La Salle schedules national powerhouse IMG Academy WK. 3!

It is odd how many times that 5 letter word that begins with an E has been talked about on a thread about Lasalle playing IMG. They just can't shake that big brother syndrome.

Maybe for Division 2? 2014 they had 1 loss to St. Xavier and 2015 they had losses to both St. Xavier and Elder. While Lasalle has had some very good teams, best team of the decade is an extreme stretch especially given they had losses in those years.
As good as they come in Division 2? Props to Lasalle with their D2 success, but well it's D2.

As we can all see in the above quotes, you were the first to bring up Elder in this thread. I guess we can work on our big brother syndrome, though. :unsure:

It is odd how many times that 5 letter word that begins with an E has been talked about on a thread about Lasalle playing IMG. They just can't shake that big brother syndrome.

your confusing me with someone else.....

Year Actual on the field Champions
1973 Parkway
1974 Parkway, Marion Local
1975 Minster, Parkway, Coldwater
1976 Coldwater
1977 Coldwater, St. Henry
1978 Marion Local
1979 Marion Local
1980 Coldwater
1981 Marion Local
1982 Coldwater
1983 Coldwater
1984 Coldwater
1985 Marion Local, Coldwater
1986 St. Henry, Coldwater
1987 Minster, Coldwater
1988 New Bremen, Minster
1989 St. Henry, Delphos St. John's, Minster
1990 St. Henry
1991 Delphos St. John's
1992 St. Henry
1993 St. Henry
1994 Delphos St. John's
1995 St. Henry
1996 St. Henry
1997 Delphos St. John's
1998 Delphos St. John's
1999 Delphos St. John's
2000 Delphos St. John's
2001 Marion Local, Coldwater
2002 Coldwater
2003 Versailles
2004 Coldwater
2005 Coldwater
2006 Coldwater
2007 Marion Local
2008 Coldwater
2009 Delphos St. John's
2010 Delphos St. John's
2011 Marion Local, Delphos St. John's
2012 Coldwater
2013 Marion Local
2014 Marion Local
2015 Coldwater
2016 Coldwater, Marion Local
2017 Marion Local
2018 Marion Local, Anna
2019 Marion Local, Anna, Minster
I still want an answer from the OP what this list consists of?

Post #58 and the history of Cincinnati Posters on Yappi.....

There was often a comparison between the Cincy area teams and the Miami Valley Area teams about which area had the best football. Cincy posters would constantly bring up D1 titles as Miami Valley had none. It was brought up that the smaller schools in the Miami Valley dominated football specifically the MAC. The GCL vs MAC got brought up many times but the GCL folk did not want to count the whole GCL but only that of the D1 schools. Basically the Cincy posters stated that only D1 mattered in Cincy and all other divisions did not matter nor count. This was also supported by the Cincy Enquirer with the D1 poll and then a D2-D6 poll.

Fast forward..... LaSalle winning numerous D2 titles and all of sudden now that matters. Reminder, when they were in D1 they did not win 1 playoff game. Since only D1 matters in Cincy why is LaSalle all of sudden the exception??? D2 frankly is the easiest division to win state..... Ohio needs an open division so schools like LaSalle, Washington, and Hoban can move up...... but would they choose to do it???

I personally hate schools like IMG and think they are not good for high school sports and that LaSalle has no business playing them.

I believe that all divisions matter though I believe we have too many of them. I will always root for the small town home grown teams specifically the MAC schools but when they are not involved then whoever is left. It is always great to see super teams like Mooney and Ursuline go down. Or GCL schools like Alter or CJ getting beat by MAC schools..... It is just my preference. I just don't care for all-star type teams that are brought together through recruiting be it open enrollment public or private schools.....

Post #58 and the history of Cincinnati Posters on Yappi.....

There was often a comparison between the Cincy area teams and the Miami Valley Area teams about which area had the best football. Cincy posters would constantly bring up D1 titles as Miami Valley had none. It was brought up that the smaller schools in the Miami Valley dominated football specifically the MAC. The GCL vs MAC got brought up many times but the GCL folk did not want to count the whole GCL but only that of the D1 schools. Basically the Cincy posters stated that only D1 mattered in Cincy and all other divisions did not matter nor count. This was also supported by the Cincy Enquirer with the D1 poll and then a D2-D6 poll.

