Captain Kirk's Call

bdevfan

Heard from a little bird today that the next coach's name has been in Principal Koennecke's back pocket since mid-November. Rumor has it that he's bringing someone in that he used to work with at one of his recent stops. The rest of the interview process is for show, especially choreographed for the old guard in Barberton who long for the days when a Sharkey walked the sidelines. Turns out he's got his own guy in mind.

I don't know much about Captain Kirk other than most people still can't believe he was serious about changing the school colors to Green ("more professional"). Can you believe a principal would say that?

If you want to see the name of your next head football coach, go to the websites for Kent Roosevelt, Mayfield Heights, and Bedford. He's there somewhere.

We'll see if I'm right.

let's see who Captain Kirk beams up to BHS.

I think that the School color thing was taken out of context, I don't think that he wanted to change the School colors, but that he wanted the Tennis courts re-painted from purple to green, maybe this is where the (more professional) came from. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but just what I heard.

Wow, it is unbelievable how negative the reaction is to this individual. I'm an outsider and yet word has filtered far beyond Barberton about what a disagreeable putz he apparently is. I have yet to come across a single, solitary person who has anything good to say about him. I've heard that he is nothing more than a Lolli lackey and he is rude and abrasive to student, teacher and parent alike. Is it insecurity about his apparent lack of qualifications for the job or is he just Rasputin in a tie?

I'll say something nice about him... he's organized, been pleasant to me and my family, has returned every phone call or email within a few hours that NEVER happened before) and things appear to run fairly smooth. Teachers and students might not like him, but to me that's a good thing. Plus, things like school website actually has information (unlike previous years) The changing of school colors was taken WAY out of context. As far as him hiring next football coach, its never worked that way before and I doubt it will this time. It's amazing the rumors people online are willing to spread, its amazing what unaccountability will allow you to say.

I'll say something nice about him... he's organized, been pleasant to me and my family, has returned every phone call or email within a few hours that NEVER happened before) and things appear to run fairly smooth. Teachers and students might not like him, but to me that's a good thing. Plus, things like school website actually has information (unlike previous years) The changing of school colors was taken WAY out of context. As far as him hiring next football coach, its never worked that way before and I doubt it will this time. It's amazing the rumors people online are willing to spread, its amazing what unaccountability will allow you to say.

You're not his wife are you?

You're not his wife are you?

of course it's not his wife, it's his son. "daddy really is a good AD. Everyone hates him, but we're making lots more money here in hooterville. plus, his friend is going to be the next football coach."

Spoken like the true Tallmadge fans that you two are....feel free to post on your own web pages if you have nothing of importance to post here.

Let's see you have a total of 4 posts and bdevfan and myself have a combined 1,600 posts. We post everywhere, wheather we know what we are talking about or not. "It's just our opinions"

Settle down and don't tell anyone where to post. If you are going to get mad and be spiteful then maybe you should read for awhile before you post.

I don't want this to get too far off-topic, but if you think that an almost universal dislike for the leader of the school is a healthy thing, then I wonder about you. Seriously. You'd rather have tension, distrust and disrespect permeate through your high school? You believe it is a good thing to have both the student body and the faculty feel that way? Yessir, that's some learning environment he's created there. Answering a phone call and updating a web site are peripheral items when running a school the size of Barberton. And it is NO exaggeration that you are the first person that I've heard to ever utter a kind word about his administration of the high school. I'm sure there are others, but let's not kid ourselves here: you are in the vast minority.

GRPride:

Hi buddy! How are you this fine evening? So YOU and Bedevil are entitled to your opinions? When I had an opinion I was accused of having a "horse in the race" over and over and over again! I love how you can have an opinion on this but I can't!

Regardeless, I finally have #9 on that list narrowed down after some calls at school today. It looks like the favorite is Brush Head Coach, Jason Hall.

Jeff Sharkey is another finalist as is Jay Newcome. They eliminated coaches without Head Coaching experience after the first round.

