Trey Ruins Another Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said point blank that I haven't seen them in a few years, but yes Nie was the prime culprit. I haven't seen too many coaches degrade kids like I have seen him do in the middle of practice. I also have seen very few coaches instill physical team punishment that is downright dangerous. So, yes, some of the biggest Aholes in football. Glad I could amuse you.
Anonymous posts on Yappi are not the way to handle your concerns. Have you made the Elder administration aware of the downright dangerous punishments you personally witnessed while observing Elder’s freshmen team practice? Very negligent of you if you have not. Where was the freshman team practicing when you observed them?

Anonymous posts on Yappi are not the way to handle your concerns. Have you made the Elder administration aware of the downright dangerous punishments you personally witnessed while observing Elder’s freshmen team practice? Very negligent of you if you have not. Where was the freshman team practicing when you observed them?

Seconds again you sarcastically called his post “very funny”, now it’s his fault.

The purple passion has no bounds when it comes to protecting the pride. Even if reports were made, which I’ve sure there have been, there’s a certain veil of protection for the insiders.

Cannot stand when posters come on here with objective opinions and they are shut down because it’s not sunshine and rainbows.

The incident I am speaking of was forever ago when they were at Dunham. I did actually make a call to Dabelt when I saw this and was essentially told to pound salt. I did what I could, but sadly nobody cared.

What people don’t realize, is that people come here AFTER they’ve had conversations and realized that their intervention would lead nowhere, and in fact, they’d become the “complainer” amongst the inner circle.

Elder has never been open to outside constructive criticism. They view it as a threat.

I thought most of cincifbfan said earlier was pretty accurate. Elder Freshman Football Coaches being biggest a holes in Football is not accurate to most but sure it is to some others. Pboy doesn’t go to Freshman practices (I didn’t know anyone not part of the team did) he is a local 4th Grade Scout?

The incident I am speaking of was forever ago when they were at Dunham. I did actually make a call to Dabelt when I saw this and was essentially told to pound salt. I did what I could, but sadly nobody cared.
Hmm, I don’t remember the freshmen team practicing at Dunham. Varsity for sure, JV maybe but I don’t think the freshmen did.

Hmm, I don’t remember the freshmen team practicing at Dunham. Varsity for sure, JV maybe but I don’t think the freshmen did.

All levels had practice at Dunham many yrs ago before the area at Academy &West 8th was Available? I been wondering how a high school Football Coach could attend another Schools practices?? Wouldn’t that Coach be at their own Schools practice? I still agree with most of what cincifbfan said in his earlier post.

All levels had practice at Dunham many yrs ago before the area at Academy &West 8th was Available? I been wondering how a high school Football Coach could attend another Schools practices?? Wouldn’t that Coach be at their own Schools practice? I still agree with most of what cincifbfan said in his earlier post.
I don’t think all levels practiced together at Dunham, I could be wrong. Before the practice space you reference at Academy & W8th they practiced at Rapid Run Park. I know that for a fact because I remember seeing the team walk (yes I said walk) to practice from Elder to the park. I assume they walk to the field at Academy & W8th as well, I don’t drive there very often. I drove Glenway everyday for many years and I saw the team walking to practice all the time.

And I’m not surprised you agree with cincifbfan you both seem to have personal agendas. I don’t care about your personal agendas but I think what cincifbfan has posted on this thread is way over the top and he should not be allowed to anonymously discredit an entire staff based on “unbiased” observations supposedly made many years ago. He doesn’t even know if those same coaches are still involved with the program!

Last edited:
I don’t think all levels practiced together at Dunham, I could be wrong. Before the practice space you reference at Academy & W8th they practiced at Rapid Run Park. I know that for a fact because I remember seeing the team walk (yes I said walk) to practice from Elder to the park. I assume they walk to the field at Academy & W8th as well, I don’t drive there very often. I drove Glenway everyday for many years and I saw the team walking to practice all the time.

