OHSAA approves 16 football playoff teams per region

16 teams is too many. A #1 vs. #16 game is a complete waste of everyone's time. I do not think those 1-9, 2-8, 3-7 teams would even want to play the game. OHSAA should have done 14 teams with #1 and #2 getting a bye.
Except what happened last fall proved you wrong.

Being a devils advocate, you will now see some great regular season matchups. Some of the tougher teams scheduled for the playoffs and wouldn't play some of the other tougher teams. Also, schools won't have to schedule out of state games to fill out their schedule. We now won't have Massillon vs bishop sycamore type games anymore.

Then you have been a boob for many years.

Congratulations.
I'd say the person wanting 16 of 18 football teams to make the playoffs deserves that term a lot more. Explain how virtually every team making the playoffs in D1 makes the regular season games more impactful and meaningful?

Being a devils advocate, you will now see some great regular season matchups. Some of the tougher teams scheduled for the playoffs and wouldn't play some of the other tougher teams. Also, schools won't have to schedule out of state games to fill out their schedule. We now won't have Massillon vs bishop sycamore type games anymore.
The problem was never tougher teams refusing to play tougher teams. Those types of teams had to play one another out of necessity to fill their schedules.

Maybe teams who used to schedule softer and duck these teams will schedule them now , but I'll believe it when I see it

I'd say the person wanting 16 of 18 football teams to make the playoffs deserves that term a lot more. Explain how virtually every team making the playoffs in D1 makes the regular season games more impactful and meaningful?
No. I certainly do not have to explain something I never said.

We also don't want the kids to be subject to unneeded embarrassment on the field and injury for the sake of the OHSAA making an extra dollar.
Yeah, I never want another one of those hypocrites at OHSSA talk about player safety again ( of course they will ). To win a State Championship in football, a H. S. team now will have to play 16 games.

Your first sentence was nonsense. I'm not interested enough to read anything after that.
My first sentence was talking about basketball regular season having way less meaning since everyone makes the playoffs. In football it means more since you have to earn it

You took it out of context. Very cnn of you

I like how there's now going to be D7 teams who miss the D7 playoffs, but would have qualified if they were in D1.

Perhaps we will start seeing D2 and D3 teams purposely try to INCREASE their Competitive Balance number in order to move up.

My first sentence was talking about basketball regular season having way less meaning since everyone makes the playoffs. In football it means more since you have to earn it

You took it out of context. Very cnn of you
That was in your third paragraph, not your first sentence.

No my fault if it takes you three paragraphs to get to your point. Like I said. I stopped reading after your first sentence of nonsense. I only went back to read your post to be polite.

Just out of curiosity, when did they change the basketball tournament to allow everybody in?

That was in your third paragraph, not your first sentence.

No my fault if it takes you three paragraphs to get to your point. Like I said. I stopped reading after your first sentence of nonsense. I only went back to read your post to be polite.

Just out of curiosity, when did they change the basketball tournament to allow everybody in?
Just because you have a short attention span, doesn't change the points I've been making in the thread

If you don't want to read it all, don't comment. It will make you look like less of a tool instead of ignoring the point to throw out a childish term on the internet

I like how there's now going to be D7 teams who miss the D7 playoffs, but would have qualified if they were in D1.

Perhaps we will start seeing D2 and D3 teams purposely try to INCREASE their Competitive Balance number in order to move up.
Maybe they shoudlnt have complained to get moved down in the first place ..

Most posters from D1 hate this change if you read the thread

Now we will have head coaches in high school football, doing like NBA.. Load management, on the really good teams. They will be resting players during regular season games, so they will be fresh for the playoff run.

So we are now making the football regular season completely worthless. This on top of d1 and d2 playoffs being the same night and the tv being spectrum only.

Ohsaa is doing their best to ruin the sport

The great thing about football was teams fighting to make the playoffs unlike the other sports that let everyone in. This is why I go to less regular season basketball games. They simply don't matter
Statement about basketball is completely wrong and dumb. Teams are fighting for league titles and every coach would laugh at you implying that tourney seeding isn't important.

Statement about basketball is completely wrong and dumb. Teams are fighting for league titles and every coach would laugh at you implying that tourney seeding isn't important.
Would you rather have a league title or get further in the playoffs ? Many of times you can beat a team in your conference twice and sometimes they beat you in the playoffs. Id take losing the first 2 in the regular season then winning the 3rd game in the playoffs any day of the week

So if everyone makes the playoffs , you make those regular season games essentially meaningless. Many of times you get a crack at those teams in the playoffs.

With football if you lose those games , you may not even get to the playoffs ! It means way more to have a regular season game where there are bigger stakes.

There aren't huge stakes if you lose a matchup in regular season basketball. You'll be there in the playoffs anyways .

Reactions: y2h
Obviously I am in the minority about this. But the only reason I like it is because it gives me more options to pick from for games week 11.

This is obviously 100% a decision to generate revenue, which they desperately need, so they should just say it. This message of "a great experience for our athletes" is just spin. Some will have a great experience, but a lot will be getting their doors absolutely blown off, and will be practicing all week leading up to their first round game knowing the experience of annihilation is coming. I think you're still going to have opt outs, too. It was all inevitable, so no use griping about it, but it does hurt the urgency of the regular season, which to me is a bummer.