Does any team from D4 have a legitamate chance at the state title

Do you think any D4 team has a chance at the state title

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

just wondering what you all think:shrug:

I think that Moeller, St.X and Talawanda have the best chances of teans from the southwest to win the state title. Moeller tied Toledo St. Francis without one of their players and playing one of their sophomore goalies. St.X beat St. Johns Jesuit which is 4th in the state, and Talawanda is capible of contending with these teams but they seem to give up too easily even when the game is close, for example when they played St.X last weekend in Toledo they were winning in the the 3rd period and gave up only to watch St.X come back and tie the game. If so facto these are the teams that have a legitimate change at winning the state title.

sycamore seems to be showing a lot of potential. they just won the MLK Jr. tournament by beating dublin-coffman, dublin-jerome, and evangston.

Moeller is currently 8th in the state, which is the highest any team from southwest Ohio has ever achieved during the regular season. They definitely have the potential, but there seems to be a lack of focus and intensity in their play some games.

St. X is skating VERY well. They looked very strong against St. John's and Elyria Catholic last weekend.

Dublin Jerome and Dublin Coffman are considered the toughest competition outside of our immediate area. Those two teams will have to be beaten to go to the final four. Sycamore beat both teams last weekend.

Talawanda has a good team, but is inconsistent also. They let teams back in the game after having them down by a couple of goals.

I think the final weeks of the season should be very interesting. I am looking forward to seeing how the SWO teams do. I think we have a legitimate shot at a final four team from this area.

Not to nag, but Talawanda was ranked 6th in the state of Ohio in early February of 2004, the year they went to state

What's D4? Is the that official name given to the token district (the downstate district given a token representantive to the state final four)? Anyways, in answer to the question, no, none of those teams have a shot of winning two games in one weekend against the big boys from the North. They seem to be getting closer each year, but they're not quite there, yet.

I do not believe anyone from the fourth region has a chance to win the state this year. In fact I do not believe they will have a chance to make the finals this year. I know that sounds pretty harsh, but I believe University School is the favorite for the state championship this year and the fourth region has to go through US to get to the finals.

I do not believe anyone from the fourth region has a chance to win the state this year. In fact I do not believe they will have a chance to make the finals this year. I know that sounds pretty harsh, but I believe University School is the favorite for the state championship this year and the fourth region has to go through US to get to the finals.

I would agree re: winning state. I'd be pretty happy with a final 4 showing. Of course I am pulling for my team....Moeller. How likely? Hard to say. I am the eternal optimist though. Do you have any web sites or anything devoted to high school hockey? It has been pretty hard for me to find anything substantial to read about Ohio high school hockey.

Quoted For Truth.

While there isn't a lot of good info to go on for either team as to how they relate to US (Sycamore has no common opponents; St. X. went 2-1 against common opponents Trinity and SJJ while US went 3-0), what it boils down to--even more than talent--is experience.

US will, barring catastrophe, be playing in their third state semifinals in three years and fifth in the last six while whoever wins on Saturday in Columbus will be entering their first state tournament action ever. No amount of practice and no number of regular season games can prepare you for the big stage at Nationwide, and THAT is why whoever wins Columbus will be standing at a distinct disadvantage on the 8th.

I think today I will change my tune slightly. With the upset of University School in the district semi-final game I believe it's possible to see a team from the southern region in the finals this year. In addition the Brooklyn district champion will play the Toledo district champion in the state semi final and that is likely to be a very competitive difficult hockey game. I would expect the winner of that game not to be as fresh for the title game as the other semi final winner.

It will be interesting to see who survives Brooklyn now. Eds plays Padua tonight with the winner playing Ignatius who should defeat North Olmsted in the other semi final contest.

US will, barring catastrophe, be playing in their third state semifinals in three years and fifth in the last six while whoever wins on Saturday in Columbus will be entering their first state tournament action ever.

It's all your fault....