Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

It's a nice way to say Parkway doesn't have enough Catholics in the school district. A lot of families from German descent, but Lutheran in background.

Parkway is like Ireland but with German ancestors. Lutherans until you get to Rockford & south in that district as that is the Catholic area.

It's a nice way to say Parkway doesn't have enough Catholics in the school district. A lot of families from German descent, but Lutheran in background.

There is probably a lot of truth in that. As the token Lutheran in Minster, I can relate.

But I think it is more than there doesn't seem to be much interaction between Rockford and a lot of the other MAC towns. Growing up, I never met anyone from the Parkway school district, never met anyone from Parkway at college in Cincinnati, nor at the bars following local bands or disc jockeys. Never encountered any Rockford girls, nor worked with anyone from Rockford/Parkway.

Whereas I have interacted with people from all the MAC towns excep Rockford and Delphos on a weekly, if not daily basis. Can't get away from them. Know these towns like the back of my hand, but Rockford and Delphos are as foreign to me as if there were in Indiana or Michigan.

Macsters are not oversensitive hipster dufuses like in the cities.

Nielsen ratings came out from the weekend and Paw patrol and elmer fudd came in 1-2.

But back to football. Great they are back to work outs. Kids needz and really do, want that structure. Took the boy to lifting this AM, then we did BP and tonight has a ball game. Said he is glad to be busy and has less free time than school year. Said....welcome to HS.

Go MAC.
watch it though you might offend somebody

I wasnt even referring to religion when I typed that but it does fit I guess. I dont really think that that is a big deal. I haven't met very many people from Parkway either but the ones I have were good. I agree that I've never met a St John's person in passing either.

Another thing, Parkway is not a part of the Tri-Star Career Compact like the rest of the Mercer County Schools are. They go to Vantage in Van Wert. That's another reason why we dont meet them as much as we should being in the same county.

1. We will never know that since he didn't stay. Reed probably did benefit, but he has the results to his name. Knew what was happening when he left.
2. Yes, they do, but I specifically said Boys sports. Last year was good to see for the basketball team, but they haven't had much success in that program outside. The wrestling program is young. They are not up to par with the 3 neighboring schools to the West, just yet. They will get there though (if they let us Hoosiers help). Baseball has the most success out of all their boy's sports period.
3. They have good athletes, but I was saying how some of those football glory days members chose to put their kids at other schools. I know of family that were good to great athletes on the women's side who all sent their kids to neighboring schools or further away.
4. Agree with that, but that seems to be the Mercer County folks who are south of Celina. I have Parkway family members on both sides. Personally I'd like to see them leave and beat up on some NWC competition. The main reason is where I live but it really doesn't matter. Probably best if they stay as travel time to see them is shorter in the MAC outside of Versailles and Anna. Too bad Crestview and Parkway couldn't be in the same conference. Since Parkway to the NWC is a no, let's go for Crestview to the MAC! ?
1. "knew what was happening when he left." right. Reed bailed when he looked down the pipe line of classes and saw the lessen talent coming in a few years.
2. Baseball does have the strongest tradition of success of the boys' sports. But the others including track and cross country they are competitive.
3. Every school loses some athletes. Families move. You have an anecdotal example that does not necessarily reflect any large scale movement. Actually Parkway seems to be pretty good at getting people from outside their district to send their kids there.
4. Crestview I would think would be a great fit for the MAC except for the distance to travel. And gosh the religious test some of these folks want to give them.

Parkway people go to Van Wert to shop instead of Celina.
and this is a reason for the them to leave the league. I dont know about that I think for Rockford people its more split. Plus Parkway is very spread out. For alot of Willshire people Decatur is closer and then their is Mendon who knows where they go.

Parkway people go to Van Wert to shop instead of Celina.
That's not quite true, people near Willshire or state line might go to Decatur, with business moving to the north side of Van Wert, it actually seems closer and more convenient to go Celina. I know Celina has more and better restaurants.

I wasnt even referring to religion when I typed that but it does fit I guess. I dont really think that that is a big deal. I haven't met very many people from Parkway either but the ones I have were good. I agree that I've never met a St John's person in passing either.

