LHS07's Top 10 and Week 2 Outlook

LHS07

1. Moeller (6-0) - No question that they are the best team in the state
2. St Xavier (2-0) - Last year's state champs will be here until they lose
3. La Salle (4-2) - Only losses have been to Moeller and a quality win over Elder
4. St Edward (3-0) - Hasn't dropped a set yet
5. Elder (4-1) - Always fields a good team, and this year is no exception

6-10 (Don't know enough about these teams to place them)
Centerville
Hilliard Darby
McNicholas
Lakota East
Chaminade Julienne

That will get more accurate as the season goes along...

Anyways, there some really good matchups early next week

Monday

Fairfield at Lakota East - Fairfield got a good win over West, but East is much better.

Tuesday

St Charles at Gahanna Lincoln - St Charles is favored but this could be a close match.

Worthington Kilbourne at Hilliard Davidson - We know how good Kilbourne is (not very) so this should be a good harbinger as to what Davidson has.

La Salle at Elder - HUGE game. La Salle took Elder in two very close games at St Charles. Elder will be out for revenge in front of an always hostile crowd.

Sycamore at Oak Hills - Oak Hills tries to make it to the upper tier of the GMC

McNicholas at St Xavier - For maybe the first time ever, McNick has the potential to pull this one off.

Thursday

Centerville at Hilliard Darby - A couple of teams I dont know much about, but are among the best in their respective regions.

Lakota West at Oak Hills - Both solid GMC teams

Saturday

Centerville, Hilliard Davidson, Lakota East tri-match - 3 very good teams squaring off.

I'm sure there are more good matchups out there that I missed so feel free to post them!

time to start doing a little weeding out of the good and bad teams. LHS i like the idea of ur poll i just think maybe a little biased or more so based on ur knowledge more of the south than other regions, but then again not many polls ever turn out correctly. except.....

Ohio State being the number one team in the country prior to the tourney
and after the tourney

Sorry got the fever big a little so had to toss in a little hook

time to start doing a little weeding out of the good and bad teams. LHS i like the idea of ur poll i just think maybe a little biased or more so based on ur knowledge more of the south than other regions, but then again not many polls ever turn out correctly. except.....

Ohio State being the number one team in the country prior to the tourney
and after the tourney

Sorry got the fever big a little so had to toss in a little hook

When was the last time a South team has lost to a non-south team at state? The one exception is Centerville of course, but they, IMO, are down this year especially after the loss of Strasser. I know some of the other usually non-South powers are also having down years (Davidson, Kilbourne), so I really think my top 5 is accurate. Maybe not the order, but definitely the teams. The next 5 I based on a combination of hype on here (returning starters and whatnot) and teams I've seen or heard about. Who else do you think should be up there? Please give what they have done so far this season to justify your logic if you know any results.

I play for Oak Hills and we play Sycamore at home tonight.... It will be a very good game. I hear Marquart is pretty good, but our middles are solid blocks. Were starting off the season well. Currently 2-0... hopefully with a win tonight we can really get ahead in the GMC. Good Luck to all you Sycamore players.

Elder d. La Salle 23-25, 25-15, 25-21, 25-13

Elder was without a doubt the better team tonight. They have improved a whole lot more than La Salle has since they last met.

We played (Oak Hills) Sycamore yesterday and lost in five. Should have won I think, it will really set us back for GMC but well have to keep trying. I was not too impressed with that big middle for Sycamore. Dont get me wrong he is not bad but for how much he gets talked up I was not happy with his performance. He has good sportsmanship though. Any way, hats off to Sycamore- played a good game. Good Luck this season.

Elder d. La Salle 23-25, 25-15, 25-21, 25-13

Elder was without a doubt the better team tonight. They have improved a whole lot more than La Salle has since they last met.

Elder definitely wore LaSalle down last night. Nothing like the first match. I don't think Elder brought their "A" game in Columbus, but definitely brought it last night.

Well now I know who to look for when you guys come around for the Wolf Open.

Consequently, you may be able to spot me. I'll be the one in the stands laughing.

By the one in the stands laughing do you mean the 45 year old grey beard living his midlife crisis by posting on the internet, trying to make high school guys volleyball players feel bad about themselves?

By the one in the stands laughing do you mean the 45 year old grey beard living his midlife crisis by posting on the internet, trying to make high school guys volleyball players feel bad about themselves?

If that's what you're looking for, then you won't see me.

Aww thats cute Ohiovball99...now whos the classy one...hypocrite

Because I laugh at how completely pathetic the people on here are? Hypocrite or not, it's fun. You guys walk around talking up Brandel and Meyer, because hey, they're Moeller's whole team. I would hide behind them too if I rode the bench and ran my mouth on here.

haha...nope i dont play for moeller...so it would be hard for me to hide behind lee and danny...but they have other players anyway...they are going to win state pretty easily i think anyway so it doesn't really matter

Moeller would still be the top team in the state without Lee and Danny... James Emmings might be better than both, Schings is the most underrated player in the state, Kanectze is playing D-II in college and isn't even starting for the team... Chandler and Cherry are both amazing... Moeller players don't have to hide behind Danny and Lee because their second team would still have a shot at state...

Moeller would still be the top team in the state without Lee and Danny... James Emmings might be better than both, Schings is the most underrated player in the state, Kanectze is playing D-II in college and isn't even starting for the team... Chandler and Cherry are both amazing... Moeller players don't have to hide behind Danny and Lee because their second team would still have a shot at state...

Yet they still do.

Maybe I should rephrase and say that all of Cincinnati hides behind Moeller. Same case this season and it has been for the past 4 or 5 seasons.

Oooo... So thats why lasy year and this coming year moeller, X, AND Elder will all be the best three teams in the state this year and not lose to anyone but each other?