And I’m not surprised you agree with cincifbfan you both seem to have personal agendas. I don’t care about your personal agendas but I think what cincifbfan has posted on this thread is way over the top and he should not be allowed to anonymously discredit an entire staff based on “unbiased” observations supposedly made many years ago. He doesn’t even know if those same coaches are still involved with the program!

Thank you, I could not remember but you made my memory kick in a little better. I do now remember guys walking at glenway and rapid run around the area where I grew up. I have no personal agenda just stating my opinion on the Freshman staff

And here we are again. Every.Single.Time

Every time there is an opinion of objective criticism, the person is accused of a personal agenda. Every time.

Criticsm = sour grapes, Johnny got cut, etc, etc, etc. It is an obvious defense mechanism for the purple posse.

Even for the most ardent purple supporter, to say development at the lower levels isn’t an issue is disingenuous. There’s enough evidence to show there’s some validity (attrition numbers, consistent reactions to this issue, fading success from freshman to varsity records). Not acknowledging it is is a CYA move, honestly.

In the past, when they had 80-100 kids on the freshman squad, they had enough numbers to get away with it. My guess is they treat freshman football the same way now that they did when the staff started so many years ago. You simply can’t manage the roster that way anymore. With the dwindling Catholic enrollment numbers and the dwindling football players, you have to make an honest attempt to develop more kids.

I don’t ever want to hear any Elder varsity coach complain about their depth issues. It is completely their own doing. Most of those kids who moved on would do whatever it took to elevate their skills if a coach had simply given them some time or some attention. That’s all it takes for impressionable kids to feel part of something, especially Elder kids.

When that many kids continue to quit, you have to look in the mirror. When it happens that often, it’s obvious they don’t care. As I’ve said for years, keeping the establishment close, connected and tight is how they keep control.

For the life of me, I can’t imagine a program that’s that content about losing that many kids every year.

Last edited:
Look, it's no secret that I'm not an Elder Alum nor a fan of the school in general; however, I respect the hell out of the school's athletic department and their fan base/alumni base.... It's truly second to none.

I have no personal vendetta, I have just stated what my observations were. If you choose to not believe me and my observations, that's fine, it won't bother me in the least.

Please really ask yourself why so many football players quit at Elder after 1 year. Why is the percentage that quit after freshmen football so much higher than other successful programs in the area.... Colerain, X, LaSalle? It points to issues with the freshmen football program. Every program has issues... Colerain's is their rapidly shrinking enrollment, X seems to have rumors with HC every few years that become distractions, LaSalle has too many outsiders that meddle in the program which is why they can't keep a coach.

Please feel free to disagree, but have something to back it up; just don't tell me I'm wrong without any sort of counterargument.

Lastly, all 3 Elder teams used to practice at Dunham. They used to all be bussed down there on 2 yellow buses. The freshmen team was the first team taken down there, and the last team to be brought back to campus. That is 100% fact.

Please really ask yourself why so many football players quit at Elder after 1 year. Why is the percentage that quit after freshmen football so much higher than other successful programs in the area.... Colerain, X, LaSalle? It points to issues with the freshmen football program.

Additionally, ask yourself why they seem content with this reality.

Lastly, all 3 Elder teams used to practice at Dunham. They used to all be bussed down there on 2 yellow buses. The freshmen team was the first team taken down there, and the last team to be brought back to campus. That is 100% fact.
Have you watched an Elder freshman team practice since all three levels were at Dunham?

My outside observation has been that it’s not just football. These 25 kids are pretty much the same ones playing basketball and baseball as well. If you don’t have a name coming out of grade school, it’s very very hard to get noticed there as you’re unlikely to get a real opportunity.
trey = broken record. Wish they still had the old emoji's on here, cue the eye roll.

Does anyone have any clue how the freshman stack up against the rest of the GCL? Who’s had the strongest class coming in?

