100% capacity this season

Not scared of it for me. I got the vaccine because I have older family with things like parkinson's. I'm aware every vaccine has a risk. But I've been careful for them , not me.

Many have died from this though. Not in the conspiracy theory crowd that the vaccine doesn't work or that a chip is being installed. Our cell phones do the trick for that already
Some have died of it. Only 6 percent of the deaths were Covid and Covid only. The others had "other" commorbidities. I understand your concern with the family member with Parkinson's.

Do you think the stadiums will be back to normal this season?
I think this is almost entirely tied to who gets to make the decision. If its up to the state, then I doubt it. If its up to the OHSAA then regardless of where it starts there will be 100% attendance for any playoff/tournament games. If its up to the schools, you will see a mix of capacity and mask rules.

If you are vaccinated and the vaccine works , it shouldn't matter if you are around non vaccinated people.
"Has anyone gotten Covid after being fully vaccinated?
Yes, it is possible. While vaccination will protect most people from getting infected with the novel coronavirus, a small percentage of fully vaccinated people will contract COVID-19 even after receiving all the required vaccine doses, as acknowledged by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Apr 27, 2021"
We are still learning about the virus and the vaccines. A small percentage of people who will contract Covid should not be a reason to not fully reopen. But just because the ones of us who are fully vaccinated, we shouldn't feel 100% bulletproof.?‍♂️

"Has anyone gotten Covid after being fully vaccinated?
Yes, it is possible. While vaccination will protect most people from getting infected with the novel coronavirus, a small percentage of fully vaccinated people will contract COVID-19 even after receiving all the required vaccine doses, as acknowledged by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Apr 27, 2021"
We are still learning about the virus and the vaccines. A small percentage of people who will contract Covid should not be a reason to not fully reopen. But just because the ones of us who are fully vaccinated, we shouldn't feel 100% bulletproof.?‍♂️
No vaccine is 100 percent. If you want to live in fear after being vaccinated then so be it. But I'm going to live my life and not be scared of if, could and maybe hypotheticals. If we go on hypotheticals then this will never end. Some people want this to never end though.

No vaccine is 100 percent. If you want to live in fear after being vaccinated then so be it. But I'm going to live my life and not be scared of if, could and maybe hypotheticals. If we go on hypotheticals then this will never end. Some people want this to never end though.
I agree with you. If allowed I look forward to attending games again. I was just pointing out that even being fully vaccinated there is still a risk of getting Covid from those who choose not to be vaccinated. I am willing to take that risk. I am opposed to forcing people to be vaccinated. My only concern is people who do not adhere to wearing masks and socially distancing where it is required and clearly stated. They should not have the right to force their beliefs on others. If they choose not to follow the stated rules, then they are free to not enter. No different than no shoes no shirt no service.

Yeah right
Who wants it and why ? What does anyone have to gain if the pandemic doesn’t end ? We all want Herd immunity to take hold . Need more time and or people to get the vaccination . Are you saying the people who don’t want to get vaccinated secretly want it to continue ? For the numbers and embers to keep a flame ?

Wonderful, unbiased read for those who are confused between their individual freedom and their duties to community and country.

Those that are putting themselves above the health of the rest of the country should consider enlisting.

Lol. Covid is not the same as building a nuclear weapon because of the possibility that Nazi Germany might build one.

Clearly a biased piece despite you telling us otherwise.

Lol. Covid is not the same as building a nuclear weapon because of the possibility that Nazi Germany might build one.

Clearly a biased piece despite you telling us otherwise.
I’ll take a credible source over your opinion. Especially because you only care to give your opinion without an explanation. Sounds authoritarian to me.

I’ll take a credible source over your opinion. Especially because you only care to give your opinion without an explanation. Sounds authoritarian to me.

Doesn't hide the fact that it is a garbage article.

So in your mind...you think comparing covid to the threat of Nazi Germany obtaining a nuclear weapon is an apt one? For real?

It's the very definition of sensationalism. If that is what you believe then there is no point in carrying on the discussion.

It shouldn't have to do with how many are vaccinated. Once everyone has the chance to be vaccinated , open it all up. If you are vaccinated you should be safe. If you aren't , you absorb the risk.

Worry about yourself. Nobody gives a damn if you got vaccinated and if people choose not to , you have zero right to butt into their medical choices

I'm vaccinated but I'm tired of the morons getting all pissy if some choose not to do so. If the vaccine works, you are fine. So mind your own business
But..but, the variants!:rolleyes:

I think we can all agree on this - there is nothing logical taking place in schools in regards to covid and there is no consistency across the board. Local health departments are just kind of making things up as they go and SOME schools tend to follow that lead.

The target herd immunity threshold was estimated to be about 60-70% of the population, but many factors including the rate of which we are vaccinated are critical. Health experts are reporting we may not be able to achieve it.

