-Dublin Coffman
-St. Xavier

I think Coffman will be tough like every year
Jerome is stacked
Liberty STACKED!
St. Charles ehh decent
Moeller will be tough
Orange decent

The Talawanda hockey program has made a few huge changes to their approach for the season.
1. New coach (Steve McGrinder) google him..... he's the real deal
2. Lost 2 seniors from last year
3. Off season work outs are legit for the Braves

he may have taken a few penalties, but was abig presence on the ice.
Hard to replace. I think you guys will miss him...

I'd agree he brought up team speed and was an offensive threat, but Kyle engel lead the braves in goals last year. They lost 2 seniors and brought in a pretty strong freshman class. The braves should win the swohshl, maybe scares from st x, idk who else.

Centerville and Springboro should both be pretty deep.
Every team (which is typical) lost top players with graduating seniors.
Sycamore and X were hit hard.
Not sure what Beavercreek has left.
Troy was young, so they could have potential.
I don't see a clear favorite in the swohshl.
--Moeller should be pretty deep..

I dont know too much about springboro, but centerville is deffinitlly struggling as a program, they don't have the usual numbers this year and upcoming classes are pretty weak, as for x they have Mitch blank and a few others. But I think moeller will be the best team from the southwest. As for the district it's probably
1/2 liberty & Jerome
3 Coffman
4 moeller
5 talawanda

Now that we have some of the top school, does anyone know who some of the top players are for these school? Slewfoot "moeller should be pretty deep" -- I heard they lost the top players from last year.

I believe they graduated only 3 seniors.
They had huge freshman class 2 years ago. Thise kids are juniors now. Between those juniors and the current seniors I think they will be solid.
I heard a couple of kids may not play, but they have the numbers to reload.
Pretty decent goaltending too.

All of the nay sayers who complained about Moeller leaving SWOHSHL for the CHC can now come to say that it was a good idea for future consideration of the program to leave SWOSHL and go to the CHC. The top 6 teams in the district are from the CHC, and SWOHSHL is having a really down year

Did moe's move to the CHC result in them running farther into the District tournament??
Are they getting any farther in Districts than their SWOHSHL brethren??
just sayin'

Moeller didn't even win the swohshl very often when they were in it... so how are they out of the swohshl's league? The CHC is dominated by 3 teams, then it has a few decent teams, then theres a huge downfall in talent. its built the same way the swohshl is, just with more teams. so yes, they play liberty and jerome, but they still have to play scioto and watterson.

Moeller didn't even win the swohshl very often when they were in it... so how are they out of the swohshl's league? The CHC is dominated by 3 teams, then it has a few decent teams, then theres a huge downfall in talent. its built the same way the swohshl is, just with more teams. so yes, they play liberty and jerome, but they still have to play scioto and watterson.

The CHC actually changed their format for this year, they split into 3 divisions. A top division, middle division, and a bottom division, and each team plays the teams in their division twice. Moeller is in the top division with Dublin Jerome, Olentangy Liberty, Dublin Coffman, and St. Charles. So yes, while they still will have to play Scioto and Watterson once, they have to play against Jerome, Liberty and the rest of their division twice..... which appears to be alot tougher of a schedule than the SWOHSHL league schedule

So moeller couldn't just schedule these teams non-league? But instead have to drive 2 hours to beat waterfall 10-0, instead of staying in cinch to beat elder 10-0? There's no reason not to just have a strong non-league schedule and not have to drive to Columbus for half the games. Talawanda played Jerome twice, liberty, Coffman, moeller, st Charles, orange, and ua last year without having to.

Valid points, but those non conference games really don't mean anything besides W/L or district rankings. For Moeller, league rankings, and seeding for the Blue Jackets Cup/ State are on the line for these games. So if you had to choose between the SWOHSHL end of the year tournament or the Blue Jackets Cup (CHC end of the year tourny) whose tournament would you choose and why? I would choose the BJC because it prepares you for state better than the SWOHSHL tourny. Not only is there ice cuts every period, but you are likely facing the teams you will be seeing in the sweet 16 and elite 8.