Vaccinated Yankees test positive

You mean reimbursed so that they can recoup costs of treatment for Covid-19? Because the claim that hospitals are committing fraud or gaming the system was debunked a long long time ago.
Debunked? Sorry brother, never saw that. Plus, I have a direct family member in healthcare, and have witnessed first hand the fraud being pulled.

You mean reimbursed so that they can recoup costs of treatment for Covid-19? Because the claim that hospitals are committing fraud or gaming the system was debunked a long long time ago.
Patients with a positive COVID test brought more reimbursement. I'm not saying they cheated.

I'm saying that if a positive test result occurred, regardless of why that patient was hospitalized, they received more reimbursement.

I have raised this question several times on several different threads since this all started. I’ll ask again in case you missed it (plus a little new info in article about CDC): I challenge you to find me a total number of deaths in the U.S. from Jan 1 of a certain year to Dec 31 of certain year. I can’t find any, I can find death rates, but those applied to the entire country don’t compute. Maybe I’m missing something, but a start of: “this is how many Americans died in 2014, regardless of cause”, would go a long way for comparison sake. How many Americans died in say 2014? I really don’t know??‍♂️.
Your 2nd to last paragraph, also could mean that the co-morbidity had much more to do with the death than Covid did, but the hospital or local government was not receiving funds to simply list “normal” causes of death. Hope that sinks in.
As far as your emotional appeal in your last paragraph; how many of those that you speak of actually died? How many 35 year olds with diabetes died only from the combination of Covid and Diabetes (meaning they didn’t have a heart attack also but just happened to test positive for Covid)?
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...wFhYPWja-pG554maXoJEORLI2xfRRSB2Sx01PRgCOyRE8

^You can play with Table 1 at this link to customize a report. According to provisional data there, there were 383,797 COVID-19 related deaths in calendar year 2020 in the United States and 3,386,630 total deaths regardless of cause. This, unofficially, shows that 3,002,833 deaths were not related to COVID-19.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html

^You can run your own custom reports at this link, but it shows that in 2019, there were 2,854,838 deaths in the US (869.7 per 100,000) and 2,839,205 deaths in 2018 (867.8 per 100,000). When you account for population growth, 2019 was actually a better year for deaths than 2018 (we were making progress!)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...B1ZbzorHMeJJdtbhCd49-pA_zmTMj5cooLyfm2bpfOMBY

This is the most telling. In the 12 month period ending in Q2 2020, the death rate in the US was at 924.4 per 100,000. Even worse, in the 3 month period ending in Q2 2020, the death rate was 1034 per 100,000. Then in Q3, those numbers rose to 963.2/980.9. Those two numbers are marked with asterisks at the bottom table and the footnote tells that those numbers are "significantly different from the same quarter of the previous year".

Going back to those totals, the difference in total deaths (any cause) between 2020 and 2019, there was an increase of 531,792 total deaths. Take that number and subtract Covid-19-related deaths and we're left with an increase of 147,995 deaths attributed to other causes. I don't know what those were, maybe the answer lives in this data somewhere, but I don't care to look at the moment.

The point is, we had an increase 531,792 deaths from 2019 to 2020. More than 70% are officially classified as Covid-19-related.

As far as your emotional appeal in your last paragraph; how many of those that you speak of actually died? How many 35 year olds with diabetes died only from the combination of Covid and Diabetes (meaning they didn’t have a heart attack also but just happened to test positive for Covid)?

I don't know. Do you? In the face of a once in a century pandemic, is it not better to err on the side of caution?

Patients with a positive COVID test brought more reimbursement. I'm not saying they cheated.

I'm saying that if a positive test result occurred, regardless of why that patient was hospitalized, they received more reimbursement.
So in conclusion, you're saying you don't necessarily agree with this sentence pulled from that website: "Did hospitals have a financial incentive to pump up COVID death numbers?"

So in conclusion, you're saying you don't necessarily agree with this sentence pulled from that website: "Did hospitals have a financial incentive to pump up COVID death numbers?"
The media latched onto it moreso IMO. 600,000 people haven't died FROM COVID, but with it.

