W.O.A.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched a few especially this past season and agree it was a player led team just not sure how big of an upgrade the hire is. You said it yourself the team will win the next few years regardless the coach. A little surprised that was the best candidate considering the current talent level. Not sure how strong the D3 region is over the next few years but a regional appearance is possible with Shrout and company.
How many Shawnee games have you watched over the last 5 years. I’ll take a shot at guessing probably 0. I’m sure schools are tripping over themselves to give them a call.

I have watched a few especially this past season and agree it was a player led team just not sure how big of an upgrade the hire is. You said it yourself the team will win the next few years regardless the coach. A little surprised that was the best candidate considering the current talent level. Not sure how strong the D3 region is over the next few years but a regional appearance is possible with Shrout and company.
Hurts them being in Versailles region

All I will say is it’s nice to have a coach who’s willing to put time in during the off-season.

And still got ran out. Tough place to coach. Best of luck to the new guy!
10 wins against Dixie, 9 wins against Carlisle, 9 wins against Milton, 4 wins against Eaton, made a living beating bad teams like I said before, if it was two even teams and coaching comes into play it’s advantage other team. I’m really not trying to attack them I’m just being honest about there coaching.

Best of luck to the new guy. To me the Preble Shawnee situation has the same feeling as the Tri Village situation from a couple years back. It doesn't matter how good of a coach he is, he could face getting run off after year 1 if certain people aren't happy with the way things are going.

Shawnee has shrout and adams,, the tall kid hawley but with the loss of singleton will the team be better next year? Did they have any standout jv players that will provide an upgrade?

Shawnee has shrout and adams,, the tall kid hawley but with the loss of singleton will the team be better next year? Did they have any standout jv players that will provide an upgrade?
I’d be hard pressed to say they will be better, Singleton averaged 19 points and was the leading rebounder in the entire league. Really not sure they can replace that this season, but Hawley does have a chance but must keep improving, other players also Campbell, Roell, Woodard should contribute.

I’d be hard pressed to say they will be better, Singleton averaged 19 points and was the leading rebounder in the entire league. Really not sure they can replace that this season, but Hawley does have a chance but must keep improving, other players also Campbell, Roell, Woodard should contribute.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's also another Agee kid that is in the same class as Shrout? He is the younger brother of the Agee that was good a few years back. He has some size but missed last year because of injury. He could be another player that ends up being pretty good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's also another Agee kid that is in the same class as Shrout? He is the younger brother of the Agee that was good a few years back. He has some size but missed last year because of injury. He could be another player that ends up being pretty good.
You are 100% correct I forgot him because he was out most of the year. Also has a chance to contribute.

So TV PS and arcanum top three the rest the leagues a toss up
It’s a new league for PS, I’d be shocked if they didn’t finish in the top 3. But I don’t know much about some of the teams, Not sure where North Finished last year but Shawnee played them twice and it was a yawn fest. They also played South Arcanum and MV all was wins, played Covington in the tournament and was winning 40-8 at halftime. With that said Shawnee lost one of the best players they’ve had, Singleton finished with just under 1,200 points and just under 700 rebounds in his career so the team will look a little different.

So TV PS and arcanum top three the rest the leagues a toss up
I could see that. I don't know enough about the teams to say for sure. It sounds like Bradford is much improved and I would also think Dixie will be decent with all that they return. I'd expect a team like Franklin Monroe to be competitive once again as they usually are. They could be near the top.

It’s a new league for PS, I’d be shocked if they didn’t finish in the top 3. But I don’t know much about some of the teams, Not sure where North Finished last year but Shawnee played them twice and it was a yawn fest. They also played South Arcanum and MV all was wins, played Covington in the tournament and was winning 40-8 at halftime. With that said Shawnee lost one of the best players they’ve had, Singleton finished with just under 1,200 points and just under 700 rebounds in his career so the team will look a little different.
Are you referring to a holiday tournament PS vs Covington? Didn't Covington play D-4 in tournament at Piqua sectional?

Are you referring to a holiday tournament PS vs Covington? Didn't Covington play D-4 in tournament at Piqua sectional?
Covington was in the D3 Northmont sectional last year. They lost 65-35 to Preble Shawnee in the opening round, and from the sounds of it it was pretty ugly from the start. Arcanum was a solid win for Shawnee but TCN, TVS, Covington and MV were 4 of the bottom 6 schools in the conference last year, so all of those teams struggled last season.

Anyone heard about any other open enrolled kids anywhere or incoming freshman that may be big for some teams this year we didn’t see last year?

so new coaches in the league for PS,NT,TCN, and MV is there any other schools who had openings, and who is the NT, TCN and MV coaches, the PS got put on here

It’s too bad TV puts winning over integrity, Sags shouldn’t be coaching anywhere after that hazing incident, and just by saying who is he picking up on the way to schools shows he recruits. Hope PS wins the conference for the new coach

Mason Shrout picked up his first d1 offer from belmont. Other than Kennard who was the last swbl player to play d1 basketball?
Answer is still only Luke Kennard Shawnee doesn’t play in the SWBL any more. But the WOAC might put two D1 players up in 3 years with the kid from TV and Shrout. Not bad for a “weak” conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.