Should the AAC and MWC merge?

You addressed the stuff but you are talking non specific and making points that make zero sense.

Baseless claim!

My school.is in conference usa. We are losing money because 14 schools is too big.

Comparing Conference USA to this conference! What a joke!

Your school is losing money because it's a small program in a bad conference!

Now you want to make a 16 team conference that spans the entire country which is 16 mouths to feed when tv deals are going down if anything. And huge travel costs It makes zero sense. And it will never happen

WRONG!

Travel costs are insignificant. The DIVISIONS are manageable and intra-divisional games would be limited to two, one home and one away. That means each team travels east or west once per season!

This is why the aac isn't adding a team from conference usa after losing uconn. It's another mouth to feed. And these non power 5 don't add enough

The AAC isn't adding a team from CUSA because the CUSA has no programs to offer! The ONLY program that could possibly be on the "watch" list is Charlotte but they have a LONG way to go!

The AAC is losing UConn but it could turn around and add Boise State! That's a big deal!

Baseless claim!

Comparing Conference USA to this conference! What a joke!

Your school is losing money because it's a small program in a bad conference!

WRONG!

Travel costs are insignificant. The DIVISIONS are manageable and intra-divisional games would be limited to two, one home and one away. That means each team travels east or west once per season!

The AAC isn't adding a team from CUSA because the CUSA has no programs to offer! The ONLY program that could possibly be on the "watch" list is Charlotte but they have a LONG way to go!

The AAC is losing UConn but it could turn around and add Boise State! That's a big deal!
Well we've done way more than charlotte so that shows how little you know. Which you make perfectly clear with each of your posts

Your conference idea is never happening. I'll be back on h ere when conferences start aligning more geographically to quote you being wrong.

I'm intrigued! How would you realign?
Conference usa and the sun belt are going to end up in eastern and western conferences by geography.

The aac won't add anyone because it loses money to have more mouths to feed.

Sure the aac is the best non power 5 but that doesn't mean much. It can fluctuate with these programs. Look at coastal carolina. A nothing program til this year.

My school killed the aac smu program in a bowl last year after lane Kiffin left , 4 of our best players left for the nfl and many others were out of the game

Bowl games are tough to gauge! They are losing meaning to the players and coaches with each passing season! Indeed, the post-season is becoming a bit of a joke, and a playoff expansion or even secondary tournaments would do wonders in saving it!

Iowa State lost to Louisiana this year, what does that mean?!

The purpose of the conference isn't to be perfect and never lose a game to a team from a smaller conference, it's to bring together programs that exist in good markets, have national appeal, and/or are the most consistently competitive teams outside the P5 - it just so happens those programs exist in the MWC and AAC.

Annual fluctuations are to be expected, but you would struggle to find a program that I have not included that fulfills the criteria!

The AAC will most certainly add teams that benefit the conference either on the field or in potential revenue! They'd be dumb not to!

Bowl games are tough to gauge! They are losing meaning to the players and coaches with each passing season! Indeed, the post-season is becoming a bit of a joke, and a playoff expansion or even secondary tournaments would do wonders in saving it!

Iowa State lost to Louisiana this year, what does that mean?!

The purpose of the conference isn't to be perfect and never lose a game to a team from a smaller conference, it's to bring together programs that exist in good markets, have national appeal, and/or are the most consistently competitive teams outside the P5 - it just so happens those programs exist in the MWC and AAC.

Annual fluctuations are to be expected, but you would struggle to find a program that I have not included that fulfills the criteria!

The AAC will most certainly add teams that benefit the conference either on the field or in potential revenue! They'd be dumb not to!
No they won't add teams. If boise wants football only maybe. But most of the mwc teams are nothing special and add nothing. Your league you proposed is never happening

Also South Florida wouldn't reschedule us cuz they knew they'd lose. They did that plenty this year

Boise State wants out of the MWC for football, at least that's the implication as I understand!

Is your beef that I didn't included your team in this?!

Boise State wants out of the MWC for football, at least that's the implication as I understand!

Is your beef that I didn't included your team in this?!
I don't have a beef . I just think the mwc and aac merging is the dumbest idea I've ever seen and makes zero sense. Boise st is the only football program they have that adds any value to the aac. The rest would be taking money away from other members. So yeah stupid idea that will never happen.

Also why would I care if my school is included in some dumb plan from random message board guys who doesn't know how financials work with these leagues clearly ? We aren't getting in the aac unless one of the florida schools leave. If that happens then yes we'd be the prime candidate.

I don't think any p5 is taking aac teams anytime soon. I think p5 turning into a p4 in the future is much more likely .

Last edited:
What would be the ideal FBS set up, a few mega conferences or a bunch of regionalized ones? What's the benefit of a smaller regionalized conference?