode (West
RB- Charlie Kenrich (East)

WR- Rodney Harris Jr (Pri)
WR- Will Williams (Mid)
WR- Trent Lloyd (West)
WR- Deangelo Foster (Pri)
WR- Michael Molnar (Mas)

K- Erik Rios (Ham)

Team Defenses- West, Colerain, Fairfield

My Projected Team Rankings:

West
Colerain
East
Fairfield
Mason
Princeton
Hamilton
THE REST….

1. LW
2. Princeton
3. Colerain
4. Hamilton
5. LE
6. Mason
7. Fairfield
8. Sycamore
9. Middletown
10. OakHills

1. LW
2. Princeton
3. Colerain
4. Hamilton
5. LE
6. Mason
7. Fairfield
8. Sycamore
9. Middletown
10. OakHills

This seems to be a pretty solid prediction.

West seems to be the team coming back with the most complete, proven roster, off the heels of their best season in school history. Their investment in the coaching staff seems to be paying off. The departure of Carlton Gray may cause some growing pains on defense but they have plenty of talent to cover it.

Toughest game will be week one and will be a good measuring stick.

Princeton has a lot of players coming back. New head coach may need a few weeks to get things rolling. Nonconference schedule should give them time to iron out before conference play begins.

Colerain I'm sure will want to show that last year was an aberration but they may not have the horses to reclaim their perch. Tough sledding right out of the gate with Lasalle and St. X. Have had to play a lot of guys both ways lately and that probably won't change any time soon.

Can't say much about the other teams as I don't know much.

Anyone know when the complete schedules should be posted on the GMC website?

West seems to be the team coming back with the most complete, proven roster, off the heels of their best season in school history. Their investment in the coaching staff seems to be paying off. The departure of Carlton Gray may cause some growing pains on defense but they have plenty of talent to cover it.

Princeton has a lot of players coming back. New head coach may need a few weeks to get things rolling. Nonconference schedule should give them time to iron out before conference play begins.

Colerain I'm sure will want to show that last year was an aberration but they may not have the horses to reclaim their perch. Tough sledding right out of the gate with Lasalle and St. X. Have had to play a lot of guys both ways lately and that probably won't change any time soon.

You can get every team's schedule through this forum. I also find that Arbiter Live provides schedules faster than anyone, and includes scrimmages.

I’m a Monroe alum but that’s been Middletown’s problem for the last decade they can’t win cause their best players get kicked out of school, sell drugs, get arrested for who knows what. They’ll never get anywhere if they can’t keep their best players heads on straight

I’m a Monroe alum but that’s been Middletown’s problem for the last decade they can’t win cause their best players get kicked out of school, sell drugs, get arrested for who knows what. They’ll never get anywhere if they can’t keep their best players heads on straight
Thank you

Good post, I personally don’t see Hamilton having a defense. So I can’t put them that high no way. Also Princeton is usually not a very disciplined team, even though they have some good players. East and Mason are 2 very disciplined programs and I would look for them to possibly finish above both those teams.

Good post, I personally don’t see Hamilton having a defense. So I can’t put them that high no way. Also Princeton is usually not a very disciplined team, even though they have some good players. East and Mason are 2 very disciplined programs and I would look for them to possibly finish above both those teams.

LE and Princeton basically have been very equal in conference records the past 5 or 6 years, outside of last year. I don't see LE finishing higher than Princeton this year at all. LE is definitely no push over and proves it every year

The Vikes are going to surprise a lot of people , 1-lots of returning players on both sides of the ball , 2 new head coach with a proven record 3 a few key transfers, 4 will need good o line play , the defense is loaded with returning plays and just might be as good if not better then west

w
The Vikes are going to surprise a lot of people , 1-lots of returning players on both sides of the ball , 2 new head coach with a proven record 3 a few key transfers, 4 will need good o line play , the defense is loaded with returning plays and just might be as good if not better then west
Oh come on lol….. man your in for a rude awakening.

O-line / Defense and coaching always come to back to hurt Princeton. I don't think Parker will/ can be as bad as Daniels was in-game so that is solved. Princeton for whatever reason goes with massive but unathletic O-line (outside of Paris Johnson). This usually leads to lots of QB pressure and little second level blocking. The QB can/will have to make up for this. It also kind of leads to the backyard style offense that their athletes can take advantage of.

