Western Buckeye League

Question for the OG faithful. How close is Colin White getting to 2,000 points? Went to game last night. He was fantastic. Very special player.

Question for the OG faithful. How close is Colin White getting to 2,000 points? Went to game last night. He was fantastic. Very special player.
Colin White, Ottawa-Glandorf, 6-6 sr.
Ohio State University commit averaged 24.9 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.1 steals per game this season for the Associated Press poll champion Titans, who are 20-3 as of March 4. White is already a two-time All-Ohio first team selection and has been O-G’s top player on three straight state semifinal teams (runners-up in 2022, 2023). White has also helped the Titans to 28 consecutive Western Buckeye League wins, three straight league titles, and has been the WBL and District 8 Player of the Year three times. A four-year starter, White has played in 105 varsity basketball games, with O-G going 90-15 in those games. He is the all-time career leading scorer in the hot-bed basketball history of Putnam County. White enters the district semifinal round with 1,876 career points.

36 last night I think. I believe one game of districts he was held to a lower total so he is knocking on the door no doubt......

Colin White, Ottawa-Glandorf, 6-6 sr.
Ohio State University commit averaged 24.9 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.1 steals per game this season for the Associated Press poll champion Titans, who are 20-3 as of March 4. White is already a two-time All-Ohio first team selection and has been O-G’s top player on three straight state semifinal teams (runners-up in 2022, 2023). White has also helped the Titans to 28 consecutive Western Buckeye League wins, three straight league titles, and has been the WBL and District 8 Player of the Year three times. A four-year starter, White has played in 105 varsity basketball games, with O-G going 90-15 in those games. He is the all-time career leading scorer in the hot-bed basketball history of Putnam County. White enters the district semifinal round with 1,876 career points.

36 last night I think. I believe one game of districts he was held to a lower total so he is knocking on the door no doubt......
I think he had 20 in the district semi, 34 in the final and 36 last night....so he'd be at 1966 if my calculator is working right lol

I think he had 20 in the district semi, 34 in the final and 36 last night....so he'd be at 1966 if my calculator is working right lol
OG seems to have a “special player or 2 every 3-4 years (twins, current coach bramlage kid etc), Who is next?

OG seems to have a “special player or 2 every 3-4 years (twins, current coach bramlage kid etc), Who is next?
Lol...there's a lot more than 3-4 years between those guys. McGlaughlin was a 2000 grad.....the twins were 2004.....Bramlage was 2015

For those interested in going or listening, it looks like they changed the game time of the OG - Margaretta game to 7:00pm on Saturday because the OG girls play at 2 pm in Dayton.

Big win for the Titans to return to the semifinals last night.

White will enter Friday with 1,997 points

With the off-season upon us, there is now 4 open coaching spots in the league - Bath, Van Wert, Elida, and St Marys.

With the off-season upon us, there is now 4 open coaching spots in the league - Bath, Van Wert, Elida, and St Marys.
Interested in projections for next season:

1. O-G (9-0)
2. Shawnee (8-1)
3. Elida (6-3)
4. St. Mary's (6-3)
5. Celina (5-4)
6. Wapakoneta (5-4)
7. Defiance (3-6)
8. Kenton (2-7)
9. Van Wert (1-8)
10. Bath (0-9)

Those who follow the league closely enter predictions for next year's WBL record. Sounds like it may be a very unusual year for O-G, so a new WBL champion likely. Which teams will make improvement -- which ones may be down? Seems like four coaching vacancies is quite a few.

Interested in projections for next season:

1. O-G (9-0)
2. Shawnee (8-1)
3. Elida (6-3)
4. St. Mary's (6-3)
5. Celina (5-4)
6. Wapakoneta (5-4)
7. Defiance (3-6)
8. Kenton (2-7)
9. Van Wert (1-8)
10. Bath (0-9)

Those who follow the league closely enter predictions for next year's WBL record. Sounds like it may be a very unusual year for O-G, so a new WBL champion likely. Which teams will make improvement -- which ones may be down? Seems like four coaching vacancies is quite a few.
I will take Shawnee the next 2 years as league champs.

1. Shawnee
2. OG
3. St Marys
4. Wapak
5. Elida
6. Defiance
7. Celina
8. Kenton
9. VW
10. Bath

Celina will struggle with the loss of the Gabes boys. But even in the down years they have won multiple league games.

1. Shawnee
2. OG
3. St Marys
4. Wapak
5. Elida
6. Defiance
7. Celina
8. Kenton
9. VW
10. Bath

Celina will struggle with the loss of the Gabes boys. But even in the down years they have won multiple league games.
Appreciate your insights. Seems like you think the bottom 3 schools just kind of stay there. I thought maybe Van Wert might rise a couple of spots, but I agree Shawnee looks strong. Besides Bath, any coaching vacancies filled yet at the other schools?

Appreciate your insights. Seems like you think the bottom 3 schools just kind of stay there. I thought maybe Van Wert might rise a couple of spots, but I agree Shawnee looks strong. Besides Bath, any coaching vacancies filled yet at the other schools?
Correct on the bottom 3. Even though Celina will struggle, they have never finished last in the last 10 years, even though we have had bad teams. Besides this year, we normally have at least 2 league wins and 22/23, 3 of our 4 wins came in the league.

As far as vacancies, only know of Bath being filled.

1. Shawnee
2. OG
3. St Marys
4. Wapak
5. Elida
6. Defiance
7. Celina
8. Kenton
9. VW
10. Bath

OG at 2 may be a bit of a reach. Not a lot coming back as far as scoring on varsity.....and their JV team was the weakest it's been in 20 years

Doesn't Van Wert have some really good young players coming up? Maybe too early for them to help win more games or move up the standings next season? Interested in what people know about them.

OG at 2 may be a bit of a reach. Not a lot coming back as far as scoring on varsity.....and their JV team was the weakest it's been in 20 years
Fair, but most of the other league schools do not know how to win tight games. OG just has that winning mentality that is unfortunately missing in many of the other schools. And, how long has it been since some of these schools have beaten OG?!?

3 of the 5 schools with openings have been filled. Any word on Elida or Kenton?
I don't think Elida is all that close to a decision yet. Is this because then job is not all that attractive in terms of short-term winning prospects? Will they be better next season?

I don't think Elida is all that close to a decision yet. Is this because then job is not all that attractive in terms of short-term winning prospects? Will they be better next season?
Several interviews at Elida this week. Not sure when a decision is expected.