St. Ignatius priest has been placed administrative leave

Yeah, hilarious for Mojo to sit here and act like they enforce the zero tolerance policy, in a thread that shows them not enforcing it. Disgusting that Mojo excuses this type of behavior from the Archdiocese.
I’m trying really hard to see his POV, and I believe he’s so passionate about the Faith, he cannot see these incidents rationally.

The Diocese as an Institution, isn’t going anywhere. However, the people in charge need to be replaced with people who will uphold the values of the faith.

Did any of you older guys graduate with him? I wonder if he has always been a creep.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The parishes should be run by the parishioners. I'm sure there's a model out there somewhere. The Catholic community of people is a superb group of people.

All of this "canon law" nonsense and requirements dictated by a corrupt organization should be put down. We can still practice a positive, productive, and collaborative Catholic faith without the interference of the mob.

Catholics needs to wake up. You're not a sheep required to obey to go to heaven. Fight back.

According to that article, Fr. Drew was placed on administrative leave on Tuesday, July 23 but no announcement was made until Sunday, July 28 and then it was only done in the most cryptic way possible at Sunday masses. Then apparently no one on staff was told the full reason for his leave until the morning of Monday, July 29. Parishioners found out later that night. If the archdiocese needed to wait 5-6 days to tell parishioners why this move was made they should have everything under control. It's clear they don't.

Adding to the timeline, it took 8 days for the archbishop to make a statement. That letter, sent to all St. Ignatius parishioners, is here on WCPO's website: https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...urning-to-st-ignatius-will-undergo-assessment

It took the archbishop 8 days to write a 4 paragraph letter. He did not attend the meeting at St. Ignatius on Monday night. His lack of leadership in times like this is stunning, but not surprising.

Geoff taught at Elder before he became a priest. He was weird and we called him "Ghee-Off". The comment from earlier about allowing priests to marry is not to "convert" gay/ priests to heterosexuality. It's to have a larger pool of priests whose sexuality is not the main reason they escape to the priesthood. Look, Mr. Hilvert said it best...people like Geoff feel abnormal so they seek normalcy via an occupation. Why did Geoff seek out an all boys school to teach at? These people are bathed in a religion that tells them that homosexuality is evil, so they try to assuage that by repressing it and joining a respectable occupation.

As for pedophilia, the Church and its members should be held accountable in criminal court. Not sure what Geoff did, but the Church hasn't learned its lesson if they are still quietly shifting these guys around. But why wouldn't they? You all who willingly give money at the collection each week and/or pay tuition to Catholic schools are giving your tacit approval, end of story. Want it to end? Stop complaining and put your money where your mouths are...

Any idea what year(s) he was on the faculty at Elder? In the 90s he was the music director at St. Jude. It looks like he's been an employee of the Archdiocese pretty much his entire adult life. I wonder if there were any allegations of impropriety from before his ordination.

Any idea what year(s) he was on the faculty at Elder? In the 90s he was the music director at St. Jude. It looks like he's been an employee of the Archdiocese pretty much his entire adult life. I wonder if there were any allegations of impropriety from before his ordination.

My guess is circa 1984 to at least 1990.

This photo of Geoff from the 1986 Elderado says he started at Elder in 1983.
Geoff 86.jpg

Geoff taught at Elder before he became a priest. He was weird and we called him "Ghee-Off". The comment from earlier about allowing priests to marry is not to "convert" gay/ priests to heterosexuality. It's to have a larger pool of priests whose sexuality is not the main reason they escape to the priesthood. Look, Mr. Hilvert said it best...people like Geoff feel abnormal so they seek normalcy via an occupation. Why did Geoff seek out an all boys school to teach at? These people are bathed in a religion that tells them that homosexuality is evil, so they try to assuage that by repressing it and joining a respectable occupation.

As for pedophilia, the Church and its members should be held accountable in criminal court. Not sure what Geoff did, but the Church hasn't learned its lesson if they are still quietly shifting these guys around. But why wouldn't they? You all who willingly give money at the collection each week and/or pay tuition to Catholic schools are giving your tacit approval, end of story. Want it to end? Stop complaining and put your money where your mouths are...

Post of the week.

So, I guess I am delusional because I want the full story. Maybe I missed something while on vacation last week. We do have "zero tolerance" in place. If it is not being followed then I agree with those who say we must "clean house". What do the text say? I am sorry that asking that simple question causes heartburn to several posters. If the St. Max's issue is that he texted a kid and said "I play (name a stupid video game) too. We should play some time". That would be a concern, and stupid in this day and age, but probably not actionable. If it said, "come to the rectory tonight so we can play" then that is another matter. If it says "send me some naked pictures" then lock the up.

Those who do not believe a new day has dawned ignore the fact that this was self disclosed, the authorities were alerted and this type of behavior will not be tolerated. I know that none of that will matter to the haters who post here.

So, I guess I am delusional because I want the full story. Maybe I missed something while on vacation last week. We do have "zero tolerance" in place. If it is not being followed then I agree with those who say we must "clean house". What do the text say? I am sorry that asking that simple question causes heartburn to several posters. If the St. Max's issue is that he texted a kid and said "I play (name a stupid video game) too. We should play some time". That would be a concern, and stupid in this day and age, but probably not actionable. If it said, "come to the rectory tonight so we can play" then that is another matter. If it says "send me some naked pictures" then lock the up.

Those who do not believe a new day has dawned ignore the fact that this was self disclosed, the authorities were alerted and this type of behavior will not be tolerated. I know that none of that will matter to the haters who post here.
The whole no sex priest ,pope ,cardinal, them being put so high on the holiness chart is flat out spooky....now go say the rosary and all will be fine mojo

Mojo, I want to agree with you, but as always the archdiocese continues to be their own worst enemy. The opportunity for them to get the benefit of the doubt would have been publicly disclosing the situation at St. Max, not saying "No crime was committed. Transfer him." That was the time for him to take a leave (call it a sabbatical), get counseling and perhaps be removed from parish/school ministry for a period of time. Then after a few years of clean behavior (call it penance or probation) you consider a new parish assignment. You do not immediately transfer him to the parish with the largest K-8 grade school in the city.

Mojo, I want to agree with you, but as always the archdiocese continues to be their own worst enemy. The opportunity for them to get the benefit of the doubt would have been publicly disclosing the situation at St. Max, not saying "No crime was committed. Transfer him." That was the time for him to take a leave (call it a sabbatical), get counseling and perhaps be removed from parish/school ministry for a period of time. Then after a few years of clean behavior (call it penance or probation) you consider a new parish assignment. You do not immediately transfer him to the parish with the largest K-8 grade school in the city.
It's hard to trust the archdiocese when they exercise this type of judgement. Your post it spot on from my perspective.

Hold on here for a minute...we're debating what the texts said now? This is a guy who already has been reprimanded for having inappropriate conversations and who knows what else previously. There is ZERO reason for a priest to have a grade school kids phone number, let alone sending him inappropriate text messages. Even a simple, "hi, how are you" should have never happened and been grounds for potential arrest or at a minimum, dismissal, with his past transgressions.

These are kids. The adults have to be the firm hand of authority in protecting them. And "giving the benefit of the doubt" doesn't cut it anymore.

There should be multiple people held accountable for this, but it will get swept away, and will communicate another holier than thou reason as to why. They are implicit in evil, evil things, the worst of things, and people still give them "the benefit of the doubt". Catholics are stupid. The benefit of the doubt went away a long time ago.

There is zero reason this guy should ever be considered for anything ever again except locked up in a place where he can't harm anyone.

Post of the week.

The truth finally comes out. OSP wants to boycott Elder and destroy the school to get back at the Church. He is an anti-Elder troll who is only here to stir up controversy and damage Elder.

The truth finally comes out. OSP wants to boycott Elder and destroy the school to get back at the Church. He is an anti-Elder troll who is only here to stir up controversy and damage Elder.

You're a damn lunatic, and possibly, with how much you back this garbage, are complicit if you even remotely stick up for, in any way, these soul stealing demons in our society. The type of evil that preaches what they preach at the pulpit, and in the shadows commit the most heinous acts I can think of on innocent little kids. It's pure predatory evil, the worst of the worst....and you back it.

There's nothing you can say about me that even enters that stratosphere.

Hold on here for a minute...we're debating what the texts said now? This is a guy who already has been reprimanded for having inappropriate conversations and who knows what else previously. There is ZERO reason for a priest to have a grade school kids phone number, let alone sending him inappropriate text messages. Even a simple, "hi, how are you" should have never happened and been grounds for potential arrest or at a minimum, dismissal, with his past transgressions.
Yes, you are officially off the deep end now. Please cite the ORC section that deals with criminal greetings. Would the "hi, how are you" constitute a felony or a misdemeanor under your make believe law? Is "what did you have for lunch" covered by this imaginary law? It goes without saying that you would criminalize "nice gym shoes. where did you get them?".

You're a damn lunatic, and possibly, with how much you back this garbage, are complicit if you even remotely stick up for, in any way, these soul stealing demons in our society. The type of evil that preaches what they preach at the pulpit, and in the shadows commit the most heinous acts I can think of on innocent little kids. It's pure predatory evil....and you back it.

There's nothing you can say about me that even enters that stratosphere.
Just that you are an off the rails moron who did in fact expressly endorse a boycott of paying tuition to Catholic schools, including your "beloved" Elder. Troll!

Mr. Mojo says Zero Tolerance already in place and this was second time in 2 yrs for inappropriate behavior by this Priest. Zero Tolerance and then sent to largest grade school in the city! Mr. Mojo you should always defend your religion but defending a Priest texting a child inappropriately is about as low as you can go sir.

You've got to read between the lines, there's a reason he got in trouble last year. If it was just chit chat, that's probably not appropriate, but I doubt the Diocese would've felt the need to transfer Parishes.

You all who willingly give money at the collection each week and/or pay tuition to Catholic schools are giving your tacit approval, end of story. Want it to end? Stop complaining and put your money where your mouths are...

Why should St Ignatius be punished for this when they were duped? If they knew his history and took him on, that's different, but they did nothing wrong in this incident.

You've got to read between the lines, there's a reason he got in trouble last year. If it was just chit chat, that's probably not appropriate, but I doubt the Diocese would've felt the need to transfer Parishes.
Every six years lots of priests get new assignments. That happened in 2018. Fr. St. George left Ignatius and Fr. Drew was brought in. The timing could have just been a fortuitous coincidence for the archdiocese. It’s not necessarily a red flag in this scenario.

However it would have been a good opportunity for Fr. Drew to seek counseling and undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Why should St Ignatius be punished for this when they were duped? If they knew his history and took him on, that's different, but they did nothing wrong in this incident.

The Catholic faith can live without its member bowing in obedience to the Church. Especially a Church that time and time again disappoints its congregation.

They see you and treat you as followers of the Catholic faith. They are on command, and you must obey their rules, or fear God's disappointment.

Modern Catholics cannot and should not continue to turn a blind eye. Don't give them an inch. Your duty isn't to give them the benefit of the doubt. You hold up the faith better than they do. It's time for the real believers to run the show. With Catholics continuing to bow down to the leaders of the Church, the Catholic faith eventually fails.

Stop fearing eternal damnation by questioning questionable activities. This is rampant in Catholic teachings, in both the Church and the schools. Be loyal, or be gone.