Another thing, Parkway is not a part of the Tri-Star Career Compact like the rest of the Mercer County Schools are. They go to Vantage in Van Wert. That's another reason why we dont meet them as much as we should being in the same county.
gosh I didn't know Fort Loramie was part of Tri-Star. Did they also pick up Versailles and Anna?

Maybe you ought to get out of Coldwater once in while, meet some people and expand your horizons, there is a big world out there. If you go to Delphos, make sure you go the Creamery.

gosh I think OCL Warrior's point was "He was pointing out that two MAC members aren't part of it, but you have no problem with that nor a school that you and others have been cheerleading for. "
Thanks captain obvious. Do I have a problem with those two not being in it? NO. Do I have a problem with Parkway not being a part of it? NO. Just pointed out for the record that they're the only MC school not in the Tri-Star Career Compact. Nothing wrong with just stating something. But you can't say anything on here without some butthurt poster giving you crap.

Thanks captain obvious. Do I have a problem with those two not being in it? NO. Do I have a problem with Parkway not being a part of it? NO. Just pointed out for the record that they're the only MC school not in the Tri-Star Career Compact. Nothing wrong with just stating something. But you can't say anything on here without some butthurt poster giving you crap.
gosh a ruddies I have found it best just to be quite literal with you. since from your comment to Mr. OCL reflected a lack of comprehension. And I am not the one who brought up Parkway not being part of Tri Star as a reason they were some way strange, beyond the pale and unworthy of membership in the MAC.

Jeez, lets change the topic maybe? Who would like this to happen: Fort Loramie pushes Anna to join the MAC in all sports so then FL can do the same? Then maybe drop someone like a PW or DSJ, then it would be good. I know FL doesnt have a 10 game schedule yet for next year since they are independent, having to drive across the state to play some games and to make 10 games, they will probably have to drive over state lines at some point

Jeez, lets change the topic maybe? Who would like this to happen: Fort Loramie pushes Anna to join the MAC in all sports so then FL can do the same? Then maybe drop someone like a PW or DSJ, then it would be good. I know FL doesnt have a 10 game schedule yet for next year since they are independent, having to drive across the state to play some games and to make 10 games, they will probably have to drive over state lines at some point
That's fine except the MAC won't drop anybody unless given a reason to. So I'm not going to get my hopes up for that.

Change the topic? You really want to go back to this song and dance? This is a sore subject to regurgitate on this forum. Go back in the history of the past year or more to catch up. Other wise, don't ask.

what an example of ignorance and arrogance. "maybe drop someone like a PW or DSJ" Why not screw over one charter and one long time member of the MAC for the benefit of one non member and one slightly a kind of a member MAC.

jeez, 'get up your hopes for that." Your wish obviously to throw Parkway out of the League.
wow so hostile!!i didn't mean to hurt your feelings when I said MAYBE get rid of parkway and st johns. dont have to at all, but i think adding those 2 other schools will strengthen the conference even more. And why not throw a parkway out or DSJ out? yeah they might be long-time members, but how do they relate to the other schools? FL and Anna at least have friends and know people from the MAC communities so it would be a really good fit to add them in. But again, sorry for offending you, my condolences :)

That's not quite true, people near Willshire or state line might go to Decatur, with business moving to the north side of Van Wert, it actually seems closer and more convenient to go Celina. I know Celina has more and better restaurants.
it wouldn't be hard to have more and better restaurants than Van Wert.

wow so hostile!!i didn't mean to hurt your feelings when I said MAYBE get rid of parkway and st johns. dont have to at all, but i think adding those 2 other schools will strengthen the conference even more. And why not throw a parkway out or DSJ out? yeah they might be long-time members, but how do they relate to the other schools? FL and Anna at least have friends and know people from the MAC communities so it would be a really good fit to add them in. But again, sorry for offending you, my condolences :)
You folks seem to think there is some kind of Iron Curtain between Parkway and the rest of the MAC. That might be based on your own limited experience but that hardly makes it true. Gosh just take the Parkway HS. the previous HS principal and superintendent Greg Puthof from St. Henry and had worked at Marion. Alan Post the Vo ag teacher and Gina Jacobs the LD teachers both from Coldwater. Over the years quite a few going from other MAC districts to or from Parkway. Throwing Parkway or a school with the tradition of Delphos St. John for those two Johnny Come Latelys would be a big mistake.