There is a difference between people who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons and someone who won't get vaccinated for political reasons. If health experts cannot guarantee we can congregate safely, high school sports should be limited to family. There is no reason a cooperative parent should have to risk their health or their child's to cater to the imaginary rights of society's sociopaths who want to attend a high school game. In reality, a non-family member who is that adamant about attending a high school game instead of watching virtually despite the advice of health experts shouldn't be around kids anyway.
What if people don't want to get vaccinated because there were no real clinical trials and we have ZERO idea what the long term effects of any of the three vaccines will be? Or people who have had COVID and built natural immunity, which as far as we currently know could be better than the immunity gained from vaccination? Or some people just prefer not to pump foreign substances in to their body when they don't need to, as those who are not in at risk categories choose to? Not everybody who doesn't want the vaccine makes that choice because of political beliefs. At this point it hard to trust any "health expert" as they have continually shown they either don't know what their talking about or they are making statements based on their own political beliefs. Personally, I'm not against getting vaccinated. I had COVID in February, so I'm planning on holding off for awhile, but I'm not going to judge or pressure others to get it because it's the "right thing to do". Only the individual knows what's right for them and we should not as a whole support a government who tries to impose their will on our individual freedom of choice.

If you interpreted that article as Covid = Nazi Germany then I'm afraid you missed the point entirely.
Everyone chip in against the common enemy. I get it. The two enemies aren't remotely close to being equal though. It's a horrible comparison. If you want to believe that, go ahead. If you also want to believe a fully vaccinated person should wear a mask, go ahead there as well.

Everyone chip in against the common enemy. I get it. The two enemies aren't remotely close to being equal though. It's a horrible comparison.

Again, it didn't make that comparison.

If you also want to believe a fully vaccinated person should wear a mask, go ahead there as well.
No one in this thread is talking about that. You're railing against a boogeyman at this point.

I think we can all agree on this - there is nothing logical taking place in schools in regards to covid and there is no consistency across the board. Local health departments are just kind of making things up as they go and SOME schools tend to follow that lead.
I for one don’t agree. My local school has approached Covid perfectly logically. It’s been open since he beginning of this school year and makes common sense decisions based on what the community wants.

I don’t expect - or even want - consistency. Different communities have different attitudes, and schools should reflect that.

That is a good sentiment, but the fact is that, as of now, the state won't fully "open" until there is " herd immunity," whatever that is. That's just the fact. People can debate whether or not that is a good idea, but that's where we are right now. I would think that, by the end of the summer, things will have gotten better and most events will go on pretty much as they were....unless the numbers go up again.
I would hope HS football would be at 100% capacity. But I agree, the virus numbers and where Ohio is at with them come August will dictate capacity. It is too early to know for sure. If I can get tickets every week, I am planning on going.

I would hope HS football would be at 100% capacity. But I agree, the virus numbers and where Ohio is at with them come August will dictate capacity. It is too early to know for sure. If I can get tickets every week, I am planning on going.
I never thought I would agree with someone that has a TTUN helmet as an avatar:(

Again, it didn't make that comparison.

No one in this thread is talking about that. You're railing against a boogeyman at this point.
From the article...

As different episodes in history have illustrated — including the building of an atomic bomb in the U.S. – true freedom is to choose to place the well-being of your family, community, and country above your own personal values

Also from the article...

I'm going to take a detour here and go back to another time when a group of individuals had to face a very difficult choice between personal views and civic duty. In 1941, the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor prompted the US to join the Allies in the war against Germany and Japan. Two years earlier, on 2-August-1939, Albert Einstein wrote a letter to President Franklin Roosevelt sounding the alarm of a very possible Nazi nuclear bomb. "In view of this situation you may think it desirable to have some permanent contact maintained between the Administration and the group of physicists working on chain reactions in America," Einstein wrote.
Now, Einstein was an outspoken pacifist, as were many of the physicists then working to understand nuclear chain reactions. When the Manhattan Project to build a U.S. atomic bomb started for real in 1942, the main worry and motivation for the group of scientists working in secrecy at Los Alamos was the fear of Hitler with a nuclear bomb in his hands. A split happened within the group. Some scientists pushed the moral worries of building a weapon of mass destruction aside and undertook the formidable technical challenge as another tough scientific problem to figure out. Others, however, had serious moral qualms in participating in the project, knowing very well what the social and political consequences would be. Still, they pushed their personal views aside and worked to build the bomb. The fear of a Nazi threat and the sense of civic duty, the need to protect their country, their community, their families, and their values took center stage, superseding their personal choice.

So, you either didn't read the article or have no idea what you read. That is the single example the author is using to try to convince the reader WHY people should get a vaccine. Here is a time where people put aside their personal freedoms for the greater good. To defeat the common enemy staring us all in the face. Even Einstein, who was an outspoken pacifist, out aside his personal beliefs to help build a weapon to evaporate a million or so people. Lol. Covid is not the threat that Hitler and Nazi Germany were. If that article moved you in someway good for you.

Its sensationalism "journalism" and we have had enough of that with covid.

Don't forget to double mask today when you walk to your mailbox.