Indy

Looks like no Attack or Vanguard teams got bids this weekend. The only Ohio team with a bid at this point is Cinci Attack 15 Black. Looks like Cinci Attack 16 Black made it into a bid playoff match and lost in 3. Also Vanguard 18-1 and 18-2 both made gold, but lost in the first round and didn't get a chance to make the bid playoff matches.

Attack and Vanguard top teams did square off at both the 16 and 17 level. Attack 16-1 beat Vanguard 16-1 in 3. Attack 17-1 beat Vanguard 17-1 in 2

Are any of the teams attending another bid tournament? I assume there is at least one more on the East Coast somewhere

After checking AES, I noticed that Vanguard 18-2 finished higher than Vanguard 18-1 in one of the easiest tournaments in the country, is it possible that Vanguard 18-1 has been overhyped? Will the top Vanguard team go another year without a bid or will the second vangaurd team get a bid before Albertson? Interesting questions indeed.

ahh I've watch Vanguard 18-2 a few times this weekend and they seem streaky, if they can develop some sense of consistency, I'm not surprised if they got a bid in the Harrisburg Tournament. On the flip side Albertson has enough talent to get a bid but they seem to struggle when the pressure is on.

After checking AES, I noticed that Vanguard 18-2 finished higher than Vanguard 18-1 in one of the easiest tournaments in the country, is it possible that Vanguard 18-1 has been overhyped? Will the top Vanguard team go another year without a bid or will the second vangaurd team get a bid before Albertson? Interesting questions indeed.

If you look at AES correctly 6 teams tied for 9th, which includes both Vanguard 18's. Looking closer at the records, 18-2 record was 4 matches won, 3 lost, 10 sets won, 6 lost. 18-1's record was 6 matches won, 1 match lost, 12 sets won and 3 lost.

Also if Club 1 would have had all players all weekend, this conversation may not be taking place.

Harrisburg will be the next opportunity and based on the growth for each of these teams these past weeks there is a good shot

They finished tied, and 18-1 had a better record. I wouldn't say this is one of the easiest tournaments in the country either. Florida bid tourney, and any east coast tournaments are going to have less high end teams than Indy did.

Vanguard 18-1 overhyped? Probably. When you have one or two people on here claiming they could win/get a bid in California, and already saying they are the best club team ever from Ohio then that will happen. You just have to remember that's two anonymous individuals opinions.

It isn't like they have done poorly, just barely fallen short against other top teams. Are any of Vanguard's teams going to another bid tournament?

They finished tied, and 18-1 had a better record. I wouldn't say this is one of the easiest tournaments in the country either. Florida bid tourney, and any east coast tournaments are going to have less high end teams than Indy did.

Vanguard 18-1 overhyped? Probably. When you have one or two people on here claiming they could win/get a bid in California, and already saying they are the best club team ever from Ohio then that will happen. You just have to remember that's two anonymous individuals opinions.

It isn't like they have done poorly, just barely fallen short against other top teams. Are any of Vanguard's teams going to another bid tournament?

Would agree that the remaining tournaments will not have as much competition, and the Florida Fest was this past weekend with ~22 teams in 18 - receiving 3 bids. Two of them Oceanbay and BYRC, which lost to 18-1's, would indicate that they are open caliber. They just have to seize the opportunity.

I don't know about over-hyped and would have never predicted a bid in SoCal or that they are the best ever only history will prove that. They are highly talented and can match up against anyone, they just have to close the match out.

On a good note they are improving, just have to keep up the work.

Yeah Harrisburg is the last opportunity to earn a Bid and I believe both 18s teams are attending.

Nobody cares, but the Vanguard 14's were one game away from gold in Chicago. Ran out of gas the last day after knocking off Sports Performance's top team the night before.

Vanguard 14's are attending Richmond and may with a solid chance of snagging a bid.

All other Vanguard gold teams are also attending Harrisburg.

Not going to be much chatter about teams below 16's since no one has had the chance to see them play in high school, but that's good. With Attack 15 getting a bid in Chicago sounds like the future could be bright if these kids keep developing