Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Is NO ONE broadcasting the ML game tomorrow night? WCSM is not carrying it...is there anyone else covering it?? Bad enough I'm stuck in non-high-school-football-loving NC, now I can't even LISTEN to my sorely-missed Flyers!

Is it true that Anna has only ever won 2 playoff games?
Yes.
2-11.

1-6 before joining the MAC and then people said they needed better competition during the season to have better playoff success.
1-5 since joining the league, and 3 of those 5 losses were against CW (2) and MSML (1).

...but this year will be different.

Why would ML fans think anyone is going to feel sorry for them ? CW has a classy coach their fans could learn a lesson from him at least the ones on Yappi.
I'm not going to speak for Cavman. I will say this. Have not seen one positive remark about their football team from MSML fans. Maybe that's what he was saying. Yes. Marion Local is used to winning and in large chunks. But alot of "we aren't good" comments consistently turns into a feel that MSML Yappi members may want people to feel bad for them this year? Or to take it easy on their season?

I am personally not buying it. As I have stated on other boards. Marion Local may not win the MAC, but I would bet the farm on their D7 playoff run to be long and prosperous. I always look forward to hearing about MAC teams in action and will keep up with you all being the gold standard of small school football. Alot of great teams and good to see "area" teams make a run. Good Luck to Marion Local and all the MAC teams out there (unless they are playing my Knights of course!).

Yes.
2-11.

1-6 before joining the MAC and then people said they needed better competition during the season to have better playoff success.
1-5 since joining the league, and 3 of those 5 losses were against CW (2) and MSML (1).

they are a pretty good team...return a bunch of starters from last year

? Oh, Marion fans. I have news for you, and you guys aren't used to this. If you guys get beat, believe me, no one will feel sorry for you. Trust us. We know, especially the last few years.

No one cries for the guy with the bull's eye, unfortunately.

Realistically, I'm not accusing Mr. Goodwin of bearing false witness. But we play in week 10, and I'll believe this when I see it.

"especially the last few years."

Oh come on lol. You went 10-3 last year. 9-4 in 2017. And was State Runners up in 2016. Must be rough lol....

"especially the last few years."

Oh come on lol. You went 10-3 last year. 9-4 in 2017. And was State Runners up in 2016. Must be rough lol....
Winning creates a sense of entitlement and I am not too arrogant to admit that Coldwater folks suffer from it, myself included. When I look at the last couple of years and see less than a state title it bums you out, but when you look big picture you realize it is pretty damned good and something to be proud of.

But BigPHS, don't think that St. Henry wasn't afflicted with the same thing, as they were just as Coldwater (and every successful program, even MSML) will eventually succumb to it as well.

I'm not going to speak for Cavman. I will say this. Have not seen one positive remark about their football team from MSML fans. Maybe that's what he was saying. Yes. Marion Local is used to winning and in large chunks. But alot of "we aren't good" comments consistently turns into a feel that MSML Yappi members may want people to feel bad for them this year? Or to take it easy on their season?

I am personally not buying it. As I have stated on other boards. Marion Local may not win the MAC, but I would bet the farm on their D7 playoff run to be long and prosperous. I always look forward to hearing about MAC teams in action and will keep up with you all being the gold standard of small school football. Alot of great teams and good to see "area" teams make a run. Good Luck to Marion Local and all the MAC teams out there (unless they are playing my Knights of course!).
First ML has to make the play offs, second yes ML does have different standards when it comes to winning compared to other schools who may be just happy to make the play offs ( although I think it would be quite the accomplishment for ML to make the play offs this season considering their schedule ). Third where has any Flyer posters posted ML was not going to be any good this year. I have said 5 - 5 or 6 - 4 which considering the talent they lost from last season I think would be a good year. 4th If ML was in the NWC instead of the MAC yeah I would predict 8 - 2 or better but their not. Lastly I could care less what you "feel" but no one from ML expects anyone to feel bad for them. Actually I feel bad for New Bremen that they do not get to play ML this year, I think it would be a completive game.

Winning creates a sense of entitlement and I am not too arrogant to admit that Coldwater folks suffer from it, myself included. When I look at the last couple of years and see less than a state title it bums you out, but when you look big picture you realize it is pretty damned good and something to be proud of.

But BigPHS, don't think that St. Henry wasn't afflicted with the same thing, as they were just as Coldwater (and every successful program, even MSML) will eventually succumb to it as well.

I totally agree with you, but acting like the "last few years" were trying times for Coldwater is laughable. Until you guys have a string of actual down years like we had, Versailles and St.Johns are currently having.

I know we are spoiled in this area but making a comment about how no one will feel sorry for you just increases that sense of entitlement.

I totally agree with you, but acting like the "last few years" were trying times for Coldwater is laughable. Until you guys have a string of actual down years like we had, Versailles and St.Johns are currently having.

