Xfl 2.0?

I'm actually somewhat intrigued by this. Although it faded quickly, the XFL was far ahead of it's time IMO. A lot of the shock value sought by it would have likely played pretty well in today's social media atmosphere.

If Vince is legitimately interested in rebooting the XFL, now would seem to be an opportune time given the NFL's controversies and declining viewership. With a summer-oriented season, a Netflix/Hulu live streaming deal, and some big name NFL burnouts (Kaep, Tebow, Manziel, etc.) he may be on to something that could find a niche.

Only a blip on the radar screen, there are no fan bases for these teams. That's why they never work. It's taken generations of fans to build up these leagues. The USFL had a little success, but when you can't pay players enough and they move on to the NFL, then you are done.

I think the issue with the original xfl was that it was just a very poor rendition ofmthe nfl. Teams didn't take advantage of some of the different rules as the coaches were just too contemporary. Get some young, innovative offensive minds to spice it up instead of a bad, boring offense and it may have a chance and put the physicality back in the game

If it dropped the gimmicks and wrestling stuff it would've been fine, I think. I doubt there isn't a market for Spring football.

If they make it in the spring and high scoring, people will watch it. The NFL right now is trash. Columbus, St Louis, San Diego, and Oakland should have teams

If they concentrate on football hotbeds (South, Texas, and Midwest) and mixed in the big markets that would be a good start. I don't think the league would necessarily have to begin with teams out West.

Atlanta
Chicago
Columbus
Dallas
Louisville
Memphis/Nashville
New England
New York
Orlando
San Antonio

Watched it back then. It was too rushed. Plus the outage. Game was ahead of it's time like nwwarrior09 said.

Game wasn't half bad after a few weeks but the huge ratings crashed quickly.

WWE's ratings today are about 30% of what they were then so crossover fans will not be what they once were.

This could work if they become the anti-NFL ... promote how the game is played and not the players ... allow most of the hits that are illegal now in the NFL ... promote the violence of the game ... make a big deal of the national anthem and patriotisms ... it would be a fan base similar to wrestling ... call it good old fashion football.

No gimmicks so I look for him to try and build this up to be an NFLminor league system.

I'd expect to hear there would be no rule on age so if they can convince some of them whom are only in college for FB to possibly made the leap.....

I'm curious how they'll manage to get game time down to 2 hoyrs5

Less commercials I suppose, maybe 12 min qtrs. Possibly recoup advertising dollars by Putting ads on the unis, field, have qtrs or the game be sponsored.

Or a 20 minute running clock per qtr minutes commercial or injuries?

One possibility that popped into my head is no or little halftime. I don't really like that idea though so I hope not.

Another was going completely commercial free and broadcasting primarily on Netflix or some such internet service. Or YouTube with only 1 short commercial every so often. They seem to be looking for a more internet-driven total experience so these options might not be that farfetched.

They could also trim the playclock down to 25 seconds between downs. That would demand the faster paced game they're looking for, but could be really tough on the players with only 40-man rosters.

The USFL at least attracted some talent into the league. Unless Vince can attract some crazy rich and reckless owners who will spend with abandon, that's not going to happen.

Bring Lavar Ball in with his three kids. I'm sure he could use his magical touch to make his kids world champion football players too. The circus he would create would give this "new" league a buzz that they couldn't buy themselves...

The AAF has announced 7 of their 8 team cities: Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis, Orlando in the East; Phoenix, Salt Lake City, and San Diego in the West.

This could work if they become the anti-NFL ... promote how the game is played and not the players ... allow most of the hits that are illegal now in the NFL ... promote the violence of the game ... make a big deal of the national anthem and patriotisms ... it would be a fan base similar to wrestling ... call it good old fashion football.

So, in other words, turn into NASCAR.