If you’re not 1st , you’re last ! Simple as it gets ! Most people with any common sense evaluate things in life ! Kids are not going to get hit or be a punching bag per say ! How many of you work a job that treats you like crap ? There has to be a reward in it for everyone in every aspect of life ! Some people are ok being what they are, a contributor to a team. Show up and help everyone else get better ! High school sports and youth sports have a disconnect on how to handle this. Numbers are down across the board in a lot of sports ! There are politics in public/private alike , some schools go about it differently then others ! If Elder was a door mat of GCL, then I would drastically change what they are doing. However they are not , so the wheel keeps turning ! If it’s not broke don’t fix it. Nothing wrong with that if that’s what is going on. Thinking outside the box and finding athletes to play football and other sports gets harder every year ! Time is of the essence ! No one gives 2 craps about freshman or jv records . As Ohhs coach Richmond said, they have had success on the freshman and jv level! It’s not the coaching at ohhs , it’s far deeper then that ! As long as Lasalle is open, Elder and St X are affordable for families , ohhs will never compete in football.

If you’re not 1st , you’re last ! Simple as it gets ! Most people with any common sense evaluate things in life ! Kids are not going to get hit or be a punching bag per say ! How many of you work a job that treats you like crap ? There has to be a reward in it for everyone in every aspect of life ! Some people are ok being what they are, a contributor to a team. Show up and help everyone else get better ! High school sports and youth sports have a disconnect on how to handle this. Numbers are down across the board in a lot of sports ! There are politics in public/private alike , some schools go about it differently then others ! If Elder was a door mat of GCL, then I would drastically change what they are doing. However they are not , so the wheel keeps turning ! If it’s not broke don’t fix it. Nothing wrong with that if that’s what is going on. Thinking outside the box and finding athletes to play football and other sports gets harder every year ! Time is of the essence ! No one gives 2 craps about freshman or jv records . As Ohhs coach Richmond said, they have had success on the freshman and jv level! It’s not the coaching at ohhs , it’s far deeper then that ! As long as Lasalle is open, Elder and St X are affordable for families , ohhs will never compete in football.

Um, ok?

Yeah Nancy , explain to me why freshman football records matter so much. Also explain to me why kids at many schools aren’t participating as much ?

I‘ve never believed freshman or JV records mean a damn thing. Play a bunch of kids and focus on development rather than records at the lower levels. It keeps people engaged to play 4 years.

I‘ve never believed freshman or JV records mean a damn thing. Play a bunch of kids and focus on development rather than records at the lower levels. It keeps people engaged to play 4 years.
A simple I don’t know a reason why kids quit and I’ll just keep kicking rocks, would of been a reasonable response from you. Are you Bipolar ? Have multiple personalities or just a pot stirrer ? I will give you credit you stir the pot well. I’m still trying to figure out your true agenda. You say you come in peace and like Flo in the insurance Commercial you last for about 20 seconds and fall apart .

A simple I don’t know a reason why kids quit and I’ll just keep kicking rocks, would of been a reasonable response from you. Are you Bipolar ? Have multiple personalities or just a pot stirrer ? I will give you credit you stir the pot well. I’m still trying to figure out your true agenda. You say you come in peace and like Flo in the insurance Commercial you last for about 20 seconds and fall apart .

I can understand the pot stirrer argument but not the bipolar one. I’ve been pretty consistent in my platform.

Its just really annoys me when Elder people try to justify some of the things they don’t do well (inclusivity and development, mostly). I think they‘re losing out on a lot of upside by ignoring those two things. I think they’d rather cater to the establishment. Its my opinion. You may not agree, but it’s certainly logical and often repeated by others.

To me, they’re wasting opportunity that so many others have taken advantage of.

In my opinion, it seems Ramsey sees himself as the varsity head football coach and not the CEO of the football program.

I also think Ramsey is a great coach. But I think that difference makes a difference. I think the same could be said for the basketball and baseball head coaches as well. Great individual coaches for their sport, but maybe lacking in strategic infrastructure for their programs?

Or maybe they think that’s the ADs job? And the AD already has a full plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.