Blue Origin Bezos Launch

clarkgriswold

I just watched the Blue Origin flight. The Blue Origin mission control announcer was a real piece of work, referring to things like "the amazing astronauts." LOL. Yep, they're right up there with Neil Armstrong, Yuri Gagarin and John Glenn, not billionaires sitting in seats for an 11 minute ride.

As an old man who watched the Apollo missions, it's fun to see some new interest in space as well as the new technology like the recyclable rockets that return to earth.

1626791395157.png

Imagine being a billionaire and the only rocket design you can come up with looks like a giant penis?

Total waste of money and resources.

ya want to make a difference? Take that money and buy the amazon rainforest, plant trees, build homes, invest in cures for the many genetic conditions in this country etc.
eh.
Not our place to say where a private citizen should spend his money.

I'd just be happy if he'd invest in a high speed internet system that gave me a reasonable alternative to Spectrum. Space-X may give us that though.

Total waste of money and resources.

ya want to make a difference? Take that money and buy the amazon rainforest, plant trees, build homes, invest in cures for the many genetic conditions in this country etc.
Provided a lot of people with jobs.

They can use their income to provide other people with jobs.

People with jobs can buy houses and send their kids to college, where they can maybe learn how to cure diseases.

What a terrible person.

Provided a lot of people with jobs.

They can use their income to provide other people with jobs.

People with jobs can buy houses and send their kids to college, where they can maybe learn how to cure diseases.

What a terrible person.
Could have employed people to build houses. etc.

I would rather a guy spend money like this as opposed to how many movie and athletes spend theirs on endless mansions, cars and million dollard dental work with diamonds in their teef...

At least this provides jobs and technology uses moving forward.

I just watched the Blue Origin flight. The Blue Origin mission control announcer was a real piece of work, referring to things like "the amazing astronauts." LOL. Yep, they're right up there with Neil Armstrong, Yuri Gagarin and John Glenn, not billionaires sitting in seats for an 11 minute ride.

As an old man who watched the Apollo missions, it's fun to see some new interest in space as well as the new technology like the recyclable rockets that return to earth.
I haven't read up on what the long term goals of Blue Origin are.

I'm assuming it would be to eventually orbit the earth, then return.

But it seems to be more of a novelty act for rich people to travel into space.

SpaceX is more the Real Deal.

View attachment 18945
Imagine being a billionaire and the only rocket design you can come up with looks like a giant penis?
Flying vajayjay?

The search for means to solving deforestation started decades ago, in space. Mass communication? In space.

All technologies are linked. They filter down, across and back up financially synergistic. Some of these complaining about private reseach investment, I was waiting for the hint of sarcasm that never came. It's the same ones complaining (smartly) about government spending. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
I haven't read up on what the long term goals of Blue Origin are.

I'm assuming it would be to eventually orbit the earth, then return.

But it seems to be more of a novelty act for rich people to travel into space.

SpaceX is more the Real Deal.
Like SpaceX, Blue Origin has multiple rockets in development. Today's rocket--New Shepard--is intended for space tourism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Shepard They also have a larger rocket called New Glenn that will one day compete with SpaceX's Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy for launching government and commercial satellites into orbit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Glenn