The defense has still been unable to stop good teams from scoring but with the offensive weapons they will only need to a few stops to win.

1. LW
2. Princeton
3. Colerain
4. Hamilton
5. LE
6. Mason
7. Fairfield
8. Sycamore
9. Middletown
10. OakHills

Top 4 comes down to:

Lakota West:
Can they fill the losses on front 7 from the grinders that graduated? They still have the superstars but the strength of their defense last year was depth across the board and having no real weakness to attack.

Can Mitch Bolden lead a component offense, or at least score enough for the defense to cover? LW has never really found a good QB despite all the talent that has gone through there the past few decades and Bolden usually follows the old Coombs model of putting your best on defense first.

Princeton:
Can the offense score enough points to overcome a usually weak defense? No doubt they have the QB and weapons but will having an actual competent in-game coach lead to a more consistent and dangerous offense.

Does having a better coach overcome the discipline and turnover issues that have doomed them in the past?

Colerain:
Where's the beef? Without Corleone, the lines have been tiny and pushed around the past few seasons. Can they find someone, anyone to at least be competent in these spots. The depth upfront is what has led to the decline, just too many kids have moved outside the district.

Can a Sophomore QB really lead the offense against LW and GCL defenses? He'll get thrown to the fire early against X and Lasalle but have Weeks 3-8 to grow before the real GMC tests.

Can Jarmon be this year's Jaylen Thomas? A few years ago the Cards offensive woes were made up for by a great 2-way player who became their biggest offensive weapon. Led them to the semis and maybe would have made the State final if not for a tragic car accident. I think Jarmon will be asked to do the same this year.

Hamilton:
Is always a dark horse but is this finally the year they break through against the top of the league? They have some studs but is usually QB play and lack of mid-level talent that hurts them.

It should come down to the last 2 weeks with Colerain getting both LW and Princeton to end the season.

LW defense I think will be better `than Princeton's offense and take the conference, especially since they meet earlier in the year before Princeton has gotten more games in with their new coach's system.

Princeton:
Can the offense score enough points to overcome a usually weak defense? No doubt they have the QB and weapons but will having an actual competent in-game coach lead to a more consistent and dangerous offense.

Does having a better coach overcome the discipline and turnover issues that have doomed them in the past?
Will a competent coach lead to a better offense? .....yes?

And to their credit, though they didn't have the star power last year as they did in 2019, they were waaaay more disciplined and more enjoyable to watch in 2020. And while their defense doesn't have a superstar, they have a plethora of experienced mid-level (D2 - FCS) types.

Your observation about their O Line is correct, and that's also where they are the least experienced. My big question for Princeton is will Parker emphasize special teams play and have a dedicated kicker, punter, and long snapper? They've lost a lot of field position battles and missed out on several points due to special teams. I can't remember EVER seeing Princeton attempt a field goal beyond 35 yards.

Am I missing something here? Parker's teams at WW weren't exactly highly disciplined. They did play with an attitude and chip on their shoulder that I appreciate and many teams don't do anymore. I don't expect Princeton to be much more disciplined, and I'm not sure the Vikings can play with the same attitude that WW did.

I'm interested in seeing the game management. Will they run nothing but man coverage on defense like WW did? Will they manage the clock well? Can they scheme around obvious deficiencies like the O-line? (Spread offense doesn't work out too well with a sloppy O-line). Will they be able to stay focused..... keep your head down when the hype starts, ignore the community and families that tell you you're a superstar and coaches are not right, etc.

Lastly, will they actually be in shape? Princeton every year looks like they are dying in the 4th quarter, under many different coaches.

Shhhh……..Secret…..

Will a competent coach lead to a better offense? .....yes?

And to their credit, though they didn't have the star power last year as they did in 2019, they were waaaay more disciplined and more enjoyable to watch in 2020. And while their defense doesn't have a superstar, they have a plethora of experienced mid-level (D2 - FCS) types.

Your observation about their O Line is correct, and that's also where they are the least experienced. My big question for Princeton is will Parker emphasize special teams play and have a dedicated kicker, punter, and long snapper? They've lost a lot of field position battles and missed out on several points due to special teams. I can't remember EVER seeing Princeton attempt a field goal beyond 35 yards.
Saw them working with 2 kids last week and the second kid was good all day from 35 yard line , and your correct special team kills them