Elder Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don’t have to explain anything to you. You are a nobody.

Typical. Just like EP, always willing to throw in snide comments, but never willing to answer any logical questions.

Tells me all I need to know - as long as little johnny gets to play and pick the sports he wants, who cares what the results are.

Typical. Just like EP, always willing to throw in snide comments, but never willing to answer any logical questions.

Tells me all I need to know - as long as little johnny gets to play and pick the sports he wants, who cares what the results are.
His response fits your narrative. So what's the problem?

??? I do post in the other forums. I just happen to care more about Elder.

Let me say very plainly, I don’t have all the answers, I can’t do a better job than the coaches. I’m just giving you an honest opinion of what I see and possible solutions to issues. Despite my difference with the Admin, I don’t hate anyone, I don’t want anyone fired. I just want Elder to be as successful as possible.
You don’t care about Elder ! Your not passionate about Elder ! You may praise a win but you are quick to find all the wrong that’s going on. You act like these kids don’t go to camps, extra practices/ workouts , strength conditioning etc. If you want Elder to be successful, then grab a paddle and start paddling ! Your throwing water in the boat! Your opinions, honest or maybe even correct to a point , don’t matter. Go look at each sport male/ female and see what schools are typically in state tournaments. Elder as a whole is doing good. You would maybe have a valid opinion if the basketball lost every year at sectionals or had below .500 record consistently . Judging off what Moeller has or hasn’t done is silly! You’ve posted about other schools and hoping they have no success at all ! Why do you wish high school kids fail or not successful ?? That is where I will say you have a problem! Wishing bad on others is just flat out wrong ! Especially when it’s 14-19 year old kids and a few younger men that are a bit older.

Also, as an outsider, I would think Elder would be interested into why outsiders aren't drawn to their school. I'm giving you the playbook as to how outsiders view certain sports practices and lack of diversity as a means of appeasing an established core.

If they don't care, that's fine. It's their right to run their school they way they see fit. But don't play this holier than thou, purity act while you're doing it. It's pretty clear why they're doing things certain ways.

Do you have a school list / directory of the students at Elder ? Do you truly known who’s an outsider to Elder ? I think you don’t have a damn clue! Elder markets themselves to whomever is interested in coming there ! There are several public schools nearby that need your assistance and attention more so then Elder.

People keep telling me all of these things I write are wrong, yet are unwilling to tell me why results are relatively average each year. If all the basketball players are doing this, how are they not getting better? This is usually where Mad Dog disappears.

It seems to me that most people are OK with the basketball program being average as long as their kid gets to play. That seems to be another theme no one is willing to admit.
We’ve already discussed talent issues and transition of football as a priority among the best athletes in the school’s recruiting base.

Yeah, we all have kids on the team and want to keep it for ourselves. You found us out! Lolololol

This is where you call everyone racist. Fun cycle.

Also, as an outsider, I would think Elder would be interested into why outsiders aren't drawn to their school. I'm giving you the playbook as to how outsiders view certain sports practices and lack of diversity as a means of appeasing an established core.

If they don't care, that's fine. It's their right to run their school they way they see fit. But don't play this holier than thou, purity act while you're doing it. It's pretty clear why they're doing things certain ways.

guys, trey has given us this playbook on how to attract non-feeder kids and save the school. I guess we have to cut the holier than thou act now. lol

I’ve literally addressed all your questions. The snide comments are a bonus. Also, it’s not like you don’t make them to me and others (in fact, you outright mock the school, passive aggressively label everyone racist, and call names quite often), so you can’t be holier than thou. Lol.

Last edited:

you didn’t ask a logical question. You said there’s no offseason program when there is. You spread fake news. 10 of the 12 kids on the team played aau last year. They can shoot before school or after school. Open gyms after school or evenings. Two strength coaches with sport specific workouts. 10 coaching days allowed in June. In July aau comes back or fall sports start. Pretty much the same thing that all the schools do. Any kid in the school can do these things. 4 kids who didn’t make a team last year made it this year between JV and varsity. That’s a lot. Any other fake news do you want me to shoot down?
Only one real difference between us and other schools is we support multi sport athletes and the other schools want specialization.

Then why doesn't the team get better year over year?

What if every school does these things? Someone still has to lose every game that is played. You do realize some schools work hard and still lose sometimes right?

Do you think there are some colleges that don’t work hard? Every college for the most part does the same thing in the off-season. Yet some still have to lose when the season rolls around.

It’s hilarious Trey thinks everyone’s motive here is so their “little Johnny” can play on the team. Lol.

I played for Elder, my dad, brothers, uncles everyone did. But not one coach has asked me which teams they should save a spot for my kids. I feel so disrespected! According to Trey, I should be picking the teams! This is krap! No one has included me on the big conspiracy to cut Treys kid so mine can start at every sport!