I don't want this to get too far off-topic, but if you think that an almost universal dislike for the leader of the school is a healthy thing, then I wonder about you. Seriously. You'd rather have tension, distrust and disrespect permeate through your high school? You believe it is a good thing to have both the student body and the faculty feel that way? Yessir, that's some learning environment he's created there. Answering a phone call and updating a web site are peripheral items when running a school the size of Barberton. And it is NO exaggeration that you are the first person that I've heard to ever utter a kind word about his administration of the high school. I'm sure there are others, but let's not kid ourselves here: you are in the vast minority.

I have no problem with the Koenickie (spelled wrong Im sure) in fact, I like him and think hes doing a good job. What you probably fail to realize is people who complain are usually the only ones to a voice an opinion. Especially on a forum like this one.

What you fail to realize is that the impressions I got of his performance didn't rely one iota on what has been discussed on this forum. It came from several conversations I have had with Barberton citizens from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. And they broached the subject, not me. There was uniformity in their opinion of this person. I will say this: I heard much of what I learned during football season when perhaps he was easing his way into his position in a new school in a new town. But I haven't heard anyone recant their opinion yet.

GRPride:

Hi buddy! How are you this fine evening? So YOU and Bedevil are entitled to your opinions? When I had an opinion I was accused of having a "horse in the race" over and over and over again! I love how you can have an opinion on this but I can't!.

First of all I'm not the one who first stated that you had a "horse in the race", I just used it in a couple of posts.

Second, I said bdevfan and I have opinions, not Bedevil. Once you have been on here for a couple of years you will see that that is a phrase that people use on here so you don't come back with anything. I think it's rediculous and I only use it to be sarcastic. You'll see.

By the way, opinions are like hemroids, every butt---- has one.

MagicsILB-I dont know where you get your info, but the next coach will not be from Kent, Bedford or Mayfield.

Sorry dude, wrong guy:Ohno:

it's me you were talking to. you may be correct. all I can say is the information came to me from a reliable source, let's see if they are right.

oh, and by the way, two of the board members I talked with were very concerned that their colleagues may be sharing information about the search with someone outside the process, especially someone who was then going to post it on yappi.

I dont care what four of the members are concerned with. They should be concerned with not spending $113,000 on security guards for a strike that never happend.

Wow, now that the new coach has FINALLY been chosen I went back to this post and looked at who said what and what was said. Here is what I have taken from this thread....
1. Bdevfan knows his stuff!! Look at post #1, "Heard from a little bird today that the next coach's name has been in Principal Koennecke's back pocket since mid-November. Rumor has it that he's bringing someone in that he used to work with at one of his recent stops. The rest of the interview process is for show, especially choreographed for the old guard in Barberton who long for the days when a Sharkey walked the sidelines. Turns out he's got his own guy in mind." and the end of the post "If you want to see the name of your next head football coach, go to the websites for Kent Roosevelt, Mayfield Heights, and Bedford. He's there somewhere"
What amazing insight for someone from Tallmadge. I don't think that it gets any better than that!!
Now for those that don't have a clue, as it has been stated over and over in other threads as well.
2. FRECRISS---even though he wasn't able to keep track of who posted what, he said "MagicsILB-I dont know where you get your info, but the next coach will not be from Kent, Bedford or Mayfield."
The reference should have been to bdevfan.
Wow, how much more incorrect could you be Frecriss? Over and over your posts are filled with your sources telling you this and that. I really believe that you should get close to the new guy as he may need a great statistician.
3. I am not even going to comment on knowsnothing's posts as he indicated in another thread that he is not going to get invovled in Barberton posts anymore. We will certainly miss the knowledge that he brings to the table, not.
I want to find out who bdevfan is as he is more in the know that the rest of us and I want to get the MegaMillions numbers from him as I will bet that he can predict those as well. I mean that as a compliment bdevfan

Okay guys, show me where frecriss was wrong in his post. He said the next coach would not be from kent mayfield or bedford. He was right, the next coach was Wallace who backed out at the last minute.

Bdevfan-I dont doubt that this coach from bedford was the Principals favorite all along. I also dont doubt that you heard he was the principals favorite. But are we really supposed to believe that you knew that one of the four finalists, none of which were from Mayfield,Bedford or kent, would be offered the job, accept it and then, at the last minute, back out thus opening the door for the principals favorite. You really expect anyone to believe that you knew that would happen?

allsfair-frecriss gets his information from someone who should know what is taking place. Frecriss posted that Sharkey was a finalist which was true. he also indicated that the fourth candidate that backed out was most likely Hall. he was right again.

