Renacci to primary Dewine

Renacci has my vote in the primary. IMO, DeWine's handling of the covid in Ohio has been dishonest and ineffective. There is no reason we couldn't have reopened last summer. Instead DeWine and his incompetent health department gave us color coded covid county designations.

Renacci has my vote in the primary. IMO, DeWine's handling of the covid in Ohio has been dishonest and ineffective. There is no reason we couldn't have reopened last summer. Instead DeWine and his incompetent health department gave us color coded covid county designations.
I actually agree with all of this. What did you do with the real lotr10??

You can vote either party but only one party each primary. That said if you are a registered Democrat you can vote in the Republican primary but then you can vote in the Democrat primary.

Think it thru first. I understand the problems with DeWine. But, who can win the general election. How does DeWine poll with Dems? Jmo He got stand your ground.

While Dewine has done some good things such as signing the bills into law for Stand Your Ground and the Heartbeat Bill, his handling of covid has been detrimental to Ohio. Renacci will win the primary by at least 5% and then the Governorship by 8-10%.

While I do agree that it might be time for Mike D to ride off into the sunset, I think Renacci will have a tough time unseating him.

While I do agree that it might be time for Mike D to ride off into the sunset, I think Renacci will have a tough time unseating him.
Agree. I wish there were a better option. I think this illustrates the weakness of the party system.

DeWine like Portman, Kasich, Gonzalez and now Timken is a conservative GOP member....not nearly enough crazy for today's GQP in Ohio. Maybe if he embraced magnetic Covid conspiracies or the kissed trumps boots he would have a better chance with the crazy caucus.

I don’t get the DeWine hate, he did a fairly good job handling Covid imo. Texas & Florida have the benefit of being warm weather states where transmission seems to be much lower.
I disagree. He took a moderate approach in reopening when he needed to reopen more aggressively. Many of his rules were silly or didn't make sense. Curfews for bars? I know people who had elderly relatives die alone without family around them because DeWine never did develop a working solution to how to deal with those dying in nursing homes.

He also was way to fuzzy in the early months concerning who actually was at risk in Ohio and where the covid deaths were happening. You might recall how DeWine and Acton sidestepped repeated questions about what was happening in the states nursing homes.

The reporter from Mansfield, I think Jack Windsor was his name, has been on the Bill Cunningham show and has convincingly described DeWine's shortcomings on all things related to covid.

And while I generally favor local control DeWine should have ordered the reopening of all schools to on site instruction this past September. Leaving this decision up to local administrators, school boards and teachers unions was an abandonment of Ohio's most vulnerable - its children.

Was DeWine better then most of the country's democrat governors? Absolutely which is why I'll vote for him against his democrat opponent. But IMO on covid DeWine could have done much better, especially since last summer.

DeWine like Portman, Kasich, Gonzalez and now Timken is a conservative GOP member....not nearly enough crazy for today's GQP in Ohio. Maybe if he embraced magnetic Covid conspiracies or the kissed trumps boots he would have a better chance with the crazy caucus.
Oh please Happy - you wouldn't know a "conservative" GOP member if they kicked you in the arse. Kind of like what happens to you on Yappi every day.

Can you be more specific? What you consider "crazy" is almost certainly sensible takes on the issues.

BTW, what covid color code is the county you live in at? No cheating and looking it up.
Performative Grievance politics like Cruz Jordan and Trump.

I have no idea....I am vaxxed and living my maskless life.

While Dewine has done some good things such as signing the bills into law for Stand Your Ground and the Heartbeat Bill, his handling of covid has been detrimental to Ohio. Renacci will win the primary by at least 5% and then the Governorship by 8-10%.
Dont forget his national audience going onto the networks to sow fear at the onset. I believe he lit and incited the fear how he and Dr doom Acton disseminated their incorrect and dangerous fake stats and projections. I believe that went a long way in the shartshow we say

I disagree. He took a moderate approach in reopening when he needed to reopen more aggressively. Many of his rules were silly or didn't make sense. Curfews for bars? I know people who had elderly relatives die alone without family around them because DeWine never did develop a working solution to how to deal with those dying in nursing homes.

He also was way to fuzzy in the early months concerning who actually was at risk in Ohio and where the covid deaths were happening. You might recall how DeWine and Acton sidestepped repeated questions about what was happening in the states nursing homes.

The reporter from Mansfield, I think Jack Windsor was his name, has been on the Bill Cunningham show and has convincingly described DeWine's shortcomings on all things related to covid.

And while I generally favor local control DeWine should have ordered the reopening of all schools to on site instruction this past September. Leaving this decision up to local administrators, school boards and teachers unions was an abandonment of Ohio's most vulnerable - its children.

Was DeWine better then most of the country's democrat governors? Absolutely which is why I'll vote for him against his democrat opponent. But IMO on covid DeWine could have done much better, especially since last summer.
YEP!!!

I don’t get the DeWine hate, he did a fairly good job handling Covid imo. Texas & Florida have the benefit of being warm weather states where transmission seems to be much lower.
For sure there were way, way worse governors out there. The problem is all of them were Democrats.

Conservatives understand that Dem govs believe in the power of govt, and we would expect them to use their emergency powers in a way that doesnt fully respect the personal freedoms of individuals. That's just who they are and what they believe.

DeWine understands what those who voted him into office believe regarding individual liberty, their inalienable rights, and how we cherish those principles - and he trampled on them. Yes, not as bad as the witch to the north, that moron in NJ, the killer in NY, or the moonbat in Ca - but the difference is that DeWine knew better and did it anyway. At least in my mind, that is the unforgivable political sin and I would vote for Satan before I vote for him again.

For sure there were way, way worse governors out there. The problem is all of them were Democrats.

Conservatives understand that Dem govs believe in the power of govt, and we would expect them to use their emergency powers in a way that doesnt fully respect the personal freedoms of individuals. That's just who they are and what they believe.

DeWine understands what those who voted him into office believe regarding individual liberty, their inalienable rights, and how we cherish those principles - and he trampled on them. Yes, not as bad as the witch to the north, that moron in NJ, the killer in NY, or the moonbat in Ca - but the difference is that DeWine knew better and did it anyway. At least in my mind, that is the unforgivable political sin and I would vote for Satan before I vote for him again.
I think you have to give him the benefit of the doubt for being cautious. Clearly, this virus spreads much easier in colder climates. FL, TX, MS don’t have to worry about 40 degree days in March.

You got to wonder about somebody who support people who are in favor of and pass laws for the slaughter of the unborn calling others crazy who support those who are not in favor of the slaughter of the unborn. Just saying 2 and 2 just doesn't add up to 4 on that right HAPPY?

But we had a “2nd wave” around Thanksgiving/early December. And I’m not saying he did everything right, but it’s a lot easier to second guess & pick apart his decisions after the fact. IMO, an overall moderate approach was the best way to handle it.