I played for Elder, my dad, brothers, uncles everyone did. But not one coach has asked me which teams they should save a spot for my kids. I feel so disrespected! According to Trey, I should be picking the teams! This is krap! No one has included me on the big conspiracy to cut Treys kid so mine can start at every sport!
I played for joe back in the day as well. My kids don’t even attend Elder. And I can assure everyone, Joe would never let anyone pick his team for him, nor would he ever hold spots for legacy kids. It’s a completely idiotic accusation.

Last edited:
What if every school does these things? Someone still has to lose every game that is played. You do realize some schools work hard and still lose sometimes right?

Do you think there are some colleges that don’t work hard? Every college for the most part does the same thing in the off-season. Yet some still have to lose when the season rolls around.
Yeah, the talent pool is the real differentiator. Everyone with a brain knows this. Just like the Reds would have sucked with 9 Ryan Freels on the team, trying hard is great and makes everyone feel good but if you don’t have talent you won’t consistently win.

44 pages of uselessness from trey for a school he claims to have no affiliation with. That’s a special kind of wacko. I’m going to take someone’s advice and use the ignore button. Let’s talk basketball.

you didn’t ask a logical question. You said there’s no offseason program when there is. You spread fake news. 10 of the 12 kids on the team played aau last year. They can shoot before school or after school. Open gyms after school or evenings. Two strength coaches with sport specific workouts. 10 coaching days allowed in June. In July aau comes back or fall sports start. Pretty much the same thing that all the schools do. Any kid in the school can do these things. 4 kids who didn’t make a team last year made it this year between JV and varsity. That’s a lot. Any other fake news do you want me to shoot down?
Only one real difference between us and other schools is we support multi sport athletes and the other schools want specialization.

Again, then why aren't they getting better year over year if all of this is happening? That's not a legitimate question to ask? And if your response is "because most everyone is playing and getting ready for football", then why should that be the peak of the basketball program? As a former player, wouldn't you expect better?

Yeah, the talent pool is the real differentiator. Everyone with a brain knows this. Just like the Reds would have sucked with 9 Ryan Freels on the team, trying hard is great and makes everyone feel good but if you don’t have talent you won’t consistently win.

The only school that is pulling in significantly better talent is Moeller. This narrative that all of these great athletes are keeping Elder basketball down is complete bullsh*t. The schools that have been ahead of them over the past 10-15 years have kids just like Elder does. You want to talk about a narrative, this is biggest one perpetuated by the multi-sport families to ensure their proper pick of the litter.

Again, then why aren't they getting better year over year if all of this is happening? That's not a legitimate question to ask? And if your response is "because most everyone is playing and getting ready for football", then why should that be the peak of the basketball program? As a former player, wouldn't you expect better?
You are a former nobody to the school , so why do you expect better ?

High school Northern Ohio. College locally. Been in Cincy for roughly 20 years, give or take. This has been known for years.

I don't have to answer your questions.

The only school that is pulling in significantly better talent is Moeller. This narrative that all of these great athletes are keeping Elder basketball down is complete bullsh*t. The schools that have been ahead of them over the past 10-15 years have kids just like Elder does. You want to talk about a narrative, this is biggest one perpetuated by the multi-sport families to ensure their proper pick of the litter.
That’s bs. I mean the record reflects the talent. It really is the biggest differentiator. Joe as coach will always make them respectable, but he can’t overcome the lack of talent.

High school Northern Ohio. College locally. Been in Cincy for roughly 20 years, give or take. This has been known for years.

I don't have to answer your questions.
So defensive when I’m curious to your back round in high school, which for what ever reason you will not say where ? Locally you went to college but won’t say ? Do you not support your high school or college ?

Lack of talent.

3 different posters literally just explained it to you. You really are stupid.

That’s bs. I mean the record reflects the talent. It really is the biggest differentiator. Joe as coach will always make them respectable, but he can’t overcome the lack of talent.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think it's BS that people say all of these other teams have so much more talent than Elder. I don't see it. Moeller absolutely does, and the prep schools they played absolutely do, but every other school is just like Elder is terms of what they have to work with.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think it's BS that people say all of these other teams have so much more talent than Elder. I don't see it. Moeller absolutely does, and the prep schools they played absolutely do, but every other school is just like Elder is terms of what they have to work with.
Elder’s talent is young and inexperienced right now. It’s not a surprise where they are.

In any event, based on comments, it’s obvious they run the program similar to others, so that narrative is bs. What’s the other variable? Talent...and it’s the most important one.

Last edited:
So defensive when I’m curious to your back round in high school, which for what ever reason you will not say where ? Locally you went to college but won’t say ? Do you not support your high school or college ?

I moved here for college. Stuck around because I liked the community feel of Cincinnati. I had friends that went to Elder and through hanging out with them I got a taste of it and thought it was pretty cool.

Over the years, my opinion is that athletics on the westside, both at the grade school and high school level, is driven alot by long-time relationships and friends taking care of each other rather than truly finding the best players. Like minded people who will do whatever it takes to take care of their own. I've seen it first hand mostly with baseball, and in other instances with schools, but others have told me basketball can be the same way. To be honest, what I've heard seems to be backed up by what I see. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, I know this exists everywhere, but it's completely over the top here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.