2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

There are always excuses. The team is flat out poorly coached and nothing will change until that’s addressed. Samuels getting 0 touches yesterday is just one of many examples.

You guys ready for the Red Rifle in prime time ?

The first record noted (8-31) is Marvin Lewis’ overall primetime record from the past 15 seasons, including the postseason.

The latter (5-19) is the record of Andy Dalton in the same limelight. While both the coach and quarterback are known as overall winners, their respective failures in these big games are major blemishes on their resumes.

How pizzed off will you guys be if the Stillers go 0-4 ?

It is def time to make a change. The big three on offense are all gone, remains to be seen if the QB will pan out, and we weren't going anyway anyways this month.

Just need to suck it up this year, get something in the draft, and move on with a new staff.

Does make SUndays less stressful when you know you have zero chance of going anywhere so now I know how Cleveland and cincy felt so often over the years.

Does make SUndays less stressful when you know you have zero chance of going anywhere so now I know how Cleveland and cincy felt so often over the years.

You'll get no sympathy here. Your team feasted, for YEARS, off of facing the likes of Charlie Frye, Brady Quinn, Dolt McBoy, Brandon Weeden & Johnny Manziel....OUR turn.

I think that the league is better when the Dolphins are competitive. That draft pick will help them.

Rudolph looked decent against that crap Bungles team. He may be a viable replacement for Ben.

Rudolph looked decent against that crap Bungles team. He may be a viable replacement for Ben.

He looked like Colt McCoy, dinking & dunking his way down the field. Their defense is going to have to keep them in games because they have NO offensive weapons that anyone fears or has to game plan for.

You guys ready for the Red Rifle in prime time ?

How pizzed off will you guys be if the Stillers go 0-4 ?
If you played a drinking game for how often booger said Red Rifle you would be hammered.

They need to get rid, or curtail, booge. He talks too damned much. He doesn't need to do in depth analysis for each freaking play.

STeelers did what they had to do got get past this week but will need to do much better.
Bengals offense week 1 looked extremely good and I thought this was going to be a revival for them but wow....they are b a d.

Rudolph has had success throwing it deep. For whatever reason Fichtner is handling him with kid gloves.

It was good to see Jaylen Samuels get touches this week. Not sure why they didn’t get him any last week.

Dionte Johnson is looking better and better each week. He could be the next stud WR.

He looked like Colt McCoy, dinking & dunking his way down the field. Their defense is going to have to keep them in games because they have NO offensive weapons that anyone fears or has to game plan for.

That's where you start. Nothing like a bunch of paycheck players to build a kid's confidence. Play-calling will change. He obviously has more arm than Dolt McBoy.

His next opponent will make him beat them deep, and we'll see more.

If you played a drinking game for how often booger said Red Rifle you would be hammered.

They need to get rid, or curtail, booge. He talks too damned much. He doesn't need to do in depth analysis for each freaking play.

STeelers did what they had to do got get past this week but will need to do much better.
Bengals offense week 1 looked extremely good and I thought this was going to be a revival for them but wow....they are b a d.

Booger is bad. Bungles are bad.

Rudolph has had success throwing it deep. For whatever reason Fichtner is handling him with kid gloves.

It was good to see Jaylen Samuels get touches this week. Not sure why they didn’t get him any last week.

Dionte Johnson is looking better and better each week. He could be the next stud WR.

Baby-bad opponent was perfect for baby steps. The more short-quick throws you make in game, the better timing will be in the games that those will save him. I'd call the same game if I could do it and win. Build the base.

How is the Ravens’ Earl Thomas still in the game after that Rockem-Sockem Robots hit on Mason Rudolph ? That could not be more blatant.

Ouch, Steelers seem to find a way to lose recently. That said I think this defense can be pretty good. If the Browns lose tomorrow ...who knows. I don’t see anyone running away with this.

Last edited:
Ouch, Steelers seem to find a way to lose recently. That said I think this defense can be pretty good. If the Browns lose tomorrow ...who knows. I don’t see anyone running away with this.

Steelers are garbage without Roethlisberger and even with him, not a playoff team. So are the Ravens (garbage). Wouldn't get lulled into a false sense of security with a close loss to a one dimensional (offensively) Ravens team that plays no defense and a blowout victory over one of the bottom three teams in the league. With upcoming games against the Chargers, Colts, Rams and Browns I can see 8 losses mounting up very quickly.

Steelers are garbage without Roethlisberger and even with him, not a playoff team. So are the Ravens (garbage). Wouldn't get lulled into a false sense of security with a close loss to a one dimensional (offensively) Ravens team that plays no defense and a blowout victory over one of the bottom three teams in the league. With upcoming games against the Chargers, Colts, Rams and Browns I can see 8 losses mounting up very quickly.
Ok just trying to keep hope alive. It’s not out of the question that the Browns might lose their next 3 either.

I disagree. If Ben were healthy Steelers would be at least 3-2 at this point. If he come back up to speed next year and they Draft or acquire through FA
a WR or two they will be back in the thick of things in 2020/2021.

Differing after winning the coin toss in OT is just peak Tomlin lunacy. Does he think he's coaching the Pitt Panthers?

Differing after winning the coin toss in OT is just peak Tomlin lunacy. Does he think he's coaching the Pitt Panthers?

Kind of questionable but it sounds like he had more faith in his defense vs Baltimore's offense than he did in a 3rd string QB and Pittsburgh's offense. Guess the thinking was "if we can stop their offense, make them punt and get a short field, we may be in position for a FG to win it" versus Pittsburgh doing the same (3 and out with a short field for Baltimore).

Kind of questionable but it sounds like he had more faith in his defense vs Baltimore's offense than he did in a 3rd string QB and Pittsburgh's offense. Guess the thinking was "if we can stop their offense, make them punt and get a short field, we may be in position for a FG to win it" versus Pittsburgh doing the same (3 and out with a short field for Baltimore).

He actually won the field position battle in forcing a punt.....until the turnover......