CHL Basketball 2020-21

Great win for Taylor over Wyoming (I'd guess it has been a while since the Yellow Jackets defeated the Cowboys).

I was told Taylor was 9-11 (very unofficial) from 3 in the first half to get that 12-point lead. Taylor continued hot into the 3rd quarter and extended the lead to 50-30. Wyoming pressure led to a 10-1 run to end the period with Jackets up 51-40. Twice the Cowboys got the lead to 6 and the ball, but I'm not sure if they got a shot on either of the following possessions. From that point on, Taylor combined good defense, possession, free throws and layups to end the game with the 14-point W.

As the Indian Hill late game-winning 3-pointer probably ended Taylor's league title hopes for this season, Taylor almost certainly ends Wyoming's. Wach's 3 may have staved off a mini-controversy with IH and Taylor likely ended the season with 1 CHL loss but Taylor having one more win. As things stand, Taylor and Wyoming need the Cowboys to beat the Braves...and have Madeira beat Indian Hill at least once in their two late season matchups.

Congratulations to Taylor!

Great win by Taylor. When was the last time Wyoming lost back to back CHL games? It has to be a loooong time.

Condensed schedule had Wyoming defeating Finneytown on Tuesday between the IH and Taylor games. But you're right that Wyoming hasn't lost 2 CHL games in a week in many years (often not losing 2 CHL games in a season).

Condensed schedule had Wyoming defeating Finneytown on Tuesday between the IH and Taylor games. But you're right that Wyoming hasn't lost 2 CHL games in a week in many years (often not losing 2 CHL games in a season).
Just looked it up, in 2018 they lost to Deer Park & Madeira in consecutive games. Oh well, not as long as I thought.

How is Wyoming's JV/Middle School teams looking?

Seems like they're due for quite the drop-off next season with Walker, Crayton, and even Mitchell leaving who gave them some size/athleticism.

Not sure I'd classify Austing, Kearns, and Hilvert as "home town" kids. As you know, they were in the district but those three were part of Our Lady of Visitation basketball, football, etc. for 8 years of grade school. Doesn't take anything away from Taylor or from James' success, but just clarifying the "home town" comment. Go Jackets!
Haha. That’s a stretch. Home town is where you live. Pretty simple.

So I haven’t been looking at the updated schedule for the league which has been changing rapidly...I finally did last night to confirm Madeira was playing and then again tonight against Taylor (tall task for the young Stangs)....I did see that IH is playing 2 games at the same tim tonight lol...now that is the Websters definition of tough sledding!

Madeira 29 Taylor 20 at half...Mustangs own the glass and are pounding the paint so far...poor shot selections by Taylor so far

Madeira did not help off of Austing so he got zero open looks...and the stangs pounded the paint with Craaavack...the size was too much for the Jackets to handle

So I haven’t been looking at the updated schedule for the league which has been changing rapidly...I finally did last night to confirm Madeira was playing and then again tonight against Taylor (tall task for the young Stangs)....I did see that IH is playing 2 games at the same tim tonight lol...now that is the Websters definition of tough sledding!
IH was originally scheduled to play West Clermont. WC had a Covid outbreak. If WC was healthy, IH could have sent their JVs and won with that coaching circus in WC.

How does Wyoming get seeded higher than Taylor?
Some coaches may have voted when the voting opened on Thursday. Wyoming got 198 pts and Taylor 191 pts---5th seed and 6th seed ---Wyoming selected their spot after the top 4 selected, but Taylor kept passing and allowed Fenwick, Roger Bacon and Hughes to go in before they finally selected their spot in with Indian Hill and then Monroe at #12 selected to play Taylor. Taylor seemed to want to make sure that Fenwick, RB, and Hughes did not select them in a 1st round game--played it smart.

Some coaches may have voted when the voting opened on Thursday. Wyoming got 198 pts and Taylor 191 pts---5th seed and 6th seed ---Wyoming selected their spot after the top 4 selected, but Taylor kept passing and allowed Fenwick, Roger Bacon and Hughes to go in before they finally selected their spot in with Indian Hill and then Monroe at #12 selected to play Taylor. Taylor seemed to want to make sure that Fenwick, RB, and Hughes did not select them in a 1st round game--played it smart.
Smart / Scared
Potato / Puhtahtoe