What helps more people?

Which is more helpful to people?

• Total voters

OhioBobcatFan06

I'd rather donate $100 to the Akron Food Bank than pay $100 to the IRS to pay some loser bureaucrat in Washington. :shrug:

OBCF, you asked a completely different question at the top of your OP, and/or you need to clarify the question on the thread title and poll

What helps more people overall?

Assuming we're talking about the U.S., the answer would obviously be taxes, for the basic daily services and civic structure provided to every single person in this country.

Which one is more helpful? Almost impossible to measure, because they have two different targets, means, and goals. It's like asking "Olympic wrestling or Olympic marathon running: which one builds more character?"

Taxes are giving more to people in need that charity right now, but before the Govt took over the job because they thought they could do a better job churches etc did the job. Back in the day people were forced by need to at least find some kind of work to help themselves and charity from these groups did not stop helping or promote not working like the govt does today. Today non govt charities seem to give hand outs to people that go through their govt hands outs and need more to get through the month.

I'd rather donate $100 to the Akron Food Bank than pay $100 to the IRS to pay some loser bureaucrat in Washington. :shrug:

Taxes, Akron food Bank doesn't do a thing in my area not to mention that every dollar in taxes helps pay my government pension :)

I would guess taxes, because it's a forced "donation". Although it seems like we get hammered with charity donations, all in all, not a high percentage actually donate.

I've never met anyone that actually got back on their feet from welfare. The way to get ahead is with a job and to correct whatever put yourself in the situation to need charity to survive.

Taxes are giving more to people in need that charity right now, but before the Govt took over the job because they thought they could do a better job churches etc did the job. Back in the day people were forced by need to at least find some kind of work to help themselves and charity from these groups did not stop helping or promote not working like the govt does today. Today non govt charities seem to give hand outs to people that go through their govt hands outs and need more to get through the month.

Giving more isn't necessarily helping. Just like the highest cost school districts don't necessarily produce the best graduates.

Who spends it more efficiently? With that criteria, Akron Food Bank has an upper need and then money goes to the next need. With inefficiency, it's just bureaucratic self-enrichment and that goes on in the 503 and "non-profit" world as well as it does the government.