Current GMC coaches with 10+ years HC at various schools:
Lakota West--Leon
Hamilton--Higgins
Princeton---Wyant
Colerain---Kerr

Current GMC coaches with 4+ years as a HC:
Fairfield---Wyatt
Sycamore---Austing

Middletown---has the 9th least points returning at 16.9 ppg, from the 20-21 season----whoever gets the job has 9 other GMC coaches who have proved it on the floor that they are very good coaches---gonna be a tough mountain for that new coach to climb and compete with the other GMC programs success--especially if it's someone with 2 years experience as a HC. Good luck to the Middies in their choice!!

Last edited:
Current GMC coaches with 15+ years coaching at current school:
Oak Hills--Price
Mason--Richards
Lakota East---Adkins

Lakota West--Leon
Hamilton--Higgins
Princeton---Wyant
Colerain---Kerr

Fairfield---Wyatt
Sycamore---Austing

Middletown---has the 9th least points returning at 16.9 ppg, from the 20-21 season----whoever gets the job has 9 other GMC coaches who have proved it on the floor that they are very good coaches---gonna be a tough mountain for that new coach to climb and compete with the other GMC programs success--especially if it's someone with 2 years experience as a HC. Good luck to the Middies in their choice!!
Agreed.

Current GMC coaches with 15+ years coaching at current school:
Oak Hills--Price
Mason--Richards
Lakota East---Adkins

Lakota West--Leon
Hamilton--Higgins
Princeton---Wyant
Colerain---Kerr

Fairfield---Wyatt
Sycamore---Austing

Excellent breakdown. Man, the Middletown job may be more difficult than I originally thought. Since he is a Middletown guy, hopefully he can bridge some gaps between the community and basketball team with building a youth program, etc...

What is the delay in announcing Moss? Fenwick already thanked him publicly. Seems really odd!

Actually makes the Middletown administration look shady or stupid....

What is the delay in announcing Moss? Fenwick already thanked him publicly. Seems really odd!

Actually makes the Middletown administration look shady or stupid....

Where is the Middie pride; let’s get this party started.

Excellent breakdown. Man, the Middletown job may be more difficult than I originally thought. Since he is a Middletown guy, hopefully he can bridge some gaps between the community and basketball team with building a youth program, etc...
He had a feeder program at Fenwick when he took over but now there isn’t any to speak of. Good luck Middies building a program.

May 5th announcement to be made
According to the Journal article, the AD said it was supposed to be announced on 4/20. Obviously, that deadline has come and gone. Thank you Sticky_layups for the update. Still don't really understand the delay...maybe it has to be board-approved before they announce it and maybe there is a board meeting coming up?

tenor.gif

Moss is on the board minutes for tonight or tomorrow to get board approval. It shows him as getting supplementals for basketball coach and a weight room supplemental. Did not see any type of teaching position/admin. job. Good luck to Coach Moss! Wish him all the best and the best of luck to turn the program around.

Moss is on the board minutes for tonight or tomorrow to get board approval. It shows him as getting supplementals for basketball coach and a weight room supplemental. Did not see any type of teaching position/admin. job. Good luck to Coach Moss! Wish him all the best and the best of luck to turn the program around.

Thought someone said he was already an administrator at one of the Middletown elementary or junior high schools?

I believe someone said he was an administrator at Marshall in Middletown which is a charter/alternative school in Middletown. I don't think it actually falls under the umbrella of Middletown City Schools.

I believe someone said he was an administrator at Marshall in Middletown which is a charter/alternative school in Middletown. I don't think it actually falls under the umbrella of Middletown City Schools.
Marshall enrollment numbers count in the numbers for division alignment. Even though none of those kids play sports for Middletown.

Marshall enrollment numbers count in the numbers for division alignment. Even though none of those kids play sports for Middletown.
I am not sure if that is true. Why would enrollment numbers count toward a school when they are no way affiliated? Marshall has nothing to do with Middletown City Schools, it just happens to be in Middletown. Maybe I am wrong?

I am not sure if that is true. Why would enrollment numbers count toward a school when they are no way affiliated? Marshall has nothing to do with Middletown City Schools, it just happens to be in Middletown. Maybe I am wrong?
I am telling you yes that is the case. I am in the district.
the kids have the option if they qualified to play sports at Middletown HS so they count towards the numbers.

Interesting. I learned something today. Thanks

Im unsure what the talent looks like currently in Middletown. One would think with this hire more kids will be coming out, hometown kid coming home makes a difference.

Im unsure what the talent looks like currently in Middletown. One would think with this hire more kids will be coming out, hometown kid coming home makes a difference.
If DH couldn't get it done if Wins and losses are the measuring standard, KM should be given the same amount of time as DH. Temper expectations of returning to the Golden Age of Middie gretness,AINT HAPPENING!

If DH couldn't get it done if Wins and losses are the measuring standard, KM should be given the same amount of time as DH. Temper expectations of returning to the Golden Age of Middie gretness,AINT HAPPENING!
Agreed. What are expectations for Middie bball program? What is considered successful for the boys bball program? Top 1/2 of GMC? Top 1/3 of GMC? Making it to sectional finals? District?

Did they make it to the final 8 when they were defeated by Fairfield? Did DH have the youth league going? Like you said, give KM some time build this right.

Did they make it to the final 8 when they were defeated by Fairfield? Did DH have the youth league going? Like you said, give KM some time build this right.
Josh Andrews led Princeton 4 years, was 80-14, took the Middie job for 2 years, was 37-14, won back to back GMC championships, and then took the Taylor University job, his Alma.Mater. He took Princeton to Columbus and the Middies to the Elite 8, as you mention Hard Corp.
Last outstanding talent around 2012/2013.

With what he’s getting paid expectations should be very high. I’m betting he’s one of the top paid in the GMC

Any word on his staff?! Will his staff from Fenwick follow him.
I haven't heard. My guess is Terry will follow him and Arlinghaus and McCarthy will put in for the hc job.

Also maybe I missed it but the assistant ad is now the ad once Coleman leaves, starting about June 1.

Any word on his staff?! Will his staff from Fenwick follow him.
Not sure about Fenwick assistants, but the following are on staff (I do not know to what capacity)
Bill Edwards Jr.- Middletown alumni. Played at Penn State, Miami
Ryan Fairchild- Middletown alumni. Former JV coach/Varsity assistant at Madison & Edgewood
Al Milton- Middletown alumni. Played football at Vandy I believe. A staple in the Middletown community graduated with Cris Carter