Hospitals get federal money for Medicare and Medicaid patients who have covid. In addition, federal funds were given to hospitals because they suffered as a result of lost business because people stopped going to the hospital out of fear of covid. Covid affected just about every business, and the government gave financial help to many. There was no payment given to any hospital based on the number of covid deaths reported there. That was debunked long ago. This aid to hospitals began while President Trump was in office. It was a necessary program.

Part of the problem is frequency of testing. Pro athletes are tested so often that the amount of false positives goes up fairly dramatically.

Read Damn Lies and Statistics. Way to many lies used as fact for Covid. Fauci should lose any and all medical privileges. Some jail time wouldn't hurt that piece of excrement.

Thanks. Good to know Republicans care less about the elderly or those unlucky.
Stupid take. Who said I don't care? I didn't. But people getting sick and ending up in the hospital happens all the time. This might be news to you but elderly people die all the time too. It's kind of a thing.

Don't know why the personal attack is necessary.

Guys, I'm not trying to be a pest here. I do want to know this stuff. Why should I just take the word of internet strangers. Support what you say.

That article is from August, but okay, it at least links to a dynamic CDC page. That CDC page also links here: Excess Deaths Associated With Covid-19

The total number of Americans whose death involved Covid-19 and the total number of American deaths involving any cause above what was expected in 2020 is very close to a 1:1 ratio.

600,000 dead Americans is 600,000 dead Americans. To say that 94% of them also had another condition does not mean that Covid-19 was not a major reason why that 94% died.

So why are we downplaying 600,000 excess dead Americans? Just because you're diabetic, obese, have a cancer history, etc does not mean you're lying on your death bed and no longer contributing to society.
People die everyday. Why is covid related more important than any other?

I heard, though never substantiated it, that they didn’t all take the same vaccine. Any news on that?
Seven members of the New York Yankees' coaching and support staff have tested positive for Covid-19 despite being inoculated with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the baseball team's manager said.
Six of the seven do not have symptoms, Aaron Boone said Wednesday.
The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was 72% effective against Covid-19 among US trial participants and 85% effective against severe Covid-19.
But even if someone gets Covid-19 after being fully vaccinated, the symptoms will likely be far less severe than if they didn't get vaccinated at all, said Dr. Jonathan Reiner, professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University. This is similar to how the flu vaccine works.

People die everyday. Why is covid related more important than any other
It isn't. And to represent what I wrote as such is a straw man. See post #63 and pay special attention to how many more deaths occurred in 2020 vs 2019, and what percentage of that increase was Covid-related.

It isn't. And to represent what I wrote as such is a straw man. See post #63 and pay special attention to how many more deaths occurred in 2020 vs 2019, and what percentage of that increase was Covid-related.
More people died. So? And in the next 8-18 months we will come back to average numbers or even lower. Covid accelerated many of those. Sad for their families and friends like I am any other death.

Death happens. There is no escaping it. They weren't preventable.

More people died. So? And in the next 8-18 months we will come back to average numbers or even lower. Covid accelerated many of those. Sad for their families and friends like I am any other death.

Death happens. There is no escaping it. They weren't preventable.
I can just imagine you at a wake for one of those people that were able to keep their diabetes, heart conditions, or autoimmune disorders manageable but then Covid came along and tipped the scales the other way.

"But hey, let's be honest," winbypin says to a sobbing widow. "He was going to die at some point anyway."

I can just imagine you at a wake for one of those people that were able to keep their diabetes, heart conditions, or autoimmune disorders manageable but then Covid came along and tipped the scales the other way.

"But hey, let's be honest," winbypin says to a sobbing widow. "He was going to die at some point anyway."
It wouldn't be wrong....

Who said I was king? I just said you need a new avatar. If you were trying to be clever that time is gone.
Why do I NEED one? Some sad desperation in your life if that image takes up that much real estate in your head you have to comment on it as often as you do.