I know we are spoiled in this area but making a comment about how no one will feel sorry for you just increases that sense of entitlement.
Like SH has had ? The last 3 seasons SH has been 8 - 2, 6 - 4, and 7 - 3. Not bad for being down. However as long as Otten is coaching at CW and Goodwin at ML, I doubt if either team will go through a long "'down" period.

First ML has to make the play offs, second yes ML does have different standards when it comes to winning compared to other schools who may be just happy to make the play offs ( although I think it would be quite the accomplishment for ML to make the play offs this season considering their schedule ). Third where has any Flyer posters posted ML was not going to be any good this year. I have said 5 - 5 or 6 - 4 which considering the talent they lost from last season I think would be a good year. 4th If ML was in the NWC instead of the MAC yeah I would predict 8 - 2 or better but their not. Lastly I could care less what you "feel" but no one from ML expects anyone to feel bad for them. Actually I feel bad for New Bremen that they do not get to play ML this year, I think it would be a completive game.
Yeah. Again. No one is predicting them to win the MAC. You can get on here and rant all you want. I could care less what you "feel" your record is going to be either. It's sad to come on all butthurt and scream that you'll be 5-5. You make it so people think you FEEL sorry for yourself.

Yeah. Again. No one is predicting them to win the MAC. You can get on here and rant all you want. I could care less what you "feel" your record is going to be either. It's sad to come on all butthurt and scream that you'll be 5-5. You make it so people think you FEEL sorry for yourself.
I like how some posters think they know what other posters are thinking. I know what ML football was like before Goodwin took over decent but not great. The Flyers have won 10 State Championships under Goodwin and if we never win another one, I really could care less because I can remember before Goodwin how I thought it would great to have a program like Versailles or SH. Not only under Goodwin did the Flyers match those two programs ( Tigerball with Hetrich and SH from 1990 till 06 ) he may even done better. I am a very content Flyer fan.

Like SH has had ? The last 3 seasons SH has been 8 - 2, 6 - 4, and 7 - 3. Not bad for being down. However as long as Otten is coaching at CW and Goodwin at ML, I doubt if either team will go through a long "'down" period.
Had is the word to remember here. 2010 3-7 2011 1-9 2013 4-6 2014 6-4 2015 6-4. That is a lot worse stretch than anything Coldwater has had in the last 20+ years.

Heads would roll if a stretch like that happened in either Coldwater or Maria Stein.

Had is the word to remember here. 2010 3-7 2011 1-9 2013 4-6 2014 6-4 2015 6-4. That is a lot worse stretch than anything Coldwater has had in the last 20+ years.

Heads would roll if a stretch like that happened in either Coldwater or Maria Stein.
Can't speak for Coldwater but Goodwin at ML will have a job as long as he wishes no matter the record. As far as SH goes the Skins did win 2 State Championships under Starkey kind of hard to fire a coach who accomplished that.

I am old enough to remember the dark days of Coldwater football and I wish that on no one, well maybe Kenton, so that is why I never take anything for granted. One has a different perspective when you see the bottom.

but that is in the past, sort of!

GOodluck to all the MAC teams this weekend. I see in The Daily Slander that Anna was picked (by the coaches???, don't know) to win the league this year and that likely is going to be the case and improve on their 2-11 playoff record.

Anna
Ft Rec

Everyone else I presume. BY the way GOodwin was talking on the radio yesterday, I project they get 4-5 wins.

I am old enough to remember the dark days of Coldwater football and I wish that on no one, well maybe Kenton, so that is why I never take anything for granted. One has a different perspective when you see the bottom.

but that is in the past, sort of!

GOodluck to all the MAC teams this weekend. I see in The Daily Slander that Anna was picked (by the coaches???, don't know) to win the league this year and that likely is going to be the case and improve on their 2-11 playoff record.

Anna
Ft Rec

Everyone else I presume. BY the way GOodwin was talking on the radio yesterday, I project they get 4-5 wins.
Fort Recovery better shore up their defense if they expect to challenge for a championship, MAC or State.

They can't win every game via a shootout.

Can't speak for Coldwater but Goodwin at ML will have a job as long as he wishes no matter the record. As far as SH goes the Skins did win 2 State Championships under Starkey kind of hard to fire a coach who accomplished that.
Heads would roll was the wrong expression to use, that on me. I meant that people outside the program would lose their minds.
This isn't a shot at Starkey, but a monkey could have coached those two teams to State Championships.

Yes.
2-11.

That is why I say coaching is far more important than competition. Yes, playing tough competition can be beneficial, but it's largely coaching, along with having some talent of course. Look at Kirtland. They haven't played a schedule nearly as daunting as the MAC, yet they are batting .500 against the MAC in the finals. And that's against Marion Local, Coldwater and Minster. How do they hang with the MAC after playing a much weaker schedule? LaVerde......

Coldwater 21
Kenton 0

Defensive line is doing a good job disrupting Blaine Hustons reads. Kenton has had a few drives but have shot themselves in the foot. We left one score on the one. Overall not too bad.