Fast forward..... LaSalle winning numerous D2 titles and all of sudden now that matters. Reminder, when they were in D1 they did not win 1 playoff game. Since only D1 matters in Cincy why is LaSalle all of sudden the exception??? D2 frankly is the easiest division to win state..... Ohio needs an open division so schools like LaSalle, Washington, and Hoban can move up...... but would they choose to do it???

I personally hate schools like IMG and think they are not good for high school sports and that LaSalle has no business playing them.

I believe that all divisions matter though I believe we have too many of them. I will always root for the small town home grown teams specifically the MAC schools but when they are not involved then whoever is left. It is always great to see super teams like Mooney and Ursuline go down. Or GCL schools like Alter or CJ getting beat by MAC schools..... It is just my preference. I just don't care for all-star type teams that are brought together through recruiting be it open enrollment public or private schools.....

I agree, the OHSAA should have an open division.

I agree all divisions matter. A school should be proud of an Ohio State Championship regardless of the division they were assigned by the OHSAA.

For Lasalle, no one should be talking about them being the best in Ohio as long as they stay in Division 2. Unless a D2 or lower school dominates winning around 10 in a row then we can talk about best in Ohio. Until then, be proud of your small school division state title and that's it.

I agree all divisions matter. A school should be proud of an Ohio State Championship regardless of the division they were assigned by the OHSAA.

For Lasalle, no one should be talking about them being the best in Ohio as long as they stay in Division 2. Unless a D2 or lower school dominates winning around 10 in a row then we can talk about best in Ohio. Until then, be proud of your small school division state title and that's it.
Divisions are determined by your enrollment. Not how good you are. Several times in the past, I’ve stated that I believe that Cardinal Mooney’s ‘06 & ‘09 squads would have beaten Hilliard Davidson, an idea that supported by accomplishments beyond high school. When healthy, their ‘07 squad was probably better than both of them.

Fairly recently, La Salle won D2 in the same year that they took down the eventual D1 state champ (X). With the way that Hoban schedules now, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t mind taking on X or even IMG. The Knights originally scheduled Don Bosco Prep this past season and will entertain Bergen Catholic this fall on top of Eds & Iggy. Under Coach Moore’s watch, Massillon has also intensified their scheduling beyond what the average team faces.

Most schools in Ohio, regardless of division, aren’t willing to take on the tall tasks that La Salle, Hoban, and Massillon do, but they’re trying to separate their programs from the rest of Ohio and not just those in D2. Obviously, Massillon doesn’t have the state crowns that the Lancers & Knights have, but that hasn’t stopped them from striving to raise their standards. It anybody’s guess who the best team in the entire state is in a given year, but it’s already been proven that the cream of the crop in D2 is every bit as good as the top of D1.

W
Divisions are determined by your enrollment. Not how good you are. Several times in the past, I’ve stated that I believe that Cardinal Mooney’s ‘06 & ‘09 squads would have beaten Hilliard Davidson, an idea that supported by accomplishments beyond high school. When healthy, their ‘07 squad was probably better than both of them.

Fairly recently, La Salle won D2 in the same year that they took down the eventual D1 state champ (X). With the way that Hoban schedules now, I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t mind taking on X or even IMG. The Knights originally scheduled Don Bosco Prep this past season and will entertain Bergen Catholic this fall on top of Eds & Iggy. Under Coach Moore’s watch, Massillon has also intensified their scheduling beyond what the average team faces.

Most schools in Ohio, regardless of division, aren’t willing to take on the tall tasks that La Salle, Hoban, and Massillon do, but they’re trying to separate their programs from the rest of Ohio and not just those in D2. Obviously, Massillon doesn’t have the state crowns that the Lancers & Knights have, but that hasn’t stopped them from striving to raise their standards. It anybody’s guess who the best team in the entire state is in a given year, but it’s already been proven that the cream of the crop in D2 is every bit as good as the top of D1.
Well said

So, there is no excuse for a D1 school to lose to a little old D2 school more often than not?