I dont know why you and several others feel the need to bash frecriss all the time.

on another thread, magicsilb said he was hearing that sharkey would be the next coach. why doesnt he get bashed ?

OldMagician-maybe the principal wasn't happy with the decision to have Wallace all along and he used his power to take the job away from him when Wallace was out telling everyone that he was the new coach, prior to board approval. No maybe's that is what occurred.
I don't think bdevfan KNEW what would happen, it is amazing that it did happen though, isn't it?
I can tell you that Frecriss' "source" as to where he gets his information from appears OVER AND OVER to be incorrect. Wow, it took a genius to guess that Sharkey would be a finalist. He only surmized that the fourth candidate that backed out was Hall, as I have been on point with my posts regarding this debacle, I have yet to find that out. When I do, I will certainly post it as I have said all along I did not know for sure who it was and I will only post it then.
It is not that Frecriss is being bashed "all the time" just when he is way off base...which appears to be most "all the time".
In regards to your wanting Magicsilb to be bashed, my response to that is that magicsilb, along with many, many, others was guessing who the next coach would be. Frecriss continued to cite his sources.
As I have said before, frecriss should stick to the stats side of things. Those facts are real and he doesn't have to worry about his "information".

allsfair-I dont want magicsilb to get bashed, it just seems like others get a pass and fre gets bashed. The guy frecriss was getting information from is someone who should know. He either didnt know(which would be ridiculous, yet not suprising) or he was just feeding both frecriss and I a line of crap. The guy had given credible information in the past. if you check the archives, you will see that frecriss posted that glaze would resign. he posted this the night of the cloverleaf football game. he was also the first to post that pam davis would not return to the girls basketball team. our "source" had been reliable up to this point. for whatever reason, he was not reliable this time.

Okay guys, show me where frecriss was wrong in his post. He said the next coach would not be from kent mayfield or bedford. He was right, the next coach was Wallace who backed out at the last minute.

Bdevfan-I dont doubt that this coach from bedford was the Principals favorite all along. I also dont doubt that you heard he was the principals favorite. But are we really supposed to believe that you knew that one of the four finalists, none of which were from Mayfield,Bedford or kent, would be offered the job, accept it and then, at the last minute, back out thus opening the door for the principals favorite. You really expect anyone to believe that you knew that would happen?

allsfair-frecriss gets his information from someone who should know what is taking place. Frecriss posted that Sharkey was a finalist which was true. he also indicated that the fourth candidate that backed out was most likely Hall. he was right again.

I dont know why you and several others feel the need to bash frecriss all the time.

on another thread, magicsilb said he was hearing that sharkey would be the next coach. why doesnt he get bashed ?

It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. The fact is, that is exactly what happened, and Bedevfan had it pegged from the beginning.

allsfair-I dont want magicsilb to get bashed, it just seems like others get a pass and fre gets bashed. The guy frecriss was getting information from is someone who should know. He either didnt know(which would be ridiculous, yet not suprising) or he was just feeding both frecriss and I a line of crap. The guy had given credible information in the past. if you check the archives, you will see that frecriss posted that glaze would resign. he posted this the night of the cloverleaf football game. he was also the first to post that pam davis would not return to the girls basketball team. our "source" had been reliable up to this point. for whatever reason, he was not reliable this time.

OLDMAGICIAN, your post really doesn't make any sense.."the guy frecriss was getting information from is someone who should know. He either didn't know (which would be ridiculous, yet not surprising)" what does that mean. Either he is a good source or not. Apparently not. All I know is that Frecriss has been rambling on and on in various threads about things that are not true in the long run.

As far as frecriss posting that Glaze would resign, and that Pam Davis would not return, WOW!!! I mean seriously, was there any doubt that Jay would resign if not be fired at the end of such an unbelievable crappy season? As far as Pam goes, the decision was made early in the year last year with all of the bad PR she generated for the school. Neither of those "insider posts" were that tough, but good for him having the ability to post those.