Midwest Athletic Conference 2019

Speaking of which, what is the deal with Versailles? Oh, how the mighty have fallen. It's hard to believe just 20-some years ago they were winning state titles. How are they supposed to build anything when they keep replacing their head coach every few years?

There's a discussion for you guys, how do you fix their program?
Their coach had been there since the 2012 season and I thought they stopped improving so I thought a change was necessary for them. Then they didn't renew Miller's contract and hired Troy Christians coach, Ryan Jones. I wish him the best of luck. How do you improve them? I'd start by making the offense less predictable with a more balanced offense. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
You guys that are wanting the Celina series to start back up, what benefits are we going to have by playing Celina other than its close? Their football program is so unpredictable its not even funny. At least you know what you're getting with Kenton. I'm not the biggest fan of the Kenton series either. But it's probably a good thing that we play against a team with their style of offense just in case we have to see it in the playoffs.

I'm more comfortable with making the Celina game an actual jamboree game. Play it like a normal game, charge admission, whatever. There's no real benefit to putting Celina on the schedule. Although I do agree that we would be a better fit for them than Versailles.
Mr Cavman,
In wanting to have Celina on the schedule vs Kenton has less to do with being a wise football move and more of a 'feel good' move I will admit. They are right next door and the two communities are so intertwined with family, friends and coworkers that I think many just believe it would be a good rivalry. Computer points wise I would believe Kenton was the better play since the series started, but sometimes it just always about the smart harbins move.

Voice,

I'd like to see them do something with the jamboree game. Unless your maybe thinking of switching Celina and Kenton around. I'd be open to that. Keep Kenton as the scrimmage game. Let Kenton go pound on Versailles in week 1. I'm just thinking that the crap show that is the Kenton game is a necessary evil just so we see an offense like that. We've seen in the past where they can expose our DB's in week 1. Whether that is good or bad, who knows? The one year it turned out bad. (I can't remember which year it was.)

Stirred, you are the biggest sandbagger on yappi.
That is also what I have said since end of last season that we would go 5-5, 6-4 at best
as we have only four starters back.......And not a whole lot of underclassman got playing
time last year , unlike in years past ...

That is also what I have said since end of last season that we would go 5-5, 6-4 at best
as we have only four starters back.......And not a whole lot of underclassman got playing
Oh, you guys...

Unless you guys are very thin on athletes, kind of like we have been the last few seasons, a 5-5/6-4 ML team would definitely be unusual for sure. Are you guys saying even with the varsity inexperience, that you lack depth? I don't have last season's program to see what you guys have coming up.

w
The key will be that week 2 game. I know some who go to Waterson and they are licking their chops to play the big bad Flyers from the MAC. I did tell them that this will be the weakest Flyer team in an extremely long time and wished they had them on the schedule sometime in the last 20 years instead of now to get the true taste of MAC football.

Now that baseball is over we should all be I full swing. Congrats to CW and Minster for their State ACME run. That extra time those teams and players got go a long way for spring success.

Just curious how two a days work nowadays. WHat sort of hours do teams entertain now?

and now there is the added fuel of both of them being in Region 23 as well
XvBXX5N.gif

Anyone with early predictions how the MAC will do in their OOC games this season. I'm hearing that Covington will return a lot of seniors this year. I think they play Minster and St. Henry. And St. Henry will be young this year.

Historically, Coldwater has defeated Kenton in the past. I'm not too sure what the Wildcats have coming back this season, but that game is in Coldwater. In week 2, the Cavs travel to Cincinnati Mount Healthy and play against the Fighting Owls for the first time. So, there's not a lot of information on them except they were 5-5 last season and lost a close one to Archbishop Alter in the opening round of the playoffs, 14-12.

Last edited:
Anyone with early predictions how the MAC will do in their OOC games this season. I'm hearing that Covington will return a lot of seniors this year. I think they play Minster and St. Henry. And St. Henry will be young this year.

Historically, Coldwater has defeated Kenton in the past. I'm not too sure what the Wildcats have coming back this season, but that game is in Coldwater. In week 2, the Cavs travel to Cincinnati Mount Healthy and play against the Fighting Owls for the first time. So, there's not a lot of information on them except they were 5-5 last season and lost a close one to Archbishop Alter in the opening round of the playoffs, 14-12.
My football peeps in Cincy tell me CMH typically have some very good athletes and they expect to slide by CW semi easily. I see they did away with pay to play so maybe that brings in more talent. Cw season could hinge on week 1.

My football peeps in Cincy tell me CMH typically have some very good athletes and they expect to slide by CW semi easily. I see they did away with pay to play so maybe that brings in more talent. Cw season could hinge on week 1.
Isn't that amazing? Voice, you and I were chatting back and forth for a bit there. What would you do? Would you switch the Celina and Kenton games? I always stated that playing Kenton was a necessary evil, but to have your entire season come down to one game, especially THAT one, with the crap show that it is. And I'm hearing that they might actually be good this year. At least we'll have them at home.

Isn't that amazing? Voice, you and I were chatting back and forth for a bit there. What would you do? Would you switch the Celina and Kenton games? I always stated that playing Kenton was a necessary evil, but to have your entire season come down to one game, especially THAT one, with the crap show that it is. And I'm hearing that they might actually be good this year. At least we'll have them at home.
Kenton had a very good travel 7 0n 7 team this past two months...traveling to several states to compete......

Kenton had a very good travel 7 0n 7 team this past two months...traveling to several states to compete......
Read that in the other thread. We usually can't tell that about our kids because they are usually playing baseball still.

Harbins wise that Kenton game has been perfect and knowing you have a top opponent week 1 is always a great way to get ready. The Celina thing just has more to do with how intertwined the two communities are, nothing more.

Just pray to hold Kenton to under 40?
Agreed. The crapshow that it is. You just have to outscore Kenton. Whether you have to put up 40 points, 50 points, 60 points, whatever. The good news is that we have a smart QB who is accurate and has a year under his belt. With the Cavs I'm hearing the same thing. Strong at skilled positions. Questionable line, questionable front 7, front 5, whatever we end up running on defense. Should have a good experienced kicker. About the same as last year.

Agreed. The crapshow that it is. You just have to outscore Kenton. Whether you have to put up 40 points, 50 points, 60 points, whatever. The good news is that we have a smart QB who is accurate and has a year under his belt. With the Cavs I'm hearing the same thing. Strong at skilled positions. Questionable line, questionable front 7, front 5, whatever we end up running on defense. Should have a good experienced kicker. About the same as last year.
Kentons defense plain gave up late last year and their kick return lost it for them by not recovering kickoffs. It will take 50 to win this one and that is it not a knock on CW, but a testament to Kenton. Reports are this is their best non Mauk led offense they have had

Coldwater is returning 4 out of 5 starters on the